What a Couple of Clemson Fans Thought of Their Syracuse Road Trips | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What a Couple of Clemson Fans Thought of Their Syracuse Road Trips

I had a younger(mid-20s) Clemson couple sit behind us in 112. He was a complete dbag. His girlfriend had no idea what was going on, fine-but still annoying listening to him explain what a false start was 10x. But both of them for the entire game just completely trashed us. "I guess SU stands for sucks!" and she would repeat it 5 times. "They just keep shooting themselves in the foot! They are SO bad." "SU just needs to get the **** out of the ACC!" - I lost it and finally said something as we were leaving. Told him in my 25 years as a season ticket holder that he was by far the worst opposing fan I've ever met and "have a nice day a**hole". - Not my proudest moment but have some level of decency when you go to someone else's stadium/school.
We were back for the game in 2019. My wife made it a point to present a good face of SU fandom with the Clemson fans. She said "welcome to Syracuse" to a lot of them. My recollection is that she got a grunt from some and no response at all from the rest.

As a former member of The Manley Zoo, it isn't exactly in my DNA to be welcoming to the opposition, but my beloved wife was a much better person than me.

What I remember most was there were a couple of young, semi-drunk Clemson a-hole fans sitting several seats from us. My brother was in the latter stages of the prostate cancer that would claim him 6 months later and at one point he got up to get something. As he passed by the Clemson fans, one of them started trash talking to him. I was about to get up and do something that would have likely ended with me being in the ER, in jail, or perhaps both.

My baby brother, 66 years old, a shadow of his former self, never more than slender in the first place, and wasted from the cancer and radiation, was never one to back down. And he didn't back down then. He gave trash talk right back to the Clemson a-hole's face and the moron sat down.

I still smile with pride when I recall that.

Screw Clemson.

if you sit far enough back in the seat in the 300s your back rest is your neighbors shins!
Yea same here. Since tight up there especially waking down your own aisle

I am always interested in what visiting fans think.

They liked the dome, liked the people and really liked the food in CNY.

I've had good experiences with Clemson fans at the Dome. In 2013 a truck driver from there had a run to Syracuse and managed to get a ticket and SU had given up. He was a nice guy, very respectful. He recalled the '95 Gator Bowl when we blew them out. On this day the Tigers blew us out. He said it was because we had Donovan McNabb and Marvin Harrison in '95 and now they had Tajh Boyd and Sammy Watkins.

The problem is, we stopped getting the McNabbs and Harrisons and they didn't stop getting the Boyds and Watkins's.

We were back for the game in 2019.
I wasn’t at that game, but it just seems like it was a nightmare. The quasi-dangerous congestion in the concourses is basically my personal hell. I get claustrophobic easily.

I had a younger(mid-20s) Clemson couple sit behind us in 112. He was a complete dbag. His girlfriend had no idea what was going on, fine-but still annoying listening to him explain what a false start was 10x. But both of them for the entire game just completely trashed us. "I guess SU stands for sucks!" and she would repeat it 5 times. "They just keep shooting themselves in the foot! They are SO bad." "SU just needs to get the **** out of the ACC!" - I lost it and finally said something as we were leaving. Told him in my 25 years as a season ticket holder that he was by far the worst opposing fan I've ever met and "have a nice day a**hole". - Not my proudest moment but have some level of decency when you go to someone else's stadium/school.
Oh, I would have exploded on them much earlier than the end of the game. I wish that was behind me. *and I am not seeking confrontation but I cannot resist when it is right there*

I thought they were awfully complimentary in their thread. We seem to get along pretty well with Clemson fans, despite quite a number of close games in recent times. Of course, they've won all but one, but still, a very nice thread. You want visitors to enjoy visiting your city, and hope they have a good time.

Had to beat the crowd to the Dinosaur BBQ.
Limp Lizard is better IMO. The hellfire chili is like a little bowl of meat heaven. Dino is more fun, Limp is better food.

Limp Lizard is better IMO. The hellfire chili is like a little bowl of meat heaven. Dino is more fun, Limp is better food.
And so much easier to get to if you live outside the city.

I like when opposing fans from giant full stadiums comment on how the Dome is loud. It really is.

Imagine if there weren't 9,000 unsold tickets.
well we just removed 7000 of them in the next seating cycle.. so it wont be getting much louder than last game as it is.

well we just removed 7000 of them in the next seating cycle.. so it wont be getting much louder than last game as it is.
Stupid question: will the plastic seats absorb some noise and make it quieter.

sounds like a test for the physics dept to run in there before the seating change..

My opinion;

Metal reflects sound better than plastic.

Plastic reflects sound better then people.

People make more sound than plastic.

I think the decrease in capacity will drive higher attendance as more people will buy season tickets. The day is coming where if you don’t have seasons, you might get shut out of some games…

More seasons helps with demand on the resale as well. for football when you have 20K of decent seats to every game no on rushes out to buy. The value of the season on the open market is less.. even the last game if you remove the 7k we are close to a sell out and people who wanted to wait , wont wait as long as the market feeds itself..Just like Bball when it gets pretty full more people buy to get in..

Now the inverse is if the new tickets cause the market to crater as prices rise and instead of 25k of season we go to 15k.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom