What does the Big 12 do first? | Syracusefan.com

What does the Big 12 do first?

Chip

Creature of Bad Habits
Fire Bowlsby? Or add 2 teams/reinstate their conf championship game?

Or both?

Or both?

Not that they will, but they should be adding BYU and Cincinnati or Memphis

Add 2 teams but I'd also hire an investigative team to show the OSU game was fixed and this selection committee ignored the body of work and went by one game. A game that was a sham.

Add 2 teams but I'd also hire an investigative team to show the OSU game was fixed and this selection committee ignored the body of work and went by one game. A game that was a sham.

I find it pretty hard to believe that an entire coaching staff and team could throw a game.

But if they did, I also find it hard to believe that wouldn't be very quickly released. I doubt college kids and their twitter feeds start thinking about the non disclosure agreements they signed.

WVU board right now is a good read.
Wisconsin really did the job for the B1G.
Cincinnati and one of Memphis/Central Florida are about to kick UConn in the nutz even more.

Chip said:
I find it pretty hard to believe that an entire coaching staff and team could throw a game. But if they did, I also find it hard to believe that wouldn't be very quickly released. I doubt college kids and their twitter feeds start thinking about the non disclosure agreements they signed.

Players don't need to be in on anything. I've seen Wisconsin play, they are very very good. They aren't a team that will lose to an OSU 59-0 with their 3rd QB. Nobody will convince me of that. Too many millions involved. How much more money does the B10 now get?

Or both?
I just don't get what Bowlsby was trying to do with the split.

rrlbees said:
Players don't need to be in on anything. I've seen Wisconsin play, they are very very good. They aren't a team that will lose to an OSU 59-0 with their 3rd QB. Nobody will convince me of that. Too many millions involved. How much more money does the B10 now get?

How can the players not be in on it? They are the ones actually losing 59-0.

So, how did it begin. Who went to Wisconsin and said, you guys have to lose and lose bad? And Wisconsin just said, okay. How many people were in on it? And they all can keep a secret? Don't believe it for a second.

They need to add a championship game whether it is petitioning the NCAA, adding two teams, or just ignoring the NCAA and setting up a championship game and forcing the committee to make a decision on it.

I think they will add two teams, like USF/UCF and Cinci. Both have fertile recruiting grounds and encroach on other conference's territory. They both add to the numbers of their TV viewership. They will have to sacrifice revenue in order to do this because they cannot afford to be left out of playoffs.

I would have chosen Baylor to be in the playoffs but I am finding this to be hilarious. The Big12 board is in full meltdown. It is glorious. I hate that forum.

Big XII will move quickly to expand now. The committee clearly held it against them not having a championship game. Possibly BYU/Cincy/UCF? UConn just doesn't fit geographically and their football program is a mess.

It is only about 6 million, that is what each team (conference gets for having a team in the final 4). There is no additional money for moving on to the NCG. IMO $6 mil is not enough for a team to throw a game but whatever, it was just a matter of who gets a beat down from Bama.

The Championship series money goes to the conferences regardless if you have a team playing in the conference or not. P5 gets 71.5% and the remaining FBS schools get the other 28.5%. The Bowl contracts, Orange, Rose, etc still goes to their respective conferences.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...f-revenue-money-distribution-payouts/1762709/

"In a phone interview on the College Football Playoff Selection Show, Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby told ESPN's Rece Davis: "It's clear that we were penalized for not having a postseason championship game. It would have been nice to have been told that ahead of time."

Dope. Couldn't figure that one out?

They need to fire him.

Last edited:
In a phone interview on the College Football Playoff Selection Show, Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby told ESPN's Rece Davis: "It's clear that we were penalized for not having a postseason championship game. It would have been nice to have been told that ahead of time."

Dolt. Couldn't figure that one out?

They need to fire him.

They thought that they would have an easier road to the playoff without a CCG...too funny it completely backfired on them. I think they add BYU and Cincinnati next year and the calls are being made right now.

Or both?
The easiest path (and one that has been mentioned in print) would be to petition the NCAA for a waiver to allow them to set their own criteria for sponsoring a championship game, negating the 12-team rule.

This would be great for the ACC, because it would open the door to doing away with the divisions and setting up a championship match between the two best teams. This year, it probably would have been FSU vs GTech. Last year, FSU vs Clemson. It also would allow something like the proposed 3-5-5 model, which would get every team into every venue at least once in each 4-year cycle.

The easiest path (and one that has been mentioned in print) would be to petition the NCAA for a waiver to allow them to set their own criteria for sponsoring a championship game, negating the 12-team rule.

This would be great for the ACC, because it would open the door to doing away with the divisions and setting up a championship match between the two best teams. This year, it probably would have been FSU vs GTech. Last year, FSU vs Clemson. It also would allow something like the proposed 3-5-5 model, which would get every team into every venue at least once in each 4-year cycle.

NCAA has shot down everyone that has petitioned in the past. What would make this any different? They did not want a CCG, that was the reason why they didn't add any more teams. They were worried about a CCG hurting their chances to get into the playoff, that and they did not want to split their TV pie with another 2 teams that possibly did not bring as much value as the others.

So, how did it begin. Who went to Wisconsin and said, you guys have to lose and lose bad? And Wisconsin just said, okay. How many people were in on it? And they all can keep a secret? Don't believe it for a second.

images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom