What I Learned Today | Syracusefan.com

What I Learned Today

Terrell Hunt is 6'3", 235.

Well, I learned that you have to finish drives to win games. We didn't and they did. I did think that Shafer got too emotional and shouldn't have gone for it on that 4th and 6. If the FG was the right call at the end of the first half, then it still was on the first drive of the second half. Scott went all in too soon. You don't do that after a procedure penalty turns 4th and 1 into 4th and 6.

Well, I learned that you have to finish drives to win games. We didn't and they did. I did think that Shafer got too emotional and shouldn't have gone for it on that 4th and 6. If the FG was the right call at the end of the first half, then it still was on the first drive of the second half. Scott went all in too soon. You don't do that after a procedure penalty turns 4th and 1 into 4th and 6.
FG was the wrong call at the end of the first half, and going for it on 4th was the right call on 4th and 6.

FG was the wrong call at the end of the first half, and going for it on 4th was the right call on 4th and 6.

I felt like the game was over after the failed 4th and 6. I would have taken the 3 points to get you back within 2 touchdowns with almost 25 minutes to play.

I felt like the game was over after the failed 4th and 6. I would have taken the 3 points to get you back within 2 touchdowns with almost 25 minutes to play.

I think the problem wasn't that Shafer went for it on 4th and 6 because he felt he had to do it to get back in the game. It's that he went for it because he felt Hunt had a better chance at 6 yards than Norton had of making a kick. No matter how you slice it, being down 18 is three scores. If you get the FG you are only down 2. But like every other drive today penalties backed us up and stalled us out.

Exactly. After the penalty, it was a 49 yd attempt and even though Murphy had hit one, it was a better call to go.

I learned that there would be a point in time I would leave a game before the end.

Sad day today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom