Welcome, Coach Brown! Now, about that portal... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Welcome, Coach Brown! Now, about that portal...

Yeah, we're gonna get some guys.

My bold prediction is he pulls off keeping Allen, Gadsden, and Villari (he's easier since he already used his freebie transfer), snags a QB talent and WR, and gets some OL transfers to shore up the line. Offense is as well-rounded as it's been in a long time.

On defense, I think there's going to be a lot of movement.
Who is the QB?

Do you mean a parasitical narcissist who likes to hear himself talk?
I feel sorry for brent, However I do not feel sorry about making the comment that he is actually attempting to charge 3.99 per month for SU insider sports privileges, like seriously yuk, there will be no insider info unless ADJW feels the need to get used. Put a lid on it as he would say and never subscribe, please consider donating to CUSE NIL initiatives. Very important. Go Cuse and thank you SUDAD, I could not resist, sorry

Villari didn't walk on Senior Day, did he?

Tells me he's not ready to graduate.

Which takes "Grad Transfer" off the table.
I know you know he’s a sophomore but what I mean is I think he may be eligible to transfer under NCAA rules because of the coaching change. I’m not clear on that though.

I know you know he’s a sophomore but what I mean is I think he may be eligible to transfer under NCAA rules because of the coaching change. I’m not clear on that though.

He is eligible to transfer, he just have to sit out unless he gets a waiver

Would you take TVD if it meant keeping Barron?
Still rather have Rogers.

Our defensive secondary is the worst unit on that side of the ball. Barron is solid in the run game but I’d rather have a record breaking SEC QB. Some of Barron’s on field shenanigans this year kind of was alarming to me as a captain.

Will Rogers put up crazy numbers under Leach because everyone puts up crazy numbers under Leach.

By the way, Brown got him to Waco despite offers from Alabama, Georgia, LSU, and home state school Arkansas.
Not really. His top 6 on May 20, 2017 were Miss. St., Arkansas, Louisville, Baylor, Ole Miss, and Georgia. Miss. St. took a QB 3 days later, Arkansas already had a QB commitment from 2016, Ole Miss took Matt Corral, Georgia took Justin Fields, so it kind of came down to Louisville and Baylor.

We need our oline upgraded I think or it won't matter which QB we bring in. We also need at least one reliable WR assuming OG comes back. If he doesn't we will need 2 WRs I think minimum.
Are we assuming that Jaime Tremble signs in this scenario as well?

So from the podcast it looks like he likes the 4-2-5 defense. If that is the case outside of QB getting DTs in the portal will be massive. We will need 2-3 of them. On the surface that seems like a position we need to upgrade and upgrade a lot if we are running that style of defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom