What I expect at this point… | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

What I expect at this point…

How many coaches has Louisville had since Pitino was fired?
That’s Louisville; that’s your only example? Plus Pitino has won at every program he’s headed up. Present real evidence for that blanket statement!

JB announces RETIREMENT before the portal opens.

Red is quickly named successor.
Basically what I heard last week as well with my since retired 'rumblings' thread.

Wish I knew more about why Red over GMac and retaining Autry. Not expressing a preference, just wondering why.

However, if I do express a preference, it would be to add 1-2 true big men coaches to the staff.

Basically what I heard last week as well with my since retired 'rumblings' thread.

Wish I knew more about why Red over GMac and retaining Autry. Not expressing a preference, just wondering why.

However, if I do express a preference, it would be to add 1-2 true big men coaches to the staff.
The big men coaching thing is weird. Has Edwards not improved under Griff?

I think a bench coach and elite recruiter are much more important.

The big men coaching thing is weird. Has Edwards not improved under Griff?

I think a bench coach and elite recruiter are much more important.
I do not think it is weird at all.

Edwards is 3rd team all ACC in the body of a 2nd team AA.

He is terribly inconsistent and does practically nothing against anyone with muscle.

Love the kid, but he makes so many fundamental mistakes with his positioning, footwork, & where he holds the ball.

He is terribly inconsistent and does practically nothing against anyone with muscle.

Love the kid, but he makes so many fundamental mistakes with his positioning, footwork, & where he holds the ball.
Counter point - Jesse was never suppose to be this good and all of his development was under Griff

I would argue he does a lot right fundamentally compared to bigs these days. Most are not nearly as consistent with keeping the ball high, taking good angles or shot blocking. He has plenty of areas for improvement , including strength but had we gotten consistent forward play and not been so reliant on he and Joe...

Counter point - Jesse was never suppose to be this good and all of his development was under Griff
He is a quite athletic senior who does not have a good back to the basket game, good footwork and brings the ball too low.

Griff, seems like a great guy, a good coach, and was an amazing guard. Just not sure I see in him evidence of being the 2nd coming of great big man coaches.

Edwards being an overachiever, vs Edwards being an unrealized talent is just such an interesting and unsolvable dichotomy.

Translation: "He reads our board".
Honestly IF a decision has been made... they should announce it at some point so everyone knows that whenever Syracuse loses, its much much much more than the end of a season for the team. It's the end of a the line for a guy who played a LARGE role in making college hoops what it is today.

It was an all hands on deck team effort at that point. Red played a large part in helping close the deal. His relationship with Benny and respect in the area AAU programs was a major factor.

If what Judah says matter, he credits his relationship with coach red as reason he came to cuse. Said that first in the below video which is recent.

He is a quite athletic senior who does not have a good back to the basket game, good footwork and brings the ball too low.

Griff, seems like a great guy, a good coach, and was an amazing guard. Just not sure I see in him evidence of being the 2nd coming of great big man coaches.

Edwards being an overachiever, vs Edwards being an unrealized talent is just such an interesting and unsolvable dichotomy.

LOL WUT?? Are you even watching the same games as the rest of us??

If anything - Jesse is one of the best Bigs we have EVER had, in terms of NOT bringing the ball down.

(counterpoint - DaJuan Coleman was the undisputed master of the "power dribble... that gets stolen" move)

Jesse came in as a complete and utter project.
Like sooo many other Bigs we've had, who never panned out.

He earned all ACC honors overall, and on D.
And avoided fouling out more often than not.

Griff doesn't get *any* credit for any of that?? :rolleyes:

Do we want Mr. Bubble? When I think of him I think of watching sports center and him vouching for his team to get in.

I guess if it’s truly Red you give him free reign to bring in “his guys” but forgive my ignorance, is Greenberg the guy to give us a recruiting boost?

No, he would be the bench coach. Red would need an AAU guy from Philly / Baltimore / DC, in my opinion for recruiting.

LOL WUT?? Are you even watching the same games as the rest of us??

If anything - Jesse is one of the best Bigs we have EVER had, in terms of NOT bringing the ball down.

(counterpoint - DaJuan Coleman was the undisputed master of the "power dribble... that gets stolen" move)

Jesse came in as a complete and utter project.
Like sooo many other Bigs we've had, who never panned out.

He earned all ACC honors overall, and on D.
And avoided fouling out more often than not.

Griff doesn't get *any* credit for any of that?? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I agree with that.

Jesse keeps the ball high.

So the working theory is that as soon as Hop left JB stopped trying to recruit.

Hop's last year, HE stopped trying to recruit, and Boeheim didn't even notice.

Around this time was the famous photo of Boeheim sleeping at a basketball game with mouth agape.

Boeheim only would travel to New England to see prep schools that played against Buddy. That's where our recruits came from almost exclusively after Mike left.

Curious to know how or if this will affect Weitsman and his NIL money? If Jimmy is done after the Wake game, then will Weitsman still support the program? I hope so but it’s pretty clear that Adam and Jim have a tight relationship.

Who has Weitsman gotten for us so far? How could we tell the difference?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom