We beat UVA Monday (v2.0) | Syracusefan.com

We beat UVA Monday (v2.0)

malachi_richardson_syracuse_630_final_fourjpg.jpg

Seriously, when is the last time we beat a top ten team? Am I forgetting an epic upset or has it been a while?

Temple beat Houston

So yeah why not

But what does it matter?

The programs unwell

Hope so.

This team should get at least 1 win vs a good team.

Still feel pretty good about the ACCT.

I just hope we're competitive and don't get our barn doors blown off...

I just hope we're competitive and don't get our barn doors blown off...
More likely than not that happens.

I watched UVA-BC yesterday. BC showed some life early, and then a little in the second half. UVA stepped on their neck in the second half and it was over. Hard to imagine our unstructured O doing much of anything against them. Maybe Joe has a game and keeps us in it for a while. But even if he does, UVA has the tools to take him out, and then we have zero answers.

Ya. I think this is going to be a tough game. We’re multiple levels away from being able to compete with top teams.
Depends on your idea of competing. We went down to the final minute against, Pitt, Miami and UNC, all projected tournament teams. Is Virginia better than those teams? Probably, but even in the first game against Virginia, we did some good things in the second half to only lose by 7. Depends on the game plan and how the first half goes.

More likely than not that happens.

I watched UVA-BC yesterday. BC showed some life early, and then a little in the second half. UVA stepped on their neck in the second half and it was over. Hard to imagine our unstructured O doing much of anything against them. Maybe Joe has a game and keeps us in it for a while. But even if he does, UVA has the tools to take him out, and then we have zero answers.

I hear u.

If we can't get a quad 1 win, at least being quad 1 competitive is my tempered hope... Expecting doors blown off, tho... if I'm being honest.

Depends on your idea of competing. We went down to the final minute against, Pitt, Miami and UNC, all projected tournament teams. Is Virginia better than those teams? Probably, but even in the first game against Virginia, we did some good things in the second half to only lose by 7. Depends on the game plan and how the first half goes.
Competing means winning, to me. It’s college hoops, there are upsets every day. Just hanging around with a team but losing is losing. We used to mock fans who were happy with moral victories.

Competing means winning, to me. It’s college hoops, there are upsets every day. Just hanging around with a team but losing is losing. We used to mock fans who were happy with moral victories.
It's not as easy as people think. Look at Villanova. They are 10-11 with two tough road games (@Marquette and @Creighton) next on their schedule. Every single team in CBB has had a downturn. Ours took 50 years to get to it.

It's not as easy as people think. Look at Villanova. They are 10-11 with two tough road games (@Marquette and @Creighton) next on their schedule. Every single team in CBB has had a downturn. Ours took 50 years to get to it.
CA8406A6-6FD9-42A6-AFE1-12FE4EE0EF32.png
CA8406A6-6FD9-42A6-AFE1-12FE4EE0EF32.png

Hard to compare our downturn over the last nine years with Villanova’s current year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom