We outrebounded them, we hit 10/19 on threes, | Syracusefan.com

We outrebounded them, we hit 10/19 on threes,

Unreal...we could beat Pitt ten times in a row abd I would still go into the next game thinking well lose somehow. Have never felt this way about any opponent for all the teams I root for. Absolutely infuriating, wish they werent in the ACC

also, we made 2 more threes than them and 1 more FT than them... it's just kind of baffling

Yep and that big deficit we had to overcome. Big punch to the gut. Pitt played a bad game. Gave us so mnay chances just like in Syracuse.

negligible overal FG % - they had 48 we had 47

That stretch at the end of the first half and beginning of the second half where Pitt scored repeatedly on second and third chances, and no one except Coleman could score told the tale.

I guess the point I'm really trying to make with this thread...
If you would have told me before the game that we would outrebound them and hit double-digit threes I would have said well then we're definitely going to win the game

Cameron Johnson had the game of his life -- he's gonna be a pain for us the next 3 years.

Cameron Johnson had the game of his life -- he's gonna be a pain for us the next 3 years.

Too lazy to look it up but I thought he had decent games against us before. But, when he's the guy lighting it up for them on offense...GUARD HIM! They did NOTHING special. Just late rotations. I have a feeling our guards were looking to cheat in for rebounding help but still...

Just par for the course, someone always has a career game against us. The most frustrating part is listening to the announcers say "so and so is having a career day!".

Just par for the course, someone always has a career game against us. The most frustrating part is listening to the announcers say "so and so is having a career day!".

he'll probably put up a goose egg vs. UNC like Mopa Ginjla did vs. Michigan St.

The other strange thing is so many weird tips went directly to Pitt players for layups.

That stretch at the end of the first half and beginning of the second half where Pitt scored repeatedly on second and third chances, and no one except Coleman could score told the tale.

Yeah, at the end of the day that buried us. It was a huge stretch where we seemed completely deflated. I'm impressed by the team having that big run in them, but you just can't have those droughts.

Yeah, at the end of the day that buried us. It was a huge stretch where we seemed completely deflated. I'm impressed by the team having that big run in them, but you just can't have those droughts.
The defense was non-existent. That put us in a hole we just barely could dig out of (to tie it).

I'm just so bummed. Such a big let down. I thought we had it going into today and especially when G tied it with the dunk. Stupid errors, and make no mistake about it, both by players AND coaches, killed us.

We had this game. We made 8 straight threes!

The defense was non-existent. That put us in a hole we just barely could dig out of (to tie it).

I'm just so bummed. Such a big let down. I thought we had it going into today and especially when G tied it with the dunk. Stupid errors, and make no mistake about it, both by players AND coaches, killed us.

We had this game. We made 8 straight threes!

Did we really? Before the final miss? I didn't realize. Holy crap.

Yeah, even after that drought they cut the lead from 14 to about 4, then Pitt opened it back up to about 12 before the final surge that tied the game. It's just so hard to keep climbing those hills, only to slide back down. They showed great heart today, as they have in a lot of these losses. I'll remember this group for that.

Yeah, even after that drought they cut the lead from 14 to about 4, then Pitt opened it back up to about 12 before the final surge that tied the game. It's just so hard to keep climbing those hills, only to slide back down. They showed great heart today, as they have in a lot of these losses. I'll remember this group for that.

I know, when we extended it back to 12 I was sure we were done at that point. It was a fun little run we made.

Unfortunately, we allowed another 4-5 point/game guy go off for a career night netting 24. :bang:

I know, when we extended it back to 12 I was sure we were done at that point. It was a fun little run we made.
Yes, I said we were cooked at that point, and I rarely do that. They almost made look foolish. Wish they had.

You beat me to it(and I suppose orangecuse did too). I know that's certainly not the first time I've heard "career high" this season. Could SWC or someone else find out how many players had career highs against us this season? I wonder if it just seems like more than it is, or if the zone plays into it or what.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom