When will Chris Bleich receive an NCAA waiver? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

When will Chris Bleich receive an NCAA waiver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t wait for the coming board meltdown

Might be an unpopular view here, but I generally support the NCAA warts and all. Some of their rulings are very uneven, to say the least, however I think that in the absence of the NCAA it would be the wild wild West out there. Everyone would be a hired gun and accountability and probity would be almost nonexistent. If it’s even possible, the rich would get richer. We need the NCAA, perhaps in a reformed but still as an independent institution. Somebody’s got to police this thing and coaches need to look over their shoulders and know there is a deterrent factor. They kind of do now.

I’m pleased there can be no refutation or disagreement with this post. Might as well lock it up.

Might be an unpopular view here, but I generally support the NCAA warts and all. Some of their rulings are very uneven, to say the least, however I think that in the absence of the NCAA it would be the wild wild West out there. Everyone would be a hired gun and accountability and probity would be almost nonexistent. If it’s even possible, the rich would get richer. We need the NCAA, perhaps in a reformed but still as an independent institutioi n. Somebody’s got to police this thing and coaches need to look over their shoulders and know there is a deterrent factor. They kind of do now.

I’m pleased there can be no refutation or disagreement with this post. Might as well lock it up.
It's the wild wild west WITH NCAA oversight.

Corrupt, ineffectual governance, hypocrisy riddled enforcement, led by a buffoon (Emmett).

That is pretty disturbing. Similar circumstance to Bleich. OL who transferred to a school a lot closer to his hometown. Should be a no brainer.

I wonder how much the NCAA takes into account how the program that is losing the player handles the situation? If they strongly support immediate eligibility, is that a big factor?

The NCAA needs to be transparent here. They need to explain what the criteria are that they are using, and why they are approving some and not approving others. The days of decisions made in smoke filled rooms with no explanation provided are over. The NCAA has to explain how and why it is doing everything it does from this point forward. They are on not so secret probation for repeated mistakes and cannot be trusted to do anything properly.

Please get rid of that clown trying to run the organization. Enough is enough.

That is pretty disturbing. Similar circumstance to Bleich. OL who transferred to a school a lot closer to his hometown. Should be a no brainer.

I wonder how much the NCAA takes into account how the program that is losing the player handles the situation? If they strongly support immediate eligibility, is that a big factor?

The NCAA needs to be transparent here. They need to explain what the criteria are that they are using, and why they are approving some and not approving others. The days of decisions made in smoke filled rooms with no explanation provided are over. The NCAA has to explain how and why it is doing everything it does from this point forward. They are on not so secret probation for repeated mistakes and cannot be trusted to do anything properly.

From what I have read, if the school losing the player supports the transfer, it is supposed to factor in. But who the heck knows?

The factor that is in play here that is not in play with Bleich (and IMO, the driving factor to this waiver getting denied the first time around) is the intra-conference transfer (Georgia to Tennessee).

The factor that is in play here that is not in play with Bleich (and IMO, the driving factor to this waiver getting denied the first time around) is the intra-conference transfer (Georgia to Tennessee).
That has nothing to do with the NCAA. Unless of course UGA has influence over the NCAA on decisions that could adversely affect them. That’s a much bigger problem, amongst many.

That has nothing to do with the NCAA. Unless of course UGA has influence over the NCAA on decisions that could adversely affect them. That’s a much bigger problem, amongst many.
If you think there is no difference between an intra-conference transfer, and one that is not, you are crazy. The NCAA would in the first case have to overide a conference rule, which they would be very reluctant to do, especially if it was not okayed by the school that is left.

I can't seem to find it but if I think I remember seeing where Babers or Wildhack were talking about the submission of waivers to the NCAA. They said they like to have the student athlete fill out the waiver and submit themselves (as opposed to school lawyers). If this is true then I can see why players at SU might have their waivers denied. Younger people, especially if they don't have a lawyer involved, will likely provide emotional reasons they think they should be allowed the waiver (which are valid) whereas lawyers will cite legal reasons why the waiver should be granted. Citing legal examples for precedence will always give your waiver more grounds to have the waiver granted.

Not saying this is the case here, but could explain why.

Great article by mccalster on the complete ineptitude of the ncaa. First with the handling of the pandemic and then with the issue on waivers.

So now that AG is good to go on the hoops side, I expect will hear news on Bleich in time for the 2023 season.

We can rest fairly assured that he’ll be eligible for 2023. :p

big david bowie guy
0DF801C9-4031-4026-B36C-DF22DD765FBF.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online