We've got swag | Syracusefan.com

We've got swag

So much fun! We can’t forget it’s only Seattle and there will be a learning curve, but with Joe as our PG, fans will feel confident. If everyone stays, we could have a magnificent team next year.

But let’s not overlook THIS year!

Just one game, and it's against Seattle, but Joe brings a swagger to PG that we haven't had in a while.
That drive when the game was at 7 shows what a leader the kid is.

No...we got swag! You were right the first time below. :)

Girard reminds me of the guards Villanova has had that drives teams nuts. He comes up with every loose ball and doesn’t hesitate to get on the floor. He almost relishes contact. You can tell JB appreciates the way he plays because he doesn’t yell at him. That’s a sign of respect. He plays with confidence and has outstanding ball skills. You never expect him to miss when he shoots the ball.

Could you imagine if this kid chose Duke? Would have hurt more than Jimmer

Reminds me of guards they had in the 90's and maybe 2000's

Seems higher IQ than G.

how can you tell that?

There are a lot of similarities between the two. Girard is probably stronger and sturdier and looks to be a better deep shooter, as of right now. But the one thing Girard will have to show, and only time will tell, is if he is as clutch as GMac.

Girard reminds me of the guards Villanova has had that drives teams nuts. He comes up with every loose ball and doesn’t hesitate to get on the floor. He almost relishes contact. You can tell JB appreciates the way he plays because he doesn’t yell at him. That’s a sign of respect. He plays with confidence and has outstanding ball skills. You never expect him to miss when he shoots the ball.
ryan arcidiacono with a (much) better shot

how can you tell that?

There are a lot of similarities between the two. Girard is probably stronger and sturdier and looks to be a better deep shooter, as of right now. But the one thing Girard will have to show, and only time will tell, is if he is as clutch as GMac.
It's the intensity in his glare. He is the all-time leading scorer in the state of New York. How many unbelievable guys have played ball in New York for the last 100 years, a few I would venture. And he didn't do by being 7 feet tall and dunking on every possession against some 6'3" center out in smallville. He hit jump shots from all over the floor while being grabbed, bumped and harassed by every guy on the other team. He will end up as the all-time Orange leading scorer and maybe the ACC all-time.

It's the intensity in his glare. He is the all-time leading scorer in the state of New York. How many unbelievable guys have played ball in New York for the last 100 years, a few I would venture. And he didn't do by being 7 feet tall and dunking on every possession against some 6'3" center out in smallville. He hit jump shots from all over the floor while being grabbed, bumped and harassed by every guy on the other team. He will end up as the all-time Orange leading scorer and maybe the ACC all-time.
“The intensity of his glare.” Why, that’s poetry, man! :rolleyes:

I love it!

I see him as a combination of Jimmer-Iverson and DiGregorio.

I wish.

Gmac was an incredible competitor. He was named to numerous All league and Tournament teams and won a National Championship. He had the advantage of playing with some great talent. He was an Iron man who i dont think ever missed a game. Simply put Gmac was as good a player to wear Orange as there has been.
Joe is already a NYS legend. 50 pts per game is insane. I dont care the level of competition. Its simply unbelievable. His stroke is text book perfect. He gets his shot off quicker than Doc Holiday. He has beyond Pro 3 pt range. His handle and vision are almost as good as his shot. He is by all accounts and accomplishments a fierce competitor and leader. We were blessed to have Gmac and we are fortunate that Gerry landed Joe as i think he is going to have an amazing career as well.

Well done, kcsu! Why must we say either/or? BOTH are true. GMac was incredible for us, the stuff of legend. It is certainly possible Girard will also be the stuff of legend. If I were a betting woman, I would bet on it, but I don’t think anyone here would take that bet.

As Ceerqqq said in the Girard thread, Joe’s football quarterbacking has given him the ability to have vision and anticipation, two traits of a stellar point guard. We are in for quite the ride for the next (hopefully) four years.

I can definitely see some Bobby Hurley in his game...and yes I got a little vomit in the back of my throat as I wrote that
I loved Bobby Hurley! And god help me, I loved Christian Laettner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom