Well... Are we in our out? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Well... Are we in our out?

The final 4's should speak as to "why"
Separate issues. Although obviously lots of overlap there are teams that don't match up on lists of resume versus potential to go on a run. The are always potentially dangerous P5 teams that don't deserve to be in because their resume sucks, even though they are proabably capable of winning an NCAA game or two. Particularly in the ACC.

For the second year in a row, I won't be hosting a selection Sunday party/2003 championship viewing. I fear every one will go home sad.

Out.

There will be a lot of aggrieved wailing here on Sunday night, but we have no one to blame but ourselves. Miracle wins are only why this is remotely debatable.

UConn
Georgetown
St. John's
BC
Pitt

Win 1 or 2 against that motley crew and we're likely in.

it comes down to what the other bubble teams do. One thing I will say on our behalf: Miami is a sh**load better than what most of these other bubble teams will draw early in their conference tourney's. Such is life in the ACC, which gives us something to hang our hat on. Do I think we deserve to be in? Nope. I think First Four is the best we can hope for, and that will depend on what happens over these next several long days. Getting tired of losing in the first freaking round of the ACC tourney. Only been three of them, but feels like 15.

Out.

There will be a lot of aggrieved wailing here on Sunday night, but we have no one to blame but ourselves. Miracle wins are only why this is remotely debatable.

UConn
Georgetown
St. John's
BC
Pitt

Win 1 or 2 against that motley crew and we're likely in.

yep, breaking in two grad transfers and two freshmen I know, but holy cow, SJU and BC were a total disgrace. the other three were bad too. We win the BC game alone, we are in, 11-7 in the ACC would be a lock.

Last year will count against us. I don't think two years in a row the committee wants to be getting grilled over why they always let Syracuse in.

Unfortunately that's my thought process as well. Really needed to win today. 0-3 in ACC tourney games, unbelievable.

Think it's 50/50 at this point, that's probably good, didn't think we were in last year at this time.

Cooney misses a three for us to lose against Pitt, Gillon misses a three and we lose to Miami.

Hopefully come Sunday we get the same result as last year.

Unfortunately Syracuse has a lot of enemies who don't want to play us, so I say 80/20. There is a thread of hope though.

I've resigned myself to the NIT. We need to be better going forward. You can't afford a crappy November and December in this conference.

Unfortunately that's my thought process as well. Really needed to win today. 0-3 in ACC tourney games, unbelievable.

Exactly. And it's going to be tough going forward to get people excited about the ACC tourney.

I'd say in as long as the other bubble teams don't go on runs in their conference tourneys.

However, I honestly am sick and tired of the direction of this program and maybe the NIT/JB retiring is a shot it needs to change course.

Don't know what our RPI was last year, but of the 15 or so bubble teams, ours is the worst
RPI isn't that important to the comm as for getting in. Seeding, yes.

Exactly. And it's going to be tough going forward to get people excited about the ACC tourney.

Agreed, this game felt like a carbon copy of the last two ACC tourney games. Maybe we will catch break but last year we had nearly every game go our way down the stretch in these conference tourney's probably to much to ask for that to happen again. People keep talking about the losses against the BE teams but if we could have just finished that Lville game a few weeks ago we would be sitting pretty. Dame it.

Here's why I say they're in.

Bubble is never good any year so I throw that argument out.

They make it for 3 reasons.

1. RPI Record: 8-9 vs the top 100, specifically 3-4 vs top 25. As the 75 RPI that is good. To compare: Tennessee is 72 and 1-5.

2. 10 wins in the brutal ACC

3. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Syracuse gets in because they sell tickets. Put Syracuse ANYWHERE in the bracket and they will sell tickets, ticket packages, and they are a TV draw. The tournament is a draw in itself but Syracuse draws higher than Illinois State.

We're in. See you guys in the play in game on Tuesday

I feel like this team is a play in team...they should be in but need to earn it. I feel like that is the spot for them. Give them a chance to make it to Thursday/Friday.

Bad time to ask that question after another "away" loss. Could go either way but this is an extremely frustrating team to watch. Yet another half that we failed to score and close out. Only two players really tried to score. Ran out of luck on last second shots. Would not be surprised to see us go NIT.

I'd say in as long as the other bubble teams don't go on runs in their conference tourneys.

However, I honestly am sick and tired of the direction of this program and maybe the NIT/JB retiring is a shot it needs to change course.
the thing that bothers me is that we seem to be afraid to recruit against other big boys. This was the fault of Louis Orr when he was here. Always looking for a diamond in the rough. Weaver came here and said this is Syracuse. We can recruit with anyone. that is what we have lost. We have recruited some good players the last couple of years. People that were better than where they were rated. And that is good. But this past year, there were some good players in our wheelhouse. And we didn't land any of them. Not acceptable. And we have a whole bunch of kids in our wheelhouse again this year and I am fearful that we are going to miss out again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom