Class of 2016 - What position do we need next? | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 What position do we need next?

Alsacs

Living Legend
Coach Babers has killed it this weekend, I mean this guy has just hit a grand slam with this weekend's visiting kids.

We got 3 DE, a pair of WRs, and several OL commits and a RB. What position do we need now?

Last edited by a moderator:
QB depth, another DL, LB, 1-2 WR and one more OL/CB.

Only if they're the right fits. Take a full class if you're getting the guys you're after.

I'll go with the best lock down CB we can find. Deep threat WR to open the field, and another QB to fit Baber's system.

Last edited:
My order is
CB
DT
WR
Only take a QB if they are a true fit

Other than that take the best players left on the board regardless of position

I'll go with the best locked down CB we can find. Deep threat WR to open the field, and another QB to fit Baber's system.

IMO A traditional "lock down" corner isn't as important in a cover 2 scheme. We just got a 6-3 track star to open the field. I agree with QB.

I think we need 1-2 WR's slot or outside doesn't matter. Need an influx of talent and speed for this position.
I think we need to bring in another QB.
Maybe another LB. (could happen today)
Maybe another OL - Reese
Maybe another DL - White or Beesley

Otherwise I think this class is checking all the boxes with high quality recruits.

So we are at 20 right now I believe we will try and fill the class with 25. So that leaves 5 more spots...

LB
DL
QB or Reese
WR
WR

Last edited:
No QB's have visited and none are scheduled to.

Assuming we have 5 or 6 ships to give:

DE Jerrion Nelson
WR DeVaughn Cooper
OL Stewart Reese
RB Adrian Killins
LB Tim Walton
DB Armunz Matthews

(I'll believe Shaw is a RB when I see it. Bring in Killins)

Maybe Hunt is going to be granted 1 more year. I could see Dino liking him and feeling that gives more depth for 2016. Maybe he would start him. Just a rationale as to why he is not putting a QB in the must get catagory.

Humm! A couple of things, and again just my humble opinion. I see a few ppl mention QB as an option for the spots available,...but we did have one committed to us in Lindsey Scott. I know the whole height thing has been beaten to death but was that truly a detriment in his case? Was it perhaps just not a good fit scheme wise?...idk, it is just a bit of a head scratcher to imagine that an athlete like him will not be considered. (Also Modster not working out)
Second thing, Jerrion Nelson to me seems to have the physical tools to be effective out of the prospects left. I mean no knock on Beesley or White (who's tape I like) I just wonder why we haven't heard much about him.

WR ( )
WR ( )
DL (Jerrion Nelson)
OL (Stewart Reese)
LB (Walton/Hart)

Again just my humble opinion/two cents...

Maybe Hunt is going to be granted 1 more year. I could see Dino liking him and feeling that gives more depth for 2016. Maybe he would start him. Just a rationale as to why he is not putting a QB in the must get catagory.
No inside info, I just suspect the thought is that going forward they'll be able to get guys they really like at QB, so they are going to roll the dice this recruiting class that Culpepper is enough and go hard after other prospects for 2017 and 2018.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom