Well... Are we in our out? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Well... Are we in our out?

we're out because we're syracuse. If we were a mid major with the same resume we'd probably be in.

We needed a win away from home and we just couldn't get it today. If we hadn't played so horrifically in non-conference play, if just one or two of those losses were wins...

A year ago at this time, Syracuse was losing its ACC tournament opener to Pitt. Most of us dropped the Orange from the NCAA field at that point (and we all know what happened next...). These Orange have a better conference record and more Top 50 wins. FWIW.

A year ago at this time, Syracuse was losing its ACC tournament opener to Pitt. Most of us dropped the Orange from the NCAA field at that point (and we all know what happened next...). These Orange have a better conference record and more Top 50 wins. FWIW.

I still hate you Joe.

We also have more bad losses, a higher rpi, and less road wins, we are toast.

Think it's 50/50 at this point, that's probably good, didn't think we were in last year at this time.

Cooney misses a three for us to lose against Pitt, Gillon misses a three and we lose to Miami.

Hopefully come Sunday we get the same result as last year.

Depends on other teams. I think we're out as of right now. But if a bunch of teams lose and no favorites lose their tourneys...Ehhh

Out.

Reasons:
- No proof we can win against even decent competition away from home
- Bad losses are really bad
- RPI would be the worst ever to make the NCAAT, possibly 80+. We made history with 74 last season.
- SOS not good either

The only factor in our favor is elite level wins at home and more 'good' wins than practically any other team on the bubble with us. I don't think it will be enough for a team with 14 losses though.

The zero wins vs anyone valid on road or neutral is a killer to me. Last year we had Atlantis.

Out. Says a lot about how bad this team played at times when the overall landscape of college basketball is in the gutter.

If Syracuse gets in, it is because they are a brand name and can sell tickets if they find themselves in Buffalo. The bad losses to BC, Pitt, G'Town, St. John's and UConn are going to haunt this team. Losing four of their final six to end the year did them no favors. Had they beat Tech and Pitt on the road, they'd have finished 12-6. Even with bad losses and a poor record away from the Dome, it would be hard to turn them away.

Too early to say in my opinion. Need to see how many automatic bids get stolen and how many at large bids remain. I think the road record issue is being overstated right now since we are coming off of a loss 20 minutes ago. It's definitely an issue, but as JB has said, we only have one less road win than most of the other ACC schools.

I think as of now we are last four in, but with a few bid stealers we could be a play-in game or maybe even out.

Out. If Syracuse gets in, it is because they are a brand name and can sell tickets if they find themselves in Buffalo. The bad losses to BC, Pitt, G'Town, St. John's and UConn are going to haunt this team. Losing four of their final six to end the year did them no favors. Had they beat Tech and Pitt on the road, they'd have finished 12-6. Even with bad losses and a poor record away from the Dome, it would be hard to turn them away.

they didnt need to beat both tech and pitt on road, just 1 of them. 11-7 in acc would have been a lock.

It's been years but I still can't believe Lunardi gets paid for that kind of lazy and nonsensical analysis, especially when we have serious bracketologists on here who look at the data and crunch the numbers. Really, Joe, bids are graded against some objective standard that doesn't change from year to year? Even though the committee and the profile of all the other bubbles teams is different? So insightful. I guess in his world that's true. Even though hundreds of other bracketologists have emerged who are much better, he keeps his job because he had it last year.

It's going to be close. Their lack of wins away from the dome may keep them out. Was more confident last year that they would get in.

In the first four. You cannot compare last year's team to this year. The bubble is much weaker this year. I mean look at the teams we are competing against. Now, if there are bid stealers or anoher bubble team goes on a run, okay but if the tournament started today we would be in.

Last year we had some good non-conference wins on a neutral court, thats what got us in. We beat a ranked and dangerous Texas A&M team in the Bahamas. We can't point to any quality road wins this year. Yes, we have some very good wins but we have just as many bad losses.

We deserve our fate. The 3 losses to ex-BE teams we're all awful. We got blown out vs. every good team we played on the road. I loved AW3 and Battle this - everyone else I can take or leave. We made our bed.

...enter all the bracketologists who haven't looked at any of the bubble watch threads. Kneejerk anger + lack of rational logic = Oh Lord:bat:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuse13159

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom