We just look so slow and everything | Syracusefan.com

We just look so slow and everything

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
Seems like a struggle. Nothing crisp or concise. Just really look bad out there where it's tough to get anything going on offense or defense. It really is starting to look like a greg Robinson team. We look conservative on defense as well. Frustrating to say the least.

Our offense and defense looks slow because they have no idea what it is they are supposed to do......They play each play with a question mark. There is absolutely no anticipation whatsoever. The lack of confidence shows from the start of the game. Louisville 4 plays 75 yard td drive exposed that lack of preparedness, confidence and anticipation.

Seems like a struggle. Nothing crisp or concise. Just really look bad out there where it's tough to get anything going on offense or defense. It really is starting to look like a greg Robinson team. We look conservative on defense as well. Frustrating to say the least.

The Gerg mindset did creep in beginning those final minutes in the 2nd quarter.

For a team focused on being hard nosed, they looked bullied. Again. Even special teams didn't do much to differentiate.

They're getting worse. Young teams are supposed to get better. That is, if they're being developed properly and "coached up."

#firewillhicks

The secondary is a dumpster fire and so is the linebacker Corp

It might be "preparedness, confidence etc" but is that the root cause? We are playing small and very young kids in our secondary. Should they be confident?

#firewillhicks

The secondary is a dumpster fire and so is the linebacker Corp

I was working on campus this summer and at lunch I got to talk with a current player and it went into Will Hicks.
The player said Hicks was told to change his program around because of injuries and lack of development in getting players to improve the quickness and times instead of the bench press.The guy does not have a sound nutritional program to speak of.

A few years back another player told me that Hicks research this Kids father and personal trainer to see how he was trained. Then on a recruiting visit, Hicks fed him a line of B.S. about how he runs his program. The player would have never committed and signed after what he figured out he was lied to after spending a few weeks here.

That was first hand.

Walter Reyes was very,very fast as a true freshmen and seemed to get slower as the years wore on and others here have pointed that out also.

S&C programs are one of, if not the most important part of a successful D-I program. Dale Hulitt was a good friend and a former high school coach of mine in wrestling left Syracuse to go the Miami U. OVER pay as Miami more than doubled his pay. Dale passed away more than a few years ago to cancer at around 50. Syracuse is content on paying low and become a feeder school to the higher profile programs out there.

I was working on campus this summer and at lunch I got to talk with a current player and it went into Will Hicks.
The player said Hicks was told to change his program around because of injuries and lack of development in getting players to improve the quickness and times instead of the bench press.The guy does not have a sound nutritional program to speak of.

A few years back another player told me that Hicks research this Kids father and personal trainer to see how he was trained. Then on a recruiting visit, Hicks fed him a line of B.S. about how he runs his program. The player would have never committed and signed after what he figured out he was lied to after spending a few weeks here.

That was first hand.

Walter Reyes was very,very fast as a true freshmen and seemed to get slower as the years wore on and others here have pointed that out also.

S&C programs are one of, if not the most important part of a successful D-I program. Dale Hulitt was a good friend and a former high school coach of mine in wrestling left Syracuse to go the Miami U. OVER pay as Miami more than doubled his pay. Dale passed away more than a few years ago to cancer at around 50. Syracuse is content on paying low and become a feeder school to the higher profile programs out there.
Would Hal Luther ever come back or has that shipped sailed? I know Donovan Darius and Johnnie Morant are fitness freaks ... Don't know if they would work as SC guys though

I agree it seems to be a problem with S/C but shouldn't the head coach be aware of what does and doesn't work? Shouldn't that be a top priority of any head coach?

orangenauburn said:
#firewillhicks The secondary is a dumpster fire and so is the linebacker Corp

The whole football program needs a purge. Including the S&C program. Scorched earth policy should be in effect. No one stays.

The guy does not have a sound nutritional program to speak of.

That's insane in todays world. Nutrition is ridiculously important. Don't the athletes have their own cafeteria, the S&C along with a nutritionist should be involved in all meal planning (I'm assuming they aren't)

The whole football program needs a purge. Including the S&C program. Scorched earth policy should be in effect. No one stays.

Wow you've turned too. Who still #StandswithShafer?

I agree it seems to be a problem with S/C but shouldn't the head coach be aware of what does and doesn't work? Shouldn't that be a top priority of any head coach?
Under GROB Hicks didn't keep charts on how players progressed...it was waste of time mentality during that phase

Under GROB Hicks didn't keep charts on how players progressed...it was waste of time mentality during that phase
I recall Grob was blamed for that.

I recall Grob was blamed for that.
He was,but Hicks is a grown man and should have told him he was nuts or should have done it anyways.....= spineless from the expert here.

Ozcuse said:
Wow you've turned too. Who still #StandswithShafer?

Not sure what made you think I was pro SS.

I don't know if it changed, but before this fall, SU did not employ a nutritionist for athletes. Stick them all in apartments and then have no one to help guide them in this area.

Gross couldn't fit the position in his budget, but found a spot for his wife and Giansante.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom