When JB retires... | Syracusefan.com

When JB retires...

burn all his notes and remove the letter Z from every keyboard.

trick question. JB is never going to retire. 100 years from now, jb will still be the coach

trick question. JB is never going to retire. 100 years from now, jb will still be the coach

I don't think Hopkins would play man out of respect to JB. I think we would have to wait for the coach after Hopkins before we switched to man.

I don't think Hopkins would play man out of respect to JB. I think we would have to wait for the coach after Hopkins before we switched to man.

Plus Hop has never played or coached man-to-man at the college level.

hop would use both

hop would use both

I agree 100% with this. I think Hop will take a page out of the 1980's - early 90's JB playbook and switich between the 2 over the course of each game.

If Hopkins wants to keep his job, and respect of pretty much anyone, he will need to be his own man. He strikes me as someone who will play whatever D wins games, and draws the types of recruits that win championships.

the only thing hop needs to do is find a capable recruiter to take his spot... unless he still wants to log all those hours on the road.

the only thing hop needs to do is find a capable recruiter to take his spot... unless he still wants to log all those hours on the road.

How bout he have a veteran former head coach on the bench with him, Like maybe Tim Welsh

If Hop knows what is good for him he will keep the SU Zone brand going. It will be an additional tie for him with the SU/JB past. Right now the SU team represents a much larger base than just Syracuse, it encompasses a huge portion of upstate NY. JB developed this increased fan base by being an upstate guy and constantly winning (along with no other D1 program around).

When JB goes, the upstate guy who stayed and succeeded goes. If you additionally switch out of the famous zone you lose another identifier. If you then throw a losing season in there, you may lose the former Upstaters who cared.

I seriously hope Hop does not try anything other than the famous zone.

If Hop knows what is good for him he will keep the SU Zone brand going. It will be an additional tie for him with the SU/JB past. Right now the SU team represents a much larger base than just Syracuse, it encompasses a huge portion of upstate NY. JB developed this increased fan base by being an upstate guy and constantly winning (along with no other D1 program around).

When JB goes, the upstate guy who stayed and succeeded goes. If you additionally switch out of the famous zone you lose another identifier. If you then throw a losing season in there, you may lose the former Upstaters who cared.

I seriously hope Hop does not try anything other than the famous zone.

This is why Hopkins will only play zone out of respect to JB

Hop will likely try to use both, but whether he sticks with them both will depend on the talent. Current recruits seem to be partly selected for their ability to play zone, which may not translate to being good at MtM. So, the recruiting may need to change.

Wow. Does this mean you believe Hop should retain the zone?

Plus Hop has never played or coached man-to-man at the college level.
Bull. They plated man when he was here. The practice man every day

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Do we know for SURE that Hop's going to still be next in line?

Wasn't there something that came out a year or two ago that questioned that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom