WE'VE WAITED LONG ENOUGH... | Syracusefan.com

WE'VE WAITED LONG ENOUGH...

Rocco

Watching you.
It has been a damn long time since we put the boots to WFVU in front of our rabid orange crowd in Orlando last December. We lost a few fan favorites and absolute warriors (Dungey, Slayton, etc) since then, but regenerated the cabinet with a fresh round of both early and summer enrollees. We finished last year as the 15th best team in the land, just 10 years after securing a seemingly perpetual spot in ESPN's embarrassing "Bottom 10". (Pound salt, Rutgers.) We start this season in the preseason Top 25, something not done since McNabb perfected the option under Coach P. Secondary is NASTY. Arguable the best DE combo in the country. Deep RB stable. First chapter of the Tommy DeVito story. Babers agreed to an extension. The Dome is getting a massive makeover. Season ticket sales are literally through the roof. The bandwagon fans are even back. The electricity surrounding this program is palpable.

The fans on this board are as loyal as they get. Sure, we all get pissed when these games don't go in our favor. But, through the thick and thin, we remain dedicated fans of this storied program. Last year's success was beyond refreshing and liberating. I personally enjoyed rubbing it in all of the haters' faces. The haters who constantly rail on us with "Cuse is a basketball school", "Syracuse still has a football program?" or "cannot believe you still have season tickets"... Now that we're winning again, don't be acting like you've been a fan all these years. Glad to have you back, though.

There is an incredible chance to make a splash in the collegiate football landscape this year. The opportunity lies directly in front of this Syracuse Football team. Last year was awesome, let's keep the upward trajectory going. Dino & Co have a monumental job keeping this team focused on the enemy of the week. It all begins tomorrow with taking care of business of the Liberty Flames, a relative wild card led by a slew of established and successful coaches. Nothing else matters besides getting to 1-0 by about 10 pm tomorrow night. Pointless to think about Maryland the following week, and entirely premature to drool about hosting Clemson 2 weeks out. Beat the tar out of Liberty, execute well, stay healthy and get your tails back to Syracuse ready to get back to work.

Off to chew on some broken glass, snort meth and punt the neighborhood cat.

All hail. LGO!

Absolutely! We have waited long enough. And it's been a more fun wait than any we have had in awhile.

It's time to BRING THE WOOD and lay it on some people!

44cuse

Absolutely! We have waited long enough. And it's been a more fun wait than any we have had in awhile.

44cuse

Waiting since mid 90’s. No better opportunity than now.

It has been a damn long time since we put the boots to WFVU in front of our rabid orange crowd in Orlando last December. We lost a few fan favorites and absolute warriors (Dungey, Slayton, etc) since then, but regenerated the cabinet with a fresh round of both early and summer enrollees. We finished last year as the 15th best team in the land, just 10 years after securing a seemingly perpetual spot in ESPN's embarrassing "Bottom 10". (Pound salt, Rutgers.) We start this season in the preseason Top 25, something not done since McNabb perfected the option under Coach P. Secondary is NASTY. Arguable the best DE combo in the country. Deep RB stable. First chapter of the Tommy DeVito story. Babers agreed to an extension. The Dome is getting a massive makeover. Season ticket sales are literally through the roof. The bandwagon fans are even back. The electricity surrounding this program is palpable.

The fans on this board are as loyal as they get. Sure, we all get pissed when these games don't go in our favor. But, through the thick and thin, we remain dedicated fans of this storied program. Last year's success was beyond refreshing and liberating. I personally enjoyed rubbing it in all of the haters' faces. The haters who constantly rail on us with "Cuse is a basketball school", "Syracuse still has a football program?" or "cannot believe you still have season tickets"... Now that we're winning again, don't be acting like you've been a fan all these years. Glad to have you back, though.

There is an incredible chance to make a splash in the collegiate football landscape this year. The opportunity lies directly in front of this Syracuse Football team. Last year was awesome, let's keep the upward trajectory going. Dino & Co have a monumental job keeping this team focused on the enemy of the week. It all begins tomorrow with taking care of business of the Liberty Flames, a relative wild card led by a slew of established and successful coaches. Nothing else matters besides getting to 1-0 by about 10 pm tomorrow night. Pointless to think about Maryland the following week, and entirely premature to drool about hosting Clemson 2 weeks out. Beat the tar out of Liberty, execute well, stay healthy and get your tails back to Syracuse ready to get back to work.

All hail. LGO!

View attachment 169196
Awesome

44cuse
I like cats...AND I am all in for laying wood...

Those two things kind of go hand in hand...

All hail. LGO!

View attachment 169196

you got me going my man!!! lets goooo!!!

I can not sit still. That's how freaking excited I am. I am going to watch the game with my 90 year old mom who has been a rabid Syracuse University Football Fan since the mid 1940's. She makes me die laughing because besides the actual game, she is excited to see the new uniforms. God bless her and our Syracuse Orange. Go Orange!!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom