What sports can you watch 2 random teams and enjoy the game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What sports can you watch 2 random teams and enjoy the game

Their is no reason baseball can't be played faster. I am okay with OBP and Moneyball but games take to damn long. I can't spend 3 hours plus everyday for something that has so much dead time.
Runs are down and length of games is going up that will kill baseball. The average age of baseball viewer is 53 the oldest of any sport.

Their is no reason baseball can't be played faster. I am okay with OBP and Moneyball but games take to damn long. I can't spend 3 hours plus everyday for something that has so much dead time.
Runs are down and length of games is going up that will kill baseball. The average age of baseball viewer is 53 the oldest of any sport.
Plus there's no contact. Young Americans love contact. (Please spare me home plate collisions). The best pitchers all need Tommy Johns at some point and who are the stars? Little kids want to be Lebron, KD, Melo, Manning, Brady, AP, Calvin Johnson not Mike Trout and Prince Fielder. IMO, baseball is golf where they throw the ball at you. I'm hoping soccer steps up because a contact filled 3-2 game played in 2 hours is WAY better than a no contact 3-2 game played in 3 hours with a million commercial breaks and pitchers just chillin on the mound like noone has a life.

Alsacs said:
I can't spend 3 hours plus everyday for something that has so much dead time.
The NFL has far more dead time. #ExtrapointCommercialKickoffCommercial #InjuryorReplayEveryTwoPlays

The NFL has far more dead time. #ExtrapointCommercialKickoffCommercial #InjuryorReplayEveryTwoPlays
Football games have far more action, scoring is up as well while baseball is seeing length of games increasing and offense going down. How many freaking times does Larry Rothchild need to walk out to the mound each game or catchers going to the mound or batters walking out of the box. Baseball has TV money for now but their audience is old and the game is not appealing to the youth of this country. Baseball's national TV ratings are horrible compared to the other sports.

Play stops constantly in football. Momentum is interrupted by injuries, reviews, and television timeouts. At least with baseball, one knows that commercials only happen between innings and pitching changes. I think there are plenty of valid arguments for football over baseball, but amount of action is not one of them.

Last edited:
Any football, CBB for the most part, some NBA - mostly playoffs, soccer depending on how much intrigue there is (I watched like 75% of all games in the WC so that's on the rise), MLB occasionally, but that's probably the hardest, though I watch 100+ Mets games a year.

I stumbled onto an aussie football game on espn3 and was truly mesmerized. Its american football without the 300 lb lineman, helmets/pads, huddles and constant commercial breaks. The crowds for all of those sports are intense as well.
You must be a youngster. :)

Back in the day, this was one of ESPN's featured sports.
I enjoyed it back then. Perhaps I'll give it another look.

You must be a youngster. :)

Back in the day, this was one of ESPN's featured sports.
I enjoyed it back then. Perhaps I'll give it another look.
Footy! Seemed to keep ESPN afloat in the early years.

Anyway, to answer the question, NFL, college hoops, college, FB, college lax.

I miss this:

ESPN helped kill it by doing a lot of the same things. The rise of college basketball also hurt it because the gap between football and baseball was when it was most watched. It showed that there are a lot of other sports out there than can be interesting and it was fun just watching an event and not caring who wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom