We win the ACC tournament | Syracusefan.com

We win the ACC tournament

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Gotcha!!!

I'm sorry, I had to post that..

Some points-
1. Hope Hughes is okay, whatever the injury is.
2. I am removing this game from my memory forever.
3. Miami is absolutely horrendous. And won.
4. Guard rotation?
5. Miami is horrific.

All season I think there are two teams that definitely can easily beat us:

Louisville and UNC.

We have a chance to beat Duke and Virginia. We can easily beat NC State and Notre Dame if we are healthy. But even we are 100% healthy, there is very tiny chance to beat UNC. And no chance to beat Louisville.

Come on guys...we don't win one game I in the ACCT. If I'm wrong, I'll buy.

would love to see another 6 overtime game. and our eventual forfeit due to foul trouble..

that would just be such a nut kick for you and your peeps in the Short Bench Society wouldn't it mr. prez.

Last edited:
Some people are just realists...we are not going to beat UNC. Not this year...and probably no next year.

They do tend to make us look like the Washington Generals, although I was somewhat encouraged to see we indeed do have 4 all time wins against them(albeit vs 12 losses), including one in 2014...which isn't as old as some of the recent posts had me thinking.

I'm tired of these guys being our Kryptonite. It's certainly possible even this season, but a lot more would need to go right for us, and/or wrong for them, vs the requirements for them(basically showing up to the game on time).

To me, the funny part is that these statements are often ones made about high seeded opponents, not the #14 seed in your conference, lol. If we do end up facing them, maybe JB can pop in a cassette of Bouie's "Heroes" and it might let the troops realize how big a win would be?

Last edited:
if we can somehow win the ACCT i'm perfectly happy being eliminated first round in the NCAA to whoever.

I'd immediately sign up for that and would call it a successful season...the most successful one in how long???

Last edited:
I think we make a run. Sad thing is even if we are playing Sat night we probably have no shot due to depth issues.

Some people are just realists...we are not going to beat UNC. Not this year...and probably no next year.
UNC is not a deep team -- against Duke only 7 players played meaningful minutes -- and will be playing their 2nd game in 2 days. Advantage SU. Syracuse defense sucks. Advantage UNC. Hopefully our advantage outweighs their advantage. If we win, we then face a rested Louisville team. Now that could get ugly beyond comprehension.

UNC is not a deep team -- against Duke only 7 players played meaningful minutes -- and will be playing their 2nd game in 2 days. Advantage SU. Syracuse defense sucks. Advantage UNC. Hopefully our advantage outweighs their advantage. If we win, we then face a rested Louisville team. Now that could get ugly beyond comprehension.

SU is not a deep team. UNC kills us inside. UNC has better guards and plays better defense. Did you see our game against UNC?

SU is not a deep team. UNC kills us inside. UNC has better guards and plays better defense. Did you see our game against UNC?
I did and it was ugly for us. I'm hoping UNC has to play hard against VT and is off their game if they play us on Wednesday. UNC is a good team right now, not a great team.

Nope. But it's not realistic to think we'll win the ACCT.

true but I was there when GMAC and Cuse won the Big East tournament in 2006. Absolutely no one expected that run. After surviving cincy we played the #1 team in the country (UConn) who we matched up with horribly. Stranger th8ngs have happened and could happen. None of the top ACC teams are unbeatable. We are just okay, but if you get hot and some lucky bounces it may be enough. Let’s see how it plays out but we’ve got a punchers chance. Win 4 games and we are a part of March Madness.
Cuse!

the coach himself has said repeatedly we have no answer inside to any team with a talented inside presence. how far are you going to get in any tournament before you face A TALENTED FRONT LINE. an ACCT title would be an absolute miracle finish to what has been a very down year. and perhaps lend us some sorely needed conference cred. NCAA 's ? forget about it. just give us a couple well played ACCT games and call it square.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom