What is our ceiling | Syracusefan.com

What is our ceiling

upperdeck

Living Legend
I can see 6 wins,, which makes 7 doable, but is 8 the ceiling?

What would it take to get more than that?

the Offense scoring 10 more pts a game?
the Defense allowing 10 less per game?

Dungey playing all 13 games

2 WR getting close to 100
3 WR getting 1000

A RB getting over 1000? 1500?

I think ceiling this year is 8-9. Beat everyone besides FSU, Clemson, and upset either Louisville or Miami.

8 reg, 9 with bowl

I can see 7-5 and then 8-5 with bowl.

My guess is we finish 6-6 and get to a bowl.

I can see 6 wins,, which makes 7 doable, but is 8 the ceiling?

What would it take to get more than that?

the Offense scoring 10 more pts a game?
the Defense allowing 10 less per game?

Dungey playing all 13 games

2 WR getting close to 100
3 WR getting 1000

A RB getting over 1000? 1500?

I'm watching our ability to stop the big play on O and our run game. Those 2 things go from bad to ok, or even good and I think 7-8 wins + a bowl.

Louisville or NC State losing a QB to injury (not wishing harm) and we might steal one on the road.

It's not a drop ceiling anymore, and I have pictures to prove it.

I'll go 8 in the regular season and 9 with a bowl win.

That includes the 5 I think we should win: the first 3, Wake, and BC; the one we have a good shot at but I wouldn't consider a "should" yet: Pitt; and two that are unlikely: NC State and Miami.

Seven wins is more than we can hope for ... Losing our top wide receiver and having some questions on the D and O lines means not being able to unleash the power of a fully operational Babers squad.

Also, I am conditioned since abou 2002 to set expectations no higher than .500. Which is great against this year's schedule and something to build on in what looks to be an amazing 2018 season.

Seven wins is more than we can hope for ... Losing our top wide receiver and having some questions on the D and O lines means not being able to unleash the power of a fully operational Babers squad.

Also, I am conditioned since abou 2002 to set expectations no higher than .500. Which is great against this year's schedule and something to build on in what looks to be an amazing 2018 season.
I say it every year, but if I can let the season ride, or have 6 and 6 and a bowl appearance, I'd take 6 and 6 and the bowl. We're seeing what the staff can do recruiting coming off a losing season. Start going to bowls and it'll take off.

I do think in the near future I'll start getting greedy though.

8...I see most predictions have Pitt as a loss. I think Pitt takes a major step back after losing Peterman, Conner, and most importantly Matt Canada.

This is spot on. I'm not sure they figured out how to stop our offense at all last year. (We couldn't stop them either - but if they take some steps back on O?)

I think we'll be better on O by a lot.

Might be a better chance in 2017 -- when we have Pitt, BC and Wake in the Dome, and a ton of returning starters. Not discounting that we have some questions (every team does), but we have a lot of veterans and promise for this season.

The 2018 schedule flips those winnable games to away games, and the ACC games at home are tough. Plus, we lose our top two WRs, and our starting LB unit, and the 3 grad transfers that are bolstering this year's defense.

We lose the first game and win out missing the playoff due to losing to cc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom