what was cooney thinking!!!!! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

what was cooney thinking!!!!!

Hey we gad 4 fouls with a minute to go, for all the bitching about the stripes earlier today...

Liked the miss, doesn't give Dook a chance to set up a play.

I was hoping we would miss it on purpose, luckily our lack of Ft shooting ability took care of that nicely. I think you have to miss intentionally there if some Duke guy can bury a three quarters court 3 with 2.4 seconds left then they deserve the win.

I can't believe the Duke guard never got a cheap one on Lydon for flopping on the picks Lydon was setting up.

I love that as soon as any of our players noticed a flop they went right to the basket.

And thankfully Roberson wasn't injured when he came down awkwardly on his layup after Plumlee flopped when Gbinije drove and dished. He landed funny and could've been hurt. Flopping should be a technical foul. So sick of it.

And thankfully Roberson wasn't injured when he came down awkwardly on his layup after Plumlee flopped when Gbinije drove and dished. He landed funny and could've been hurt. Flopping should be a technical foul. So sick of it.
I think that should have been a foul on Plumlee's, for sure.

Said the same thing in the game thread - G barely touched him (if at all) and he lays himself down under the rim to fake a foul. Roberson could have twisted an ankle or knee coming down - because he's faking a foul that results in him lying down in the lane. That crap is garbage. I wish they could eject the idiot for that crap.

Lots of geek tears were shed tonight in that shitbox of a gym.
3877758.jpg

OMG that was one of the most pathetic garbage flops you'll ever see. I mean his brother took a famous dive vs Baylor which was instrumental in their 2010 run so it's not surprising. The kid also fouled like 8 times in the 1st half.

OMG that was one of the most pathetic garbage flops you'll ever see. I mean his brother took a famous dive vs Baylor which was instrumental in their 2010 run so it's not surprising. The kid also fouled like 8 times in the 1st half.

Yup. Hopefully that flop gets the "Paulus treatment" like the video of Paulus falling down while being a solid foot away from any contact happening. He deserves to be embarrassed for that crap. Something needs to be done about this crap, preferably before someone blows out their ACL.

If you think the image of the coach with the exploding jacket didn't play a role in swallowing the whistle, then I got a bridge in Brooklyn.

Just listened to the radio call at the end. Matt Park actually called a foul at the end and then changed it when the refs swallowed the whistle.

Did their center travel about a minute earlier? Looked like it to me.
Yes, but it wasn't as obvious as allen's travel a few plays before.

He's a good player, but he got away with a step there.

The one that really got me up 8 3:30 to go we get a stop have the ball and malachi shoots a transition three with like 20 left in the clock. Roberson rebound and Lydon shoots a immediete three on the kickout just misses. We could have taken another 40 off the clock there. Duke comes down nails a three to make it a 5 point game with just under 3.
I was screaming don't shoot on both of those.

For those who hate stall ball, and pound it inside dribble basketball thats why it is so great.
Outside of that I didn't mind anything down the stretch minus the missed freethrows.
We really played a hard fought game, and totally overcame the major major mismatch plumlee had.

The one that really got me up 8 3:30 to go we get a stop have the ball and malachi shoots a transition three with like 20 left in the clock. Roberson rebound and Lydon shoots a immediete three on the kickout just misses. We could have taken another 40 off the clock there. Duke comes down nails a three to make it a 5 point game with just under 3.

For those who hate stall ball, and pound it inside dribble basketball thats why it is so great.
Outside of that I didn't mind anything down the stretch minus the missed freethrows.
We really played a hard fought game, and totally overcame the major major mismatch plumlee had.

To be fair the way it's generally gone with stall ball is we barely survive - often in the Dome - and when someone is critical somebody else quotes a high Win % in games we lead by 8+ w/ 5minutes left (as if that's proof of anything) and declares it successful.

Each case is different. There are times I've thought stalling had merit.With the shot clock being a bit shorter, and with Dook being a smart enough team to pressure & up the tempo in that spot, and with endgame FT's never realistically going to be a strength with G as a primary ballhandler, and with how impossible it is to finish a game @Gimmick Indoor with the refs I got no problem going for the throat in that spot.

I was cool with the Lydon 3 because it was a better shot than Mali's and we had already taken some clock off.

Sometimes you still have to play ball and press a bit when given the opp.

Since he's "willingly" going out of bounds before posting up, shouldn't those all be called turnovers on the catch anyway? Regardless of whether or not he has re-established himself in play.

Isn't that what we keep getting called for?

If he stepped out of bounds yes, but he didn't. I rewound and rewatched at least 3 different plays looking for that when I thought he had a foot out of bounds. From watching the rewinds he was never out of bounds. The closest he came looked like it was "possible" that he had a heel on the line one time.....but even then I couldn't say for sure that he did.

I was hoping we would miss it on purpose, luckily our lack of Ft shooting ability took care of that nicely. I think you have to miss intentionally there if some Duke guy can bury a three quarters court 3 with 2.4 seconds left then they deserve the win.

I don't know? How much time was left on Allen's near make before the half?

That was a little different; they had a time out to set a play from the baseline and had Allen pick up speed as he caught it as opposed to snatching a rebound and having to head upcourt.

CusefanATL said:
wasn't a foul and even if it were, certainly not shooting foul and we had fouls to give so who cares? YouTube Video

Yea we had a foul to give but there was 1 second left, u know the duke guy is gonna heave it up, its way too risky to reach in there while the dookie is about to heave it. Cooney was too aggressive there, we're talking about duke at cameron, nobody would have been surprised if refs called a 3 shot foul there.

Besides theres no reason to foul there anyway even if its before the shot. You give duke a chance to set up some kind of out of bounds play that might result in a decent shot instead of a hail mary from beyond half court. Just dumb any way u look at it but he got away with it.

Yea we had a foul to give but there was 1 second left, u know the duke guy is gonna heave it up, its way too risky to reach in there while the dookie is about to heave it. Cooney was too aggressive there, we're talking about duke at cameron, nobody would have been surprised if refs called a 3 shot foul there.

Besides theres no reason to foul there anyway even if its before the shot. You give duke a chance to set up some kind of out of bounds play that might result in a decent shot instead of a hail mary from beyond half court. Just dumb any way u look at it but he got away with it.

Should have taken the charge. No doubt the refs would have no idea what to do with that since they love blowing the whistle for charges in Cameron.

So when Duke loses they got Excuses...

Two years ago it was Rak who supposedly fouled Hood on the Dunk attempt.

Time for them to get over it.

pfister1 said:

I think allen had 3 seconds and the end of game was 2.1.

And for the record there is no way malachi should miss that on purpose. Pretty sure he was trying to make it anyway. If you have a chance to go up 3 and guarantee u cant lose u take it. Maybe if theres less than a second left u miss cuz theres no time to do anything, but even still crazy things can happen, give me the guaranteed 3 pt lead every time. Look at what happened with the miss, there was almost a disastrous foul by cooney.

Remember the duke butler championship game? Cant remember how much time was left but duke was in exact same situation as last nite. Up 2, 1 ft left, k tells his guy to miss on purpose and butler rims out on a half court shot at buzzer. Almost cost duke a championship. Go up 3, guarantee u cant lose and take your chances.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom