Week 8 ACC/FBS Games for Oct 17-21 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Week 8 ACC/FBS Games for Oct 17-21

I can only imagine the debates that take place on the Iowa message boards re: Kirk Ferentz.

I’m envisioning one half of the board celebrating his consistency and relative success and that they’re never bad, and the other half losing their minds over the lack of offensive innovation literally every season.

I can only imagine the debates that take place on the Iowa message boards re: Kirk Ferentz.

I’m envisioning one half of the board celebrating his consistency and relative success and that they’re never bad, and the other half losing their minds over the lack of offensive innovation literally every season.

He opted to keep his son on as OC this year, which (I think) means he hitched his wagon to a better offense this year. It would not shock me if they give Kirk the opportunity to retire gracefully at the end of this season - he’s shown he doesn’t want to fire his son, so that as an option is probably eliminated.

Iowa fans throwing stuff on the field is shocking to me. One of the politest fan bases out there.

Edit - PJ being an idiot is entirely unshocking to me though.
They should be mad about the egregious nepotism on their sideline not the refs. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

I know it will be controversial but I think the refs got that call right in the Iowa game. For safety purposes anything that looks anything like a fair catch has to be a fair catch or someone could get decapitated.

They should be mad about the egregious nepotism on their sideline not the refs. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

This is a both/and situation. Iowa fans have been fuming about Brian Ferentz being retained since the end of last season. And the fair catch call was correct, but if it happened to Syracuse I’d be upset about it also.

I know it will be controversial but I think the refs got that call right in the Iowa game. For safety purposes anything that looks anything like a fair catch has to be a fair catch or someone could get decapitated.
That's not a fair catch though or an invalid one. They straight up stole a win from them. I have no problem with fans tossing stuff on the field. The Big needs to issue an apology at minimum and Iowa should protest.

EDIT: Because of that call, they're now behind Wisconsin in the Big West standings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom