We may have lost that game... | Syracusefan.com

We may have lost that game...

...but it's easy to tell who the real losers are from reading this board in the aftermath of a loss, in the Final Four, no less.
Can I like that 1000x?

...but it's easy to tell who the real losers are from reading this board in the aftermath of a loss, in the Final Four, no less.

On the bright side, the loss can only increase the likelihood CJ returns. I don't think anyone is beating Lville anyway...

On the bright side, the loss can only increase the likelihood CJ returns. I don't think anyone is beating Lville anyway...
CJ has never been in danger of leaving early. I'll be stunned if he even toys with it.

Honestly, if Tyler Ennis can stay healthy next year (with his shoulder issues) and we can get one or two people to step up as shooters to replace Dirty, I think we could possibly be even better next season.

CJ has never been in danger of leaving early. I'll be stunned if he even toys with it.

Honestly, if Tyler Ennis can stay healthy next year (with his shoulder issues) and we can get one or two people to step up as shooters to replace Dirty, I think we could possibly be even better next season.

I guarantee he tests the waters. Won't hire an agent for sure though.

I much rather losing this game knowing we could have won and it was the final four.
The oklahoma 2009 loss was like rusty nails, the OSU game with more foul shots for osu then mintues in the game was sandpaper.

This has a different type of pain knowing we could have won. I don't know whether to take it more to heart or less.
All pain sucks and saying that doesn't make it feel any better. If anyone has any advice on that one throw away.

Eh - everyone deals with losing in different ways. It's easy to rag people who do it differently.

It will work itself out.

Eh - everyone deals with losing in different ways. It's easy to rag people who do it differently.

It will work itself out.
Fans who say that so and so "doesn't deserve" to play at this level or attacks OUR players in any way should just get the hell off the board for the night, then. It's easy to rag on people who rag on our guys who played their guts out. What the hell did anyone on this board do tonight to try to help the team win? We drank beer and bitched about what was happening on the floor. The kids people are attacking played their hearts out, and deserve better than what they get.

My favorite thing to do when I read a poster really trashing the team is to check their posting activity for the past few weeks...and, it's funny how this always happens to be the case, this is their first post on the board in a few weeks. Lol.

I feel like saying, "Dude, where were you when the team was setting records for margin of victory against Montana? Or when they never really let Cal get too close? Or when they completely DOMINATED both teams last weekend...good teams in Indiana & Marquette...holding them to season-lows for points & never even allowing them to come within like 8 points of tying/leading?"

Such a strange way to "support" a team...only come around after losses. I'll never understand that.

In the same way happy emotions lead to happy ones negative ones lead to negative ones.

happyness, fun, inspiration, cheering, excitement, motivation, success all work hand in hand and lead to things like high confidese high self esteem yada yada.

anger leads to blame, hate, disrepect vengence, cheering for others failure, low confidence and self esteem yada yada.

This TEAM has NOTHING to blame. They might have some regrets after tonight but Blame has no positive benefit. Blame fwon't change tonight or make Mike, Southerland and Triche any better ballers at the next level.

As good as CJ played Triche made some huge plays tonight, but nobody got James and Mike going and James and Mike shouldn't blame just themselves for that either. They have to move on, lingering has no benefits.

All in All things are always better when the future is bright at the end of one road. And its very bright next few years and James Triche, Mike and Maybe the last we see of CJ will always be Orange.

Rak battled pretty hard tonight as well I felt. Keita/Cooney made a nice play or two.

Will always be proud of this team Great job from JB from 08-09 to 12-13 and Go ACC!
May God bless our future, Ville had 2 final fours in a row and so can we :D

My favorite thing to do when I read a poster really trashing the team is to check their posting activity for the past few weeks...and, it's funny how this always happens to be the case, this is their first post on the board in a few weeks. Lol.

I feel like saying, "Dude, where were you when the team was setting records for margin of victory against Montana? Or when they never really let Cal get too close? Or when they completely DOMINATED both teams last weekend...good teams in Indiana & Marquette...holding them to season-lows for points & never even allowing them to come within like 8 points of tying/leading?"

Such a strange way to "support" a team...only come around after losses. I'll never understand that.

You just described Igor and Blue Curtain

I think he should, and will, toy with it. He should put his name into the draft expecting to come back, just so he can get information on where he stands and what he needs to really improve on.

Now if he does that and then someone tells him he'll be a 1st round pick, and he decides to stay in the draft, then I won't be too happy with my comments here :)

i feel bad for these kids. I feel like they battled back and then the refs had to be bigger than the game.
The fans at the Georgia Dome were robbed of two possibly spectacular finishes with the quick jump ball and then the onslaught of questionable calls that all went against us. The basketball Gods set up some amazing finishes and the refs were like nope, not today.

I guarantee he tests the waters. Won't hire an agent for sure though.
There is no more testing the waters. You're either in or coming back to school. Last year the NBA got rid of those workouts for teams before the deadline. I think the only option is like the NFL, which is to get feedback from an advisory committee and go from there before making a decision. If CJ goes that route, then I'm sure they'll tell him he's a mid-late 2nd rounder at best.

There is no more testing the waters. You're either in or coming back to school. Last year the NBA got rid of those workouts for teams before the deadline. I think the only option is like the NFL, which is to get feedback from an advisory committee and go from there before making a decision. If CJ goes that route, then I'm sure they'll tell him he's a mid-late 2nd rounder at best.

Even better for SU then. Doubtful he will hear what he wants to hear.

I'm in this camp as well. I still have hope for Cooney and was as down on him as anybodywas all season. For him to drill his first shot on that kind of stage was awesome.

Making brash over-the-top posts is a sure way to get a reaction. It's a certainty.

Thoughtful, nicey, nice posts awaken crickets. I praised the players earlier this morning, and got zero replies.

However, "bash" the coach, players, or board's easy targets, and whoooo boy, ratings go up.

If people want a better board, they need to reply to those who provide that, and ignore that which does not.

Making brash over-the-top posts is a sure way to get a reaction. It's a certainty.

Thoughtful, nicey, nice posts awaken crickets. I praised the players earlier this morning, and got zero replies.

However, "bash" the coach, players, or board's easy targets, and whoooo boy, ratings go up.

If people want a better board, they need to reply to those who provide that, and ignore that which does not.
Good post! Swish always reminds me of a character in "The Fish who saved Pittsburg"...

Hey, I'm in Atlanta. Did I think I would be here 4 weeks ago. Hell no. So we did not win. But we had one hell of a late season run. I love all of these players. Will miss James and Triche. And MCW. This team took me on a great ride. More fun to have the "surprise" Final Four at then end. Special year, special team.

Eh, I have been to NYC, San Jose, Washington, and ATL to support this team in the last 3 weeks. I am still having a hard time accepting that we pissed away a national championship because my 2 favorite players were awful.

When everyone was hatin on Mike and James I had big faith they'd deliver. They did to get us here.

But they also lost us the game last night. Their poor games were the biggest reason we lost. #2 was Michigan getting all those offensive boards and then hitting shots off them.

And the rest of the reasons were BT's bad decisions in the last minute, JBs bad decisions in the second half, and the important calls that went against us.

Just how it is. The loss to Michigan is going to take me a few months to get over. It really stings to lose a national championship and give it to a bullshit team (Lville are a joke and Michigan should have lost to KU) because your favorite players just flat out sucked. Probably makes me a bad fan but oh well.

This run to the final four was still a lot of fun and I got to see some of my best friends from SU along the way which was nice. Really can't get over James and Mike losing us a Final Four game though, I thought once Joseph and Scoop were out of the way and it was their 1 year to shine we'd make a final four and I was correct. (I predicted losing in the national championship game all along for this season though at least until this last week when I knew the NC was ours for the taking.)

But the 2013 national championship really should have been ours it really really ing sucks we lost in the manner we did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom