Watch it while you can | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Watch it while you can

I was sitting court side at the men's semi-finals of the U.S. Tennis Open with a fanatic Michigan fan who was an editor at the NY Times. No online game coverage on the pre-historic cell phones of that era, but my friend kept calling the sports desk at the Times (on his NY Times phone) for updates and mini Play by Play reports. He was driving the tennis fans next to us nuts as he reacted to ... and repeated to me... what was happening in Ann Arbor. (PS .. in the tennis match Pete Sampras lost to Patrick Rafter, but I didn't care. I was so excited about the football victory).

Last edited:
Loved the new wrinkles for this game of getting Kevin Johnson and Mo Jackson in the backfield some….we already had speed everywhere but Michigan wasn’t prepared for those track guys being the pitchman on the option.

Thank you for this, was on my honeymoon for this one (got married same day as Tennessee game), and couldn't find a place anywhere at the beach to watch it. Watched the whole game today. Also, in Atlanta, I could not get in front of a TV that had the Miami Gedney game, so only one more to go.

For those of you who aren't aware, there is a website called y2mate.com that allows you to download audio and video off of YouTube. You have to beware of clicking on the many pop-ups that try to put junk on your computer, but if you are persistent, you can download anything you find on there to your personal computer.

For those of you who aren't aware, there is a website called y2mate.com that allows you to download audio and video off of YouTube. You have to beware of clicking on the many pop-ups that try to put junk on your computer, but if you are persistent, you can download anything you find on there to your personal computer.
Can someone else do this for both the Miami 92 and Michigan 98 games get taken down? We need a backup of this games. I plan to do this in a few days when I have access to a personal PC, but not sure the video links will still be up at that point. Just can't risk doing this on my work computer.

I was there in person, my dad, and three of his friends and myself drove to the game in our RV, I was 17 at the time and I snuck over to a bar near the RV parking lot. I was Surprised I had no issue getting in. The bartenders were giving out free shots to anybody who would say F#$# the Irish or F SU, me being a teenager had no issue saying it to try and get free shots poured into my mouth by some coed bartenders, must have had at least 5 of them and was the first time I was ever drunk at a bar lol. Next day it must have been 90 degrees felt a little under the weather but loved every minute of the game!

I've got about 35 of our all time hoops complete games, dating from 1977 to 2014. I have silent footage of Roy's Runts against Maryland in the 1972 NIT. I've got the Purdue game from 1980, the Tennessee game from '77, UNC with Jordan in '83, Clyde Drexler's Houston team in the Dome, and every successful era represented.

For football, I've got about 15 major games, plus highlights clips of Jim Brown at SU, Ernie Davis and Floyd Little - all about 3 minutes each, but they seem timeless. I've got silent footage of Larry Csonka running all over Maryland in 1967 from somebody's old 8mm home movies.

A lot of great stuff is on there, if you dig.

Get them while you can on YouTube. Download with y2mate.com, but be careful of malware. If you get the message in your browser that downloading that clip is blocked (the little red icon in the browser URL window), just reload page, click to convert the clip again, and then it will work.

Be very careful of clicking on malware there. Good luck. You can all build an amazing home video collection from what's on YouTube.

Kirby Kirby Dar Dar !!

Yeah, I just watched that last night.

It was kind of amazing, but in the pre-game analysis, one announcer was saying to look for Florida to try to go for the end zone on their first play.

Right result - WRONG TEAM! LOL

Surprised to see this posted. I attended this game, but never saw it again since. A chance to see Bill Hurley, Joe Morris, and Art Monk. No home games for SU that year. Pitt went 11-1, ranked #7 in the country. Hugh Green, Dan Marino, Russ Grimm, Ricky Jackson, Mark May, Jackie Sherrill. Al Michaels, Frank Broyles.

How is it that the only way to get a a copy of a great game from years ago is that I have to roll the dice on getting some malware FFS? I appreciate the option IM but there's no other way to get some safe copies? Wish Syracuse offered ways to download digital copies from their site or something.

Surprised to see this posted. I attended this game, but never saw it again since. A chance to see Bill Hurley, Joe Morris, and Art Monk. No home games for SU that year. Pitt went 11-1, ranked #7 in the country. Hugh Green, Dan Marino, Russ Grimm, Ricky Jackson, Mark May, Jackie Sherrill. Al Michaels, Frank Broyles.

I watched the first Syracuse drive from this game the other night. Joe Morris was so quick though the hole, and seeing Art Monk first in the Wishbone, then as a wingback, and as a slot receiver, and then a flanker - I'll give Maloney credit; he used Monk everywhere and certainly kept the opponents guessing.

How is it that the only way to get a a copy of a great game from years ago is that I have to roll the dice on getting some malware FFS? I appreciate the option IM but there's no other way to get some safe copies? Wish Syracuse offered ways to download digital copies from their site or something.
Syracuse can’t. They don’t own the rights to old games.

I suppose you can go look for old VHS tapes at a garage sale ...

I always thought that Deema from Bubble Guppies looked exactly like an early 80s Dan Marino.

Bubble-Guppies-Deema.jpg

Syracuse can’t. They don’t own the rights to old games.
It would be amazing if we could somehow have a Syracuse equivalent of this...

It's not that scary. Just don't click the pop-ups, and keep going back to the download window. These, too, could be yours.

Screen Shot 2023-06-03 at 8.59.09 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-06-03 at 8.59.20 AM.png

It's not that scary. Just don't click the pop-ups, and keep going back to the download window. These, too, could be yours.

View attachment 228294View attachment 228295
Thanks again IM but my general rule of thumb is I don't mess around with sites that knowingly has malware on it. I can live without the games if that's the only option. It's a nice to have, not a need to have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom