What's the best IU message board? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What's the best IU message board?

Southerland - their only shooter, when he gets hot, he gets HOT. don't let him open.
Christmas - Post threat, pretty good, don't think he's the main option though.
Triche- talented, very good guard, not that great of a shooter, but don't give him to much room.
Williams - stud, he can do it all but he can get cold quick. just don't let him get to cozy..

That was their breakdown. Does that make sense to anyone?

I've learned that we play a 1-3-1, lol.
I've learned thay Triche will struggle against their quick guard. Do they realize its not m2m.
I've learned that Hulls, and Yogi will destriy us by penetrating into our zone. Yes that happenes soooo often with small guards against us.

My worry is our front line getting into foul trouble and them pounding the offensive glass and hurting us their. Also Watford, Zeller and Sheehe (spl) can all probably hit that FT jumper. That being said Creen struggled agoint our 2-3 the two times he faced us in the BE. Granted Marq was far less talented than this IU team but also our zone was no where near as good back then.
Cal, Montana, IU, or whoever we play always seem to know how to beat the zone (well, their fans), they always think its as simple as "just penetrate and kick to the shooters!"

I love their comment that Crean has accomplished so much more at Indiana than Marquette.

Really? Marquette made a final 4.

Southerland - their only shooter, when he gets hot, he gets HOT. don't let him open.
Triche- talented, very good guard, not that great of a shooter, but don't give him to much room.
Williams - stud, he can do it all but he can get cold quick. just don't let him get to cozy..

Is this for real?

Maybe we can make one of their players cry. Keep the streak alive. I gotta tell you I'm feeling oddly confident. After watching them today they look remarkably beatable. They think because their pg played zone in hs that equates to being able to break down ours. sometimes you just get a gut feeling as a fan. I'm feeling confident about a W.

Read one thread where they want that hobbit kid to guard Dirty. Umm, if James could catch and shoot it could be a fun night. Though I don't think even Tom Crean is that stupid.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Is the poster an English major at IU?

Maybe we can make one of their players cry. Keep the streak alive. I gotta tell you I'm feeling oddly confident. After watching them today they look remarkably beatable. They think because their pg played zone in hs that equates to being able to break down ours. sometimes you just get a gut feeling as a fan. I'm feeling confident about a W.
That and Zeller might be the most overrated center I've seen in 10+ years.

my favorite:

JFox225

3 star recruit
  • photo-thumb-876.jpg
  • Members
  • bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
  • 548 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
Posted Today, 05:19 PM
What are they so arrogant about? Syracuse is in the middle of hilljack country in NY.

Totally makes sense, Fair barely plays anyway.

I hope this is from the assistant tasked with scouting syracuse.

What kills me is their secret to beating the zone is to hit 3's. I hope they've been practicing shooting from half court...

IU fans really show their ignorance of Syracuse basketball over there. Makes me feel all the better about the game because of their lack of knowledge of our 2-3 zone and how to beat it. I thought it was particularly funny that one of the posters said that their PG played 2-3 zone exclusively in high school so he should have no trouble knowing how to beat SU's zone...lmao

I loved how some clown "acts" like he's lived in Manhattan. "I swear, there were more IU fans than Syracuse fans"... Oh really? Ok, I will personally invite you to the next Syracuse game at MSG. I've spent the past 10 years of my life in and around Manhattan until I just recently moved to Atlanta and I can count on one hand the amount of Indiana gear I've seen.

I love the guy who says NYC has more IU fans than Syracuse fans because he lived in manhattan for a year after graduating college. Every major school has a presence here, but come on!

IU fans really show their ignorance of Syracuse basketball over there. Makes me feel all the better about the game because of their lack of knowledge of our 2-3 zone and how to beat it. I thought it was particularly funny that one of the posters said that their PG played 2-3 zone exclusively in high school so he should have no trouble knowing how to beat SU's zone...lmao
Saw that one too, it was hysterical.

Well, the posters won't be coaching (unfortunately), but it's obvious most of those guys over there haven't seen us play.

my favorite:

JFox225

3 star recruit
  • photo-thumb-876.jpg
  • Members
  • bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
  • 548 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

What are they so arrogant about? Syracuse is in the middle of hilljack country in NY.
dafuq is hilljack country? Btw, I have been to Indiana... if it burnt to the ground I doubt I could tell the difference.

I was thinking that a team would have success playing their zone like you were playing a 1-3-1. I am no basketball expert, but it seems teams have success when they get to the free throw line with a big. I hope they can correct me on this, if untrue.
Well guys, they cracked how to beat the zone. No point in even showing up on Thursday.

my favorite:

JFox225

3 star recruit

• photo-thumb-876.jpg
  • Members
  • bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
  • 548 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

I think they are complaining about the jokes being made in Indiana in this thread. It's funny though, because when you look at this thread, they talk about not getting cable until the late-80s/90s:

http://indiana.R-WORD.com/showmsg.asp?fid=726&mid=186453297&sid=942&tid=186452080&style=1

(also check on the "HUH?" response -- first time seeing Indiana on TV was '87)

Replace R-WORD with the unthinkable sports media site...