When was the last time... | Syracusefan.com

When was the last time...

CaptainJ

Disembodied?
...the board had 2 offseason MELTDOWNS in the same day? (I may not be a board historian[more of a board sociologist who enjoys parenthetical speech{which according to some should halt my pursuit of writing endeavors}] but I learned that word on a former incarnation of this board, and find it's lack of being cherished a bit offputting).

Anyhow, I am seriously curious if folks with better memories than my own can list a few. Lists seem popular here now. I have found today's epic production to be amusing, albeit a bit frustrating. It's interesting to note who participates, and who is selective.

Also, I want to call "weaksauce"(another term I learned here) on the thread locking. I don't question the sincerity, but after that I feel a little less anxious about the inflation of my own ego. lol Am I the only one who sees the humor in it?

Anyhow, can anyone remember 2 offseason meltdowns on the same day like this?

just catching up on the internet after a day of real life

2nd melt?

I was referring to Coyle and one of the Mali threads where llandz wasn't as secretive as others and actually told what she'd heard. BTW, I give her props for that instead of the bait we're normally fed("I know something, but I'm not goint to tell you, just tell you that I know and watch 20 pages of speculation"). The stuff she shared is generally reserved for the payside(darkside, IMO) lol.

I was referring to Coyle and one of the Mali threads where llandz wasn't as secretive as others and actually told what she'd heard. BTW, I give her props for that instead of the bait we're normally fed("I know something, but I'm not goint to tell you, just tell you that I know and watch 20 pages of speculation"). That stuff is generally reserved for the payside(darkside, IMO) lol.

the Mali thread(s) are a lot of premature ethreadulation, and started before today

truth be told, he shouldn't (and hopefully hasn't) made up his mind yet and should keep all avenues open until the NBA feedback process is complete...unless he pulled a Dion/Fab move and stopped going to class a while ago so there's no other choice but the beat up "he gone". I hope that's not the case, otherwise
weaksauce.gif

the Mali thread(s) are a lot of premature ethreadulation, and started before today

truth be told, he shouldn't (and hopefully hasn't) made up his mind yet and should keep all avenues open until the NBA feedback process is complete...unless he pulled a Dion/Fab move and stopped going to class a while ago so there's no other choice but the beat up "he gone". I hope that's not the case, otherwise
weaksauce.gif

I wouldn't call the Malachi thread a meltdown, because nothing has happened, its just rumors, when/if he hires an agent, then I think you will get a minor meltdown, since most people here think hes gone.

I wouldn't call the Malachi thread a meltdown, because nothing has happened, its just rumors, when/if he hires an agent, then I think you will get a minor meltdown, since most people here think hes gone.

if he gone, he gone. we wish him the best and deal with a lesser projected team next year

based on the good captain's thread, I was expecting that hami, quade, TT and the Turk all committed to GTown, Dungey decided to play for the CFL next year and/or UNC isn't getting punished for decades of institutionally sponsored academic fraud

weaksauce.gif

You're an intelligent poster whom I imagine has led an interesting life, but when we have threads predicated with a should/shouldnt, it's asking for trouble? No? And ha, I had no idea there was a weaksauce emoticon!!(or is it emoji now?)

If it isn't a true meltdown, we need a new term for 10 or so pages of that nature!

if he gone, he gone. we wish him the best and deal with a lesser projected team next year

based on the good captain's thread, I was expecting that hami, quade, TT and the Turk all committed to GTown, Dungey decided to play for the CFL next year and/or UNC isn't getting punished for decades of institutionally sponsored academic fraud

Maybe I'm having a premonition and just dont know it yet? Seriously, I think what we witnessed needs a new name if you feel meltdown isn't justified!

...and/or maybe I am just having meltdown withdrawal?

Maybe I'm having a premonition and just dont know it yet? Seriously, I think what we witnessed needs a new name if you feel meltdown isn't justified!

...and/or maybe I am just having meltdown withdrawal?
I'd call it a preemptive meltdown, and it's becoming a board specialty.

I was referring to Coyle and one of the Mali threads where llandz wasn't as secretive as others and actually told what she'd heard. BTW, I give her props for that instead of the bait we're normally fed("I know something, but I'm not goint to tell you, just tell you that I know and watch 20 pages of speculation"). The stuff she shared is generally reserved for the payside(darkside, IMO) lol.
What
...the board had 2 offseason MELTDOWNS in the same day? (I may not be a board historian[more of a board sociologist who enjoys parenthetical speech{which according to some should halt my pursuit of writing endeavors}] but I learned that word on a former incarnation of this board, and find it's lack of being cherished a bit offputting).

Anyhow, I am seriously curious if folks with better memories than my own can list a few. Lists seem popular here now. I have found today's epic production to be amusing, albeit a bit frustrating. It's interesting to note who participates, and who is selective.

Also, I want to call "weaksauce"(another term I learned here) on the thread locking. I don't question the sincerity, but after that I feel a little less anxious about the inflation of my own ego. lol Am I the only one who sees the humor in it?

I used to melt down twice a day in the 90s, me and SU%%. BTw, what is the "pay side"

What

I used to melt down twice a day in the 90s, me and SU%%. BTw, what is the "pay side"

I'll let someone else answer both of those(unless they don't). For now I will just paraphrase the movie, The Matrix: Nobody can be told what the payside is, you have to see it for yourself. I think it is a variant of SWC75's The upside/downside, and my later parody the backside(tm), but it has been whispered about for ages on here. I think it also may be related to The Great Pumpkin on Charlie Brown specials, but not the Saranac ale named after it. By chance, I happened to wear a t-shirt celebrating said ale yesterday. I was also photographed in said t-shirt while promoting a lemonade sold in healthier grocery stores nationwide, so my identity may be breached at some point.

Pumpkin-Back-2014-440x600.jpg

That doesn't help
There is a syracusefan.com site where members pay. You may or may not have to be invited. I suspect the pay side of this website helps support the non-pay side, but I could be wrong and often am. The people on the pay side are more "in" with SU sports and sometimes know stuff the regular side doesn't know. Or - they know it first.

There is a syracusefan.com site where members pay. You may or may not have to be invited. I suspect the pay side of this website helps support the non-pay side, but I could be wrong and often am. The people on the pay side are more "in" with SU sports and sometimes know stuff the regular side doesn't know. Or - they know it first.
You should probably forget about receiving an invitation any time soon. You were under serious consideration before that unfortunate post. Or so I heard.

I vote CaptainJ's title be changed from "All American" to "Board Sociologist" because it's a great title!

I never heard of this dark side of the site.

I'd call it a preemptive meltdown, and it's becoming a board specialty.

The NBA drafts on potential. The board is just following the NBA lead for meltdown initiation.

lol! I wonder if this was what Al Gore envisioned when he was inventing the internet? That artwork needs a title!

This is exactly what he envisioned that's the scary part!

This is most unfortunate for you. In so many ways.

bilderberg-Network.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom