We should beat Duke | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

We should beat Duke

5C485B9B-AE12-43A2-AC65-1A23E1FD50D5.jpeg

Does anyone remember the story of this photo? (Which I have just sent to all my Duke friends.) I know it was at our very first game and the man and woman were having a lively cheering contest. Then the ushers came and threw her out! It seemed quite unfair, the crowd demanded that she be let back in, and she was.

Does anyone remember what she said or did to get herself thrown out?

This is one of my favorite pictures.

Does anyone remember the story of this photo? (Which I have just sent to all my Duke friends.) I know it was at our very first game and the man and woman were having a lively cheering contest. Then the ushers came and threw her out! It seemed quite unfair, the crowd demanded that she be let back in, and she was.

Does anyone remember what she said or did to get herself thrown out?

This is one of my favorite pictures.
The story.

This stupid post didn’t age well. Hopefully you learned a lesson. Don’t underestimate your opponent and don’t overestimate Syracuse ever.

I think it does.

Vs NCSt, our starting five turned over a high-powered offense in impressive fashion. I think the improvement on D we've seen since the beginning of the year will continue. They're throwing themselves into their team defense with the kind of energy that is needed to make the Boeheim zone lethal. I expect to see them turn over Duke just like they did NCSt & those pts off turnovers will help fuel our total offensive effort, resulting an impressive win.
crystal ball love GIF by HERSHEY’S Cookies ’n’ Creme
The Office Nbc GIF

Honestly, the op isn’t wrong. Duke isnt very good. This is the worst Duke team in a long time. Were just a lot worse.
Duke came into this game as an unremarkable three-point shooting team and went bonkers. As much as I’d like to attribute it to luck, the rebounding disparity was very real and the three-point issues won’t go away as long as we deploy zone as our primary defense. It will only get worse as more teams field lineups with 3+ shooters instead of 2.

Flip is their leading scorer but only shoots 42.6%. Not good for a PF. Joe is at 40.6%. Lively is 7'1". He shares time at center. Jesse's shooting % is 58.3, which is about 50% greater than Flip.

They are not high scoring but they are tough on D. We can't afford to be sloppy or let them play volleyball.

This will be a tough game. If we feed Jesse, as we normally should, they will double team him. We rely on interior scoring which could be difficult against them. Joe will have to be on and Chris will have to get his MOJO back. Jesse will have to quickly recognize the double and be able to hit Malik.
I agree with this assessment. Nothing happened of what we needed. That's why we got blown out.

This stupid post didn’t age well. Hopefully you learned a lesson. Don’t underestimate your opponent and don’t overestimate Syracuse ever.
It wasn’t stupid. Duke ain’t good and we suck. Boeheim needs to go now.

People are really underestimating Duke. They are a great offensive rebounding team which will give the zone fits. They have three bigs to bang with Jesse. They are athletic at every position. They are not great shooters, but they have several players who can make threes. I’m not sure where SU has a real advantage. Scheyer is not Coach K, but he’s doing a good job with this team. They‘ve lost two games because officials choked at the end of two games. They have also battled injuries all season. If you think SU’s transition to a new coach is going to be better than Duke’s you’re in for a rude awakening.
Bingo!

It wasn’t stupid. Duke ain’t good and we suck. Boeheim needs to go now.
Sorry man I shouldn’t have said that. Just P’ed off about the outcome. My apologies.
But I 100% agree it’s time for a change.

We are home and they aren’t good. I’ll be very disappointed if we lose. This is a game where we need to take care of business.
You really know how to call em

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom