Watching Alabama's Spring Game... | Syracusefan.com

Watching Alabama's Spring Game...

bcubs9497

Grumpy Fat B@stard
and it's insanely boring. Their offense runs at a snail's pace when compared to what i was able to see of our spring game. Gotta wonder if, were we to play them, we could tire their D out enough to make things interesting.

One day hopefully. Don't think we have shot this soon. Need a few more pieces

Yeah, we need a few more guys like that big d-lineman from last year. He was a really impactful freshman. I forget his name. ;)

We'd get manhandled by Bama's size and yes, their speed. Too many horses.

I'm going to be more active on the football board going forward. I've been too much of a lurker on this side. I certainly am a rabid SU hoops AND football fan; just lurk too much here. My next post will be less snarky and more insightful. I promise.

I heard BC's game was exciting. 2 FGs and a safety were the only points scored.

No word yet if any forward passes were completed. I think they are still reviewing the film.

'Bama scored a FG and a TD. That was it (before I nodded off to sleep). The pace of that game was sloooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Anyways, I know it'd be a long shot to beat them, but I'd bet, in a year or two, we'd make it interesting.

When you win 4 titles in 7 (?) years , then you can bore your fan base to hell at the spring game and no one cares. Otherwise, put on a good show. I think we could stay on the field with Alabama. They'd beat us by 50, but we could stay on the field.

'Bama scored a FG and a TD. That was it (before I nodded off to sleep). The pace of that game was sloooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Anyways, I know it'd be a long shot to beat them, but I'd bet, in a year or two, we'd make it interesting.
Hey.. I am working with a bunch of good 'ol boys from Jasper,Alabama

Lets not go crazy over a spring game, I have the feeling Saban's team will be contending for another title.

When you win 4 titles in 7 (?) years , then you can bore your fan base to hell at the spring game and no one cares. Otherwise, put on a good show. I think we could stay on the field with Alabama. They'd beat us by 50, but we could stay on the field.
Clemson didn't beat us by 50 why would Alabama? Clemson is just as good as Alabama.

Lamar Jackson in louisville's spring game today threw for about 515 yds and 8 TDs in 1 half and 1 play of 2nd half. It was against 2nd team D though. That kid can throw and run. Cuse DBs better be ready come this fall.

Clemson didn't beat us by 50 why would Alabama? Clemson is just as good as Alabama.

We stayed with Clemson, and with LSU.

Okay, the score might be closer, but don't look for weaknesses in Alabama at their spring game.

I am pretty certain that Saban could give a rat's a$$ about a Spring Game and/or entertaining fans at a Spring Game. I am also fairly certain he doesn't give a rat's a$$ what any of the fans think about him, his team or the Spring Game.

Just the type of guy he is.

Lets not go crazy over a spring game, I have the feeling Saban's team will be contending for another title.
Actually, I wouldn't bet the farm on that. QB play wasn't inspiring in the least. Not that they suck, and they're most certainly a Top 25 team, but I think that it's possible they lose a game this year that they shouldn't.

Next year, we get a shot at LSU again. Not Alabama, but pretty close.

and it's insanely boring. Their offense runs at a snail's pace when compared to what i was able to see of our spring game. Gotta wonder if, were we to play them, we could tire their D out enough to make things interesting.
Hard to tire them out when we would be 3 and out, and our the ball would be run down our defense's throat all day.

I happened to catch a few minutes of the Georgia spring game. What caught my attention wasn't the play on the field but the 93,000 fans in the stands. Wow.

Oh, would like to point out that at the time, back in 2011, Georgia Southern was an FCS school. That made it even more humiliating for 'Bama fans.

Ga. Southern's passing game in 2011 sucked. Had Ga. Southern been able to throw with any sort of proficiency (Dungey), it would've been a bit more dicey for 'Bama.

Lol...

Although we did make things interesting against much better teams last year.

bcubs9497 said:

It was a spring game but Yup that's just what they do though deliberate pro style as they should with the talent. They slowly bludgeon you to death because they've recruited the #1 and #2 player at each position. They keep your Defense on the field for as long as possible with hard running setting up the passing game and run out the clock on you. They score something on most possessions and if not lean on their defense also stacked with #1 and #2 players. Its boring football that wins them games ... but usually loses them one game a season when they BOTH don't execute on defense against a solid offense and turn the ball over on offense. Doesn't matter tho they'll make the championship game with one loss regardless.

So if we can be a solid offense which there is promise of, that is also efficient against teams that shorten the game, which is yet to be seen, and push defensive turnover numbers up to tops in the nation then there could be a chance but if you do that then its true against any team. Lets not get ahead of ourselves but I like the mojo.

Actually, I wouldn't bet the farm on that. QB play wasn't inspiring in the least. Not that they suck, and they're most certainly a Top 25 team, but I think that it's possible they lose a game this year that they shouldn't.

They did last year at home to Ole Miss, I would never ever count out Nick Saban.

I happened to catch a few minutes of the Georgia spring game. What caught my attention wasn't the play on the field but the 93,000 fans in the stands. Wow.

Ohio St had over 100,000 yesterday, which set a record for a spring game.