When will Chris Bleich receive an NCAA waiver? | Syracusefan.com

When will Chris Bleich receive an NCAA waiver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great news -- this guy would be an outstanding plug-and-play to replace the lone departure [Adams] on the OL. Was encouraged by the play of the line the last four games after the lineup changes were made -- unlike last year, it would be nice to head into next season with a pre-established group that could build chemistry / consistency.

He's submitting it now? I wonder why he didn't months ago

He enrolled in mid-January. These things take time to submit, and you need a bunch of paperwork and documentation from former schools, potentially high school, and if it's a hardship waiver, proof of that hardship. It's not an online form where you put your name and social security number. Takes time.

There is plenty of time between now and the start of the football season. If there is one.

He enrolled in mid-January. These things take time to submit, and you need a bunch of paperwork and documentation from former schools, potentially high school, and if it's a hardship waiver, proof of that hardship. It's not an online form where you put your name and social security number. Takes time.

There is plenty of time between now and the start of the football season. If there is one.

Yeah not to mention it's been a challenge to find humans who are working right now.

He's submitting it now? I wonder why he didn't months ago
I would guess that it's being done and submitted as soon as it could be. I would also bet that there is a staff member who is responsible for guiding the players through the process.

I truly can’t imagine how much paperwork that must be. Even in 2004 when I signed my NLI, the amount of ncaa and clearinghouse stuff literally took me 2 days of nonstop work. Sun up to sundown Nothing was digital. All handwritten. Was in shock at the process and over sh—show it truly was. I can’t imagine it being easier being a transfer applying for a waiver where they are actually making a decision on a young man. Worst organization in the world

One of the scenarios talked about is playing the season during the spring semester. If that happens, he is immediately eligible since he enrolled at SU in January. No waiver needed.

Honestly cannot rationalize using the pandemic to rationalize NOT acting now. If anything I would think it's a reason to act immediately to support the concerns and interests of the student athlete. The only aspect to this that makes any sense would be a scenario where some schools play in the fall and others don't. I've raised this before but I see a risk that programs shut down for a year while others play would be irreparably harmed by transfers.

Now, if I understand correctly, the one time waiver would have helped, but that's a blanket policy. Bleich applied for a hardship waiver, which might still be on the table, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom