When will next batch of commits come? | Syracusefan.com

When will next batch of commits come?

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
We have one commitment, the fewest of any school in the ACC. Granted we have fewer available this year (at this point), but should we be concerned?

Plenty of schools in the same situation. Scan through the list of schools and look at their commit count, lots of them are still in the 1-4 range. Camp season is upon us and I think schools are really utilizing them this year with the earlier signing day so that they absolutely get the guys that they want.

It almost doesn't make sense that schools are playing it slower with the earlier signing day but I truly think that they are.

We have one commitment, the fewest of any school in the ACC. Granted we have fewer available this year (at this point), but should we be concerned?

I'll worry if and when we have 1 commitment on signing day.

I think the general consensus is that we're being really picky and can afford to be with he class being smaller.
On the other hand, I don't recall SU ever having extended this number of offers at this point.

btw Pitt is in the ACC

The early signing period is throwing things off. Kids are visiting and committing earlier and earlier now a days. I wouldn't worry right now.

We seem behind and unfocused. Reported offers out the wazzu (all over the place) with little known traction. Lost our Director of Recruiting Operations. Recruiting is in a tough spot. We have a pretty young roster so early playing time isnt really a selling point. At the same time we havent won enough to have any real cache with recruits or their coaches. The flame out last November looms large. Just one man's subjective opinion/perception.

Syracuse fans worried and complaining about the number of commitments in May. lather rinse repeat.

Unfocused? We had more high quality visitors in the spring than I can ever remember in my life.

I don't think people are used to recruiting a high caliber athlete. Kids who actually take their time and take their visits. This type of kid is not in a rush.

We've recently been named in some top 5's by REALLY good players. Top 5's that consist of schools like Miami. A few kids have also pushed back announcement dates.

Enjoy the ride

Last edited:
We seem behind and unfocused. Reported offers out the wazzu (all over the place) with little known traction. Lost our Director of Recruiting Operations. Recruiting is in a tough spot. We have a pretty young roster so early playing time isnt really a selling point. At the same time we havent won enough to have any real cache with recruits or their coaches. The flame out last November looms large. Just one man's subjective opinion/perception.

There's traction and no substantive proof of being "unfocused" lol

according to ESPN and the Crystal ball site, we had the 8th best class out of 14 in the ACC for this season. Considering we have been the 14th best program out of 14 (based on the last four years as the only ACC team to miss out on a bowl every year), I would say Babers and staff know what the hell they are doing. The November flame out that you constantly bring up was pretty clearly the result of having no quality depth at QB and many other positions, that's what happens when you inherit a roster full of Shafer stiffs who should never have been on a P5 roster, we can still sell immediate playing time, we aren't Alabama. Recruiting is not unfocused, we have added Texas thanks to Martin, which is a great thing, and we still are focusing heavily on Florida, the Northeast and the Midwest. Besides all this, i completely agree with your post ;)

There's traction and no substantive proof of being "unfocused" lol
Agree. The staff had a ton of offers out early for this class, moreso than for any of its' previous classes here. I think gbo is right. The early signing period has changed dynamics for football recruiting. Syracuse tends to go after a lot of really good players the top programs will not offer early, but might if the first team AA they want most does not come. We are in great shape with a lot of excellent players, but they are waiting for the cream of the crop to finish making decisions before they are willing to pull the trigger.

A lot of the top players are deciding earlier than they used to, which puts players in the second tier in a tough spot. Do they grab the offer from the program that liked them first but maybe isn't a national power, or wait a bit longer to see if their dream school comes through? Before the early signing period, the second tier players could verbal to their safety school early and wait until the relatively late signing period to see if something better presented itself. If they verbal now to their safety school, their chances of getting one of those last slots from the national power drop big time.

They know there is a spot at Syracuse, and schools like Syracuse waiting for them if they delay things for a while longer. I think as the big power schools fill out their classes, these players will see the writing on the wall and start committing. The SU coaches are playing a somewhat dangerous waiting game, sticking to the offers they have made to their A list players and not moving on to their B list options. I think the school camps will break the jam and start a rapid fire series of verbals.

Pitt has zero commits if one is to believe the site I am using as a source (Scoot). I would be delighted if Pitt still had zero commits come signing day but I am not expecting it any more than I think we'll still be holding onto just Courtney Jackson.

On the other hand, I don't recall SU ever having extended this number of offers at this point.

I'm not sure about that... But I'd bet that the offers out are all top of the board guys for us.

according to ESPN and the Crystal ball site, we had the 8th best class out of 14 in the ACC for this season. Considering we have been the 14th best program out of 14 (based on the last four years as the only ACC team to miss out on a bowl every year), I would say Babers and staff know what the hell they are doing. The November flame out that you constantly bring up was pretty clearly the result of having no quality depth at QB and many other positions, that's what happens when you inherit a roster full of Shafer stiffs who should never have been on a P5 roster, we can still sell immediate playing time, we aren't Alabama. Recruiting is not unfocused, we have added Texas thanks to Martin, which is a great thing, and we still are focusing heavily on Florida, the Northeast and the Midwest. Besides all this, i completely agree with your post ;)

Having a good class last year and being behind and/or unfocused this year are not mutually exclusive. They've had a full year to evaluate and recruit 19s. Whatever the reasons were, November last year was terrible, and did a lot to spoil the good will of the victory over Clemson. I didnt realize i was known for trumpeting that though. Maybe you have me confused with someone else? ;)

Anybody know of a 5 star recuit that committed today.My buddy just called and said he caught the tail end of a message on the news but didn't catch the facts.

Anybody know of a 5 star recuit that committed today.My buddy just called and said he caught the tail end of a message on the news but didn't catch the facts.
I've seen nothing all day and The Google produced nothing.

Zacch Pickens, 5* SDE from SC committed to SC today.

Tyler Johnson, 5* OT, committed to Texas as well.

Sorry guys but I have been at the lake for a few days and the new forum didn't like my dumb, smart phone.

I wouldn't be worried about the number of commitments. A lot of kids will probably start taking visits and OVs next month when HS is over. Also there are two new coaches on staff who may be looking for different things/skills in recruitts than the coaches they replaced...look at all the new offers for 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom