Watching Alabama's Spring Game... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Watching Alabama's Spring Game...

Capt. Tuttle said:
Hard to tire them out when we would be 3 and out, and our the ball would be run down our defense's throat all day.

This is unknowable. We haven't seen a game snap from Babers at Syracuse. I did see BGSU give Tenn a game at Tenn last year.

This is unknowable. We haven't seen a game snap from Babers at Syracuse. I did see BGSU give Tenn a game at Tenn last year.
They lost by almost 30 points. That wasn't giving them a game. They got crushed.

Sudano said:
They lost by almost 30 points. That wasn't giving them a game. They got crushed.

1. Just say you didn't watch the game. It would be easier.

2. I was responding to the post that said we'd be 3 and out, basically stuffed by the defense. Point is - that really doesn't happen to this kind of offense. That Tenn game was won by their offense bs BGSU's D. BGSU scored a bunch.

Interesting take on ESPN about the crazy attendance numbers. Paul Finebaum said that the fans of these schools know that they are an active part of the recruiting process and that getting huge number of people into the stands for a spring game shows well for recruits.

Basically, in a nutshell, these fans don't come to watch a spring game. They come to be an active part of the recruiting process.

Interesting take on ESPN about the crazy attendance numbers. Paul Finebaum said that the fans of these schools know that they are an active part of the recruiting process and that getting huge number of people into the stands for a spring game shows well for recruits.

Basically, in a nutshell, these fans don't come to watch a spring game. They come to be an active part of the recruiting process.

Or more logically, there are no pro sports in Alabama and there's nothing else to do. I highly doubt that there's any fan sitting there thinking "we better go to the spring game so that the recruits see it."

Or more logically, there are no pro sports in Alabama and there's nothing else to do. I highly doubt that there's any fan sitting there thinking "we better go to the spring game so that the recruits see it."

People's lives revolve around football down there, businesses literally close the day of games.

'Bama scored a FG and a TD. That was it (before I nodded off to sleep). The pace of that game was sloooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Anyways, I know it'd be a long shot to beat them, but I'd bet, in a year or two, we'd make it interesting.

I love your optimism, but Alabama is on one of the best runs ever. There are very few (if any) teams in the country that could rationally expect to beat 'Bama. In fact, there are very few that could expect to keep it close, and we have a way to go before we're one of them.

Some teams in the SEC East, however...

I love your optimism, but Alabama is on one of the best runs ever. There are very few (if any) teams in the country that could rationally expect to beat 'Bama. In fact, there are very few that could expect to keep it close, and we have a way to go before we're one of them.

Some teams in the SEC East, however...

Tennessee is going to be really good next year.

1. Just say you didn't watch the game. It would be easier.

2. I was responding to the post that said we'd be 3 and out, basically stuffed by the defense. Point is - that really doesn't happen to this kind of offense. That Tenn game was won by their offense bs BGSU's D. BGSU scored a bunch.
Huh? I watched the play by play on Youtube. Doesn't matter if I watched it. They got crushed.
BGSU scored 30 as in 59-30. This just in. Both offense AND Defense are an important part of winning football. Can't separate the two. Winning is just a differential between what the offense scores and the defense gives up. Scoring a lot of points alone doesn't result in winning football. I want to win, not just score points.

http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

Alabama:
Defensive line coach Bo Davis has resigned. Davis had been at Alabama since 2014 and was also at UA from 2007-10. The Tuscaloosa News reports Alabama is investigating possible recruiting violations. In a statement, Nick Saban said, “We appreciate all the contributions he made to the program and wish him and his family the very best in the future."

Alabama spring game is like watching paint dry and metal rust......