What I expect at this point… | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

What I expect at this point…

In what setting/context? As for well known... I'd argue it's not based on reading the board.
Bet I can find others here to support it. It’s been brought up in other circles.

I'm not challenging it's accuracy just saying it's not well known. I've never seen it posted here or heard it discussed which is why I was asking for context. Not everything is a disagreement lol.
Well, I’ve heard it discussed. Not here but in other SU social media outlets.

Well, I’ve heard it discussed. Not here but in other SU social media outlets.

Ok so are you meaning he would be awkward with the media and community or he would fail to connect with kids and their families and would struggle to lead?

Red doesn’t carry a room well. Kind of well known.
Oh great. The person that gets the job is going to have to work to get the community support the program and school deserve. It's not a given. Autry as an asst/associate coach is a total unknown to me. I don't think I have ever heard him speak. In 12 years. Gerry already has the fans & community behind him. He's the reason there were 24,590 fans there Saturday. If Gerry can coach it's a mistake not choosing him.

Red doesn’t carry a room well. Kind of well known.
W..t..f…. Isn’t that kind of a minimum requirement of a head coach… at any level?

Oh great. The person that gets the job is going to have to work to get the community support the program and school deserve. It's not a given. Autry as an asst/associate coach is a total unknown to me. I don't think I have ever heard him speak. In 12 years. Gerry already has the fans & community behind him. He's the reason there were 24,590 fans there Saturday. If Gerry can coach it's a mistake not choosing him.
Gerry can’t recruit. This job is about coaching not fundraising

Nobody is going to have to work to get community support. It’s already there.

Warrick and the rest of the title team had something to do with that attendance too.

Nevermind who you guys have a bigger man crush on, has nothing to do with coaching.

And so it begins.
Its fascinating watching the dissection of Red start to play out...especially in relation to GMac.
It was always assumed that if we hired from within, Red would be the guy. Suddenly, one good speech on Senior Day and GMac is the new heir apparent? Not buying it.
My thinking has evolved to where I'd prefer an outside hire, but I always recognized that would be unlikely. It's the last vestige of JB's legacy and would cause too much disruption to the program.
So...Red it is.
As for GMac- if he has HC coaching chops, then he'll likely find his way back home. Either way, we finally move on

And so it begins.
It fascinating watching the dissection of Red start to play out...especially in relation to GMac.
It was always assumed that if we hired from within, Red would be the guy. Suddenly, one good speech on Senior Day and GMac is the new heir apparent? Not buying it.
My thinking has evolved to where I'd prefer an outside hire, but I always recognized that would be unlikely. It's the last vestige of JB's legacy and would cause too much disruption to the program.
So...Red it is.
As for GMac- if he has HC coaching chops, then he'll likely find his way back home. Either way, we finally move on
I think the main “disconnect” is Gerry was such a fan favorite and a part of iconic teams (national champ, 2 big east tourney teams) that it’s hard for most fans to keep that separate.

Also, for those of us on the younger side we have no recollection of Red as a player and GMac was our introduction to the program.

Looking forward to getting to know him better. Let’s hope he’s here for a long time.

I think the main “disconnect” is Gerry was such a fan favorite and a part of iconic teams (national champ, 2 big east tourney teams) that it’s hard for most fans to keep that separate.

Also, for those of us on the younger side we have no recollection of Red as a player and GMac was our introduction to the program.

Looking forward to getting to know him better. Let’s hope he’s here for a long time.
This is so sad that people don't remember how big of a star Autry was... in his senior year, Autry was the teams best player. No offense to GMAC but Autry (in my opinion) was the much better player.

This is so sad that people don't remember how big of a star Autry was... in his senior year, Autry was the teams best player. No offense to GMAC but Autry (in my opinion) was the much better player.
Not even the same hemisphere .

Both 4 year starters. GMac better early on, Autry better by senior year.

GMac would’ve been better if he played the 2….next to a PG like Autry, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom