what was cooney thinking!!!!! | Syracusefan.com

what was cooney thinking!!!!!

We got so lucky on that one. Gotta be smart there.

We also got lucky i think in the sense that Mike had 4 fouls and couldn't afford to give one when Allen was driving that lead to the miss.

We got so lucky on that one. Gotta be smart there.

We also got lucky i think in the sense that Mike had 4 fouls and couldn't afford to give one when Allen was driving that lead to the miss.

I thought Allen traveled anyway on that.

I nearly fainted. The refs could easily could have called that a shooting foul with like 1 second left and awarded 3 free throws. In fact you expect that in Cameron. Not a well played last 12 seconds by us with G choking at the line missing the front end, MR missing 1 of 2, and then that near disaster foul. BUT alls well that ends well. GREAT WIN. Our resume needed that.

I nearly fainted. The refs could easily could have called that a shooting foul with like 1 second left and awarded 3 free throws. In fact you expect that in Cameron. Not a well played last 12 seconds by us with G choking at the line missing the front end, MR missing 1 of 2, and then that near disaster foul. BUT alls well that ends well. GREAT WIN. Our resume needed that.

We won the game. Who cares enjoy it.

I loved the no call vs Mali just before he got fouled. He slammed IMO a dookie and no call. Duke went nuts. I hope Duke feels like they got hosed. They'll know how 100 other teams have felt.

Thank you Mr. Roberson. I've been a fan of his forever and keep reading how bad he is. Yes, he has very limited range but when he comes to play, there is no better rebounder in the league. Something to complain about? How about making Plumlee look like an All-American. He can't walk and chew gum at the same time. I don't expect Lydon to stop him but Coleman was invisible tonight. But a great win which was really needed.

I thought the refs called a pretty good game. Let them play
EDIT: I wasn't happy with the call on G just before half. Put him on the bench for the last 2 minutes. It was a bad call

Ghost said:
Allen and Plumlee seemed to get away with a few travels each (well, Plumlee not as much, but pretty sure he was standing with one foot out of bounds before that one basket).

I counted at least 3 times Plumtree stepped out of bounds on the baseline

I counted at least 3 times Plumtree stepped out of bounds on the baseline

Since he's "willingly" going out of bounds before posting up, shouldn't those all be called turnovers on the catch anyway? Regardless of whether or not he has re-established himself in play.

Isn't that what we keep getting called for?

We had a foul to give but dont give it up with 1 second left with duke on the other side of half court!!!!! My god, that could have easily been a 3 shot foul. Wow, just brutal, thank god refs swallowed the whistle

I agree. That was close. But then again, from the refs angle maybe it was not as close as it looked. Sometimes they jump near a player who is shooting.

Allen and Plumlee seemed to get away with a few travels each (well, Plumlee not as much, but pretty sure he was standing with one foot out of bounds before that one basket).
The Ref wasn't paying attention to the end line .. Plumley stepped on it about 2-3 times. He had a great game, but played mostly against a freshman forward. Very happy to have been wrong about my prediction on this game. Roberson's rebounding was ridiculous.

I loved the no call vs Mali just before he got fouled. He slammed IMO a dookie and no call. Duke went nuts. I hope Duke feels like they got hosed. They'll know how 100 other teams have felt.

#13 totally overacted on that one and that's why the ref didn't blow the whistle. But it was close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom