What a Couple of Clemson Fans Thought of Their Syracuse Road Trips | Syracusefan.com

What a Couple of Clemson Fans Thought of Their Syracuse Road Trips

I noticed the one comment that said we will have seats in the lower deck and just back rests in the upper sections? Wonder where they got that info?

I noticed the one comment that said we will have seats in the lower deck and just back rests in the upper sections? Wonder where they got that info?
I don't know.

Might be they are jealous. If I remember right, Memorial Stadium has the same setup JMA has today. Aluminum benches. Backs on the lower level. Only benches on the upper level.

When JMA gets individual seats, it will be a vastly better place to watch a game than Memorial.

Better sight lines, seats far closer to the field, seats far more comfortable. AC instead of dealing with the sun, heat, cold and rain. And a center hung scoreboard Clemson can only dream about.

Props to their fans for supporting their team. They do a great job. Hoping we will match their percentage of empty seats for our home games in the coming years. I know we will match or exceed them in terms of sound.

I don't know.

Might be they are jealous. If I remember right, Memorial Stadium has the same setup JMA has today. Aluminum benches. Backs on the lower level. Only benches on the upper level.

When JMA gets individual seats, it will be a vastly better place to watch a game than Memorial.

Better sight lines, seats far closer to the field, seats far more comfortable. AC instead of dealing with the sun, heat, cold and rain. And a center hung scoreboard Clemson can only dream about.

Props to their fans for supporting their team. They do a great job. Hoping we will match their percentage of empty seats for our home games in the coming years. I know we will match or exceed them in terms of sound.
Now if we only had a lazy river... Maybe we could do something with the urinals.

I don't know.

Maybe this helps explain why Clempson “needs” even more money than any of their other conference partners.

Wading pool vs. our cool scoreboard.

I am always interested in what visiting fans think.

They liked the dome, liked the people and really liked the food in CNY.
I want to see what they would say after a loss.

When we got to our seats before the game Saturday there was a Clemson family sitting next to us…parents and grown kids with their own little kids wearing headphones. We were pleasant to them, talked about where they were from, and about their grandkids. All good except the oldest male was just plain rude, and wouldn’t engage in any conversation.
During the game we toned down our loudness a little out of respect. Maybe they did too. It was hard to tell. they had more to celebrate. When the game was over, we said goodbye and wished them safe travels. Now the older guy acted like he wanted to talk.

there were actually people in my row this week..2 made it until the end of quarter 1 but the other 2 lasted until after half time

I had a younger(mid-20s) Clemson couple sit behind us in 112. He was a complete dbag. His girlfriend had no idea what was going on, fine-but still annoying listening to him explain what a false start was 10x. But both of them for the entire game just completely trashed us. "I guess SU stands for sucks!" and she would repeat it 5 times. "They just keep shooting themselves in the foot! They are SO bad." "SU just needs to get the **** out of the ACC!" - I lost it and finally said something as we were leaving. Told him in my 25 years as a season ticket holder that he was by far the worst opposing fan I've ever met and "have a nice day a**hole". - Not my proudest moment but have some level of decency when you go to someone else's stadium/school.

I had a younger(mid-20s) Clemson couple sit behind us in 112. He was a complete dbag. His girlfriend had no idea what was going on, fine-but still annoying listening to him explain what a false start was 10x. But both of them for the entire game just completely trashed us. "I guess SU stands for sucks!" and she would repeat it 5 times. "They just keep shooting themselves in the foot! They are SO bad." "SU just needs to get the **** out of the ACC!" - I lost it and finally said something as we were leaving. Told him in my 25 years as a season ticket holder that he was by far the worst opposing fan I've ever met and "have a nice day a**hole". - Not my proudest moment but have some level of decency when you go to someone else's stadium/school.
Worst part of it all is the couple was probably from Auburn... Auburn, NY

"When the dome was named for Carrier (an HVAC company) there was no air conditioning. Now that the dome is named for JMA (a wireless company) there is no reception."

falcon-sam-wilson.gif

"When the dome was named for Carrier (an HVAC company) there was no air conditioning. Now that the dome is named for JMA (a wireless company) there is no reception."

falcon-sam-wilson.gif
If the PS article is correct, Clemson was the last game with the awful cell signals/performance, at least for Verizon customers.

We will see November 3rd.

“Athletics are the front porch of the university. It's not the most important room in the house, but it is the most visible." - Scott Barnes

As someone who has gone to a lot of Syracuse road games, I’m always cognizant of the fact I’m going to be viewed as a representative of Syracuse University by virtue of the jersey I’m wearing. There may be people whose opinion of Syracuse University is influenced for years by their interaction with me. So I’m always embarrassed for fans like the one you are talking about - it’s like they are dropping their drawers and taking a dump on their own front porch. And they are too clueless and lacking in self-awareness to realize that.

there were actually people in my row this week..2 made it until the end of quarter 1 but the other 2 lasted until after half time
That's crazy. I don't undsrstand putting forth the effort (or money) to go, just to leave so early.

They brought their own pro style benches, and 50 guys to help guys warm up
I noticed that too. Compared to the Pop Warner style benches we had on our sidelines it really made SU look bad. That said, I think it is really cool that SU plays the fight song of our opponent before every ACC home game as a sign of sportsmanship. That makes SU look good.

i always come back to this

when I see other team forums/fan-sites posted

i am thankful for syracusefandotcom. Thank you mods!!!!! I'll buy that hoodie I keep getting retargetted on via this site and remember to use that amazon link folks!!!

One of the ushers told us that last year at the ND game.

Wonder if they're the ones still telling that same story this year?

Well, if they think SU stands for sucks, then I think we all know what CU stands for.

Just wait until basketball season!