We have an OC who tweets... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We have an OC who tweets...

One of McDonald's tweets is with Eric Decker. Good to name drop for recruits.

I saw that too, and all I can think is that hopefully he can turn Ben into an eric decker clone!

I don't think he sticks around too long - unless the SS bond is stronger than we know. Seems like the guy is looking to get to the top quick.

I agree and don't blame him. 3 years would be great to have two full recruiting cycles where he can't flip any recruits when he moves to his next job. Anything more than 3 is a bonus. Hopefully he can really upgrade our talent and make Syracuse an easier place to recruit when he leaves.

anyone privy to george mcdonald's contract? imagine we paid a premium to get him here. the OC is obviously a promotion which comes w more pay, but it seems like this guy was on the fast track anyways, so my guess is we added a bit more incentive.

anyone privy to george mcdonald's contract? imagine we paid a premium to get him here. the OC is obviously a promotion which comes w more pay, but it seems like this guy was on the fast track anyways, so my guess is we added a bit more incentive.
He was on 275k a year at Arkansas when we hired him, so I'd assume it was a significant raise.

He was on 275k a year at Arkansas when we hired him, so I'd assume it was a significant raise.
And he had to pay $50K or $75K (I forget which one) to leave early (Arkansas must have sensed something to throw an early exit penalty in an assistant's contract) - assume that SU paid it either directly or to McDonald to pay it.

And he was getting paid $60K more at Arkansas than the guy he replaced.

Nice to be wanted.

He hasn't called one play at Syracuse and you guys already have him leaving within 3 years. Lets hope it's not because he's been fired.

If he turns out to be a credible OC - that combined with his recruiting skills? Gone. If he is a sub-par OC and we stink on O after 3 years, based on how great of a recruiter he is known to be - I think he leaves to an SEC team for recruiting (WR coach or recruiting coordinator).

Who's in Miami? O'Korn?

last tweet just says: #miamicentral

So, who's out of miami central that we're looking at?

Da'Wan Hunte (DB) and others besides Hodge. Hodge who was NR is now a 3 star on Rivals. There is a lot of talent coming from that school. I am very optimistic that some big name kid out of Florida is going to be offered, and doesn't hurt solidifying the relationship with Hodge either. An upsatrt coach from the area might not be a bad thing either, we do still have a few openings I believe.

And he had to pay $50K or $75K (I forget which one) to leave early (Arkansas must have sensed something to throw an early exit penalty in an assistant's contract) - assume that SU paid it either directly or to McDonald to pay it.

And he was getting paid $60K more at Arkansas than the guy he replaced.

Nice to be wanted.

I believe this is false. He only had to pay if leaving for a lateral position, not OC position.

On today's episode of reading too much into tweets I give you:

Exhibit A:

Sandor Kop@HowIMetUrKopitz
@CoachGMcDonald where you at now?!

10m George McDonald@CoachGMcDonald
@HowIMetUrKopitz broward county #3

Exhibit B:

George McDonald@CoachGMcDonald
Great visit with Coach Bennett.. If it was easy everyone would do it #neversaynever

So, Coach Bennett in Broward County is...

Donnell Bennet, head coach of Northeast High in Oakland Park, the home of one, Stacy Coley.

And now I'll find some productive way to spend my time...

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Great visit with Coach Bennett.. If it was easy everyone would do it #neversaynever

Donnell Bennet, head coach of Northeast High in Oakland Park, the home of one, Stacy Coley.

or ...

OL Harry Dumervil Oakland Park, FloridaNortheast 6'7" 330 N/A N/A N/A
list

DE Marquis Fairchild Oakland Park, FloridaNortheast 6'4" 218 N/A N/A N/A
DB Zeffery Clark Oakland Park, FloridaNortheast 6'1" 180 N/A N/A N/A
Dumervil is related to a former Cuse player ... these three are 2014 kids

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Heh, good work. Coley does indeed have an Arkansas offer.

Coley is big time and uncommitted. Scheduled visit this weekend to miss. Still has one visit left. If we ever got this kid to even visit cuse I think that would be impressive and maybe bode well for the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom