We Are Overdue for a FF Appearance... | Syracusefan.com

We Are Overdue for a FF Appearance...

newmexicuse

All Conference
Only two wins to go.

This group has been very inconsistent. No reason we can't win two more in a row IF we play up to our potential. My keys for a W:

1. A strong entire game from CJ. He has been far and away our best & most consistent player all season long, but even he sometimes funks such as he did in the 2nd half of the last game after a brilliant first half.

2. Solid 3 point shooting from at least one of Brandon and James.

3. Brandon needs to play within himself and have at least a semi-decent game.

4. Smart play from MCW. He needs to know when to go & when to let go & not have silly TOs. When he goes he will need to finish at the rim.

5. Continued strong inside play by BMK. He and X need to combine for around 14 & 10.

6. At some point Indiana will solve the Zone as all good teams do. Though I would like to see Jimmy mix up D's, I do not live on Mars (though NM is pretty close) so I know that won't happen, but he will need to at least adjust the Zone by extending when they start to hit some threes & contracting when they start to penetrate, and hopefully, to adjust to some extent pro-actively rather than re-actively.

If all six of these happened in all remaining games we could even win a NC. Unlikely, that happens, but if we get 4 or 5 in each game we play then we will be a very tough out.

One of the big keys to our success in 2003 is that we could count on every single player (with the exception perhaps of Jeremy, who was inconsistent, but certainly came through at times). Melo and Gerry were money every single game. The only player we have on this team who is money is CJ, and he has been missing his foul shots. Consistency won it for us in 2003. For this year's team, we just have to sit back and hope.

As I recall, I was a nervous wreck in 2003, so either way I am screwed. My demeanor during games is similar to a chiwawa that has chomped down on an electric fence.

We've only gone once per decade in the last 4! With the recruits that are coming in, I would be shocked if we couldn't get there at least once within the next six years.

I hate chiwawas almost as much as docksins ;)

I knew that wasn't the correct spelling, but google wasn't helping me. I didn't want to leave the page, so put in chiwawa. The correct spelling is
Chihuahua

This, after I PM'd Marsh that he'd spelled "exorcise" wrong! So ashamed. . . . . .

I'm convinced that if we win tomorrow night, we're also going to win on Saturday and get to Atlanta. I just have a feeling that THIS game is the game that this team needs to get their swagger going.

Who's with me?

There is poetry in mixing up exercise and exorcise, especially when another recent theme on the board has been 'sweatin' to the oldies'.

If I were going to exercise a demon, I would definitely force them to workout with Richard Simmons.

If we can get by Indiana, I think we will get to the Final Four. Tomorrow night will be extremely tough, though.

But damnit, I want a freaking Final Four. Maybe we can knock off IU tomorrow and Brandon can go off to exact a bit of revenge for Howard.

What if Christmas starts to play well? No one expects him to do much, but he has the ability to really affect both sides of the game with his athleticism. If he plays aggressively and with a purpose, we really could win it all.

In 2003 SU had the best player on the floor every game in Carmelo. Nobody could guard him m2m. Teams couldn't stop him from scoring or getting fouled even with double teams. And we had complimentary guys who stepped up. This team you never know what you're going to get in any game. Only CJ has been consistent. If 2 or 3 guys play really well SU can take down IU.

Melo and Gerry were money every single game.

Melo was actually absolute garbage in our 2nd round game vs. Oklahoma State. We won that game thanks to our bench (Edelin, Pace, McNeil) stepping up BIG-TIME.

That's what I always fire back with when SU haters say that we only won the national title because of Carmelo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom