"We just played three of the top teams in the country to a standstill. If you're getting beat by 20 by those teams, then you say, 'OK, we'll see.'" | Syracusefan.com

"We just played three of the top teams in the country to a standstill. If you're getting beat by 20 by those teams, then you say, 'OK, we'll see.'"

djcon57

Living Legend
Waiting GIF

Figured the team would be a no-show once I saw it was on ESPN. I can’t remember the last time Cuse played well.. not even won, just played well.. when on ESPN. Pathetic program. We’re the new Indiana.

Indiana is the #14 program in the country right now.

And it will also take SU 30 years to get to that point again.

It was evident when he flat out lied to the public pre-season stating that this was the best recruiting class ever. He didn't believe that for a second, its so factually false on every level its crazy and he knew it. He is/was just trying to hold on to his job as long as he can no matter the cost. They guy should have been gone at the end of last year after his kids left. I'd be shocked if he doesn't squeeze out at least another year as part of his farewell tour when the administration finally finds the fortitude to tell him he's done.

It was evident when he flat out lied to the public pre-season stating that this was the best recruiting class ever. He didn't believe that for a second, its so factually false on every level its crazy and he knew it. He is/was just trying to hold on to his job as long as he can no matter the cost. They guy should have been gone at the end of last year after his kids left. I'd be shocked if he doesn't squeeze out at least another year as part of his farewell tour when the administration finally finds the fortitude to tell him he's done.
I’d say stuff too to make 3+ million as well

Let’s not forget he all but guaranteed this team was an NCAA team this year.

We are not close to that, in case you were wondering.

He doesn’t need the money. This is all about ego. And status. And power.

And the all consuming fear of not being the HC of SU.
It feels a little cringe when they play that legend video where they announce JB and he walks out of the tunnel before the game. It seems like the type of thing he would hate, but maybe not.

It feels a little cringe when they play that legend video where they announce JB and he walks out of the tunnel before the game. It seems like the type of thing he would hate, but maybe not.
I never ever thought he’d hang on this long. I was very wrong about what motivates him.

Indiana is the #14 program in the country right now.

And it will also take SU 30 years to get to that point again.
No it won’t. People act like Indiana disappeared for decades. Not true. Do you not recall beating them in the S16 when they were #1 overall seed in the tourney on our way to the Final Four? They had several top 10 seasons under Crean. He isn’t a great coach but they were decent most years under him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom