Where Are We From/Fan History. | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Where Are We From/Fan History.

BUMP...any others want to come out of the woodwork and share your story??

Born in 80'. Raised in Liverpool and living in DeWitt now..possibly moving soon to Bville. College sports are all that truly matter to me. Do i go to the occasional NFL and NBA game? Sure...but the NBA hasn't been worth a damn since they stopped playing defense after Jordan retired. Cuse fball, hoops and lax are my lifeblood outside of family and friends. I started getting into Cuse soccer in the last few years as well, and this is a hell of a time to be a fan of the futbol club. I moved to Boston for a couple years and still made every home game even during the Grob years...but never officially unpacked the whole time i lived there because i knew Syracuse was HOME. I am the young version of Boeheim in the case that i believe Syracuse is just as great as Hawaii, and yes i take alot of crap for it but ill fight you to the death over it. Bleeding Orange since birth, and now raising a few more lifers to fight the good fight.

Syracuse is great between April & October...

Otherwise... Sybericuse

Born in 80'. Raised in Liverpool and living in DeWitt now..possibly moving soon to Bville. College sports are all that truly matter to me. Do i go to the occasional NFL and NBA game? Sure...but the NBA hasn't been worth a damn since they stopped playing defense after Jordan retired. Cuse fball, hoops and lax are my lifeblood outside of family and friends. I started getting into Cuse soccer in the last few years as well, and this is a hell of a time to be a fan of the futbol club. I moved to Boston for a couple years and still made every home game even during the Grob years...but never officially unpacked the whole time i lived there because i knew Syracuse was HOME. I am the young version of Boeheim in the case that i believe Syracuse is just as great as Hawaii, and yes i take alot of crap for it but ill fight you to the death over it. Bleeding Orange since birth, and now raising a few more lifers to fight the good fight.

Mantonio! What's your story?! Did you participate in this thread?

I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends, and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi

The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

The name's Francis Soyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you. And I don't like nobody touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. Also, I don't like nobody touching me. Now, any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.

The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.
I feel like the last line is something you'd actually say, in real life.

4evaOrange said:
The name's Francis Soyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you. And I don't like nobody touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. Also, I don't like nobody touching me. Now, any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.

Lighten up francis

My name's Dewey Oxburger. My friends call me Ox. You might have noticed that, uh, I've got a slight weight problem. Yeah, yeah I do. Yeah, I do. I went to this doctor. Well, he told me I swallow a lot of aggression... along with a lot of pizzas! Ha Ha Ha! Pizzas!

I'm basically a shy person, I'm a shy guy. Uh, he suggested taking one these uh, aggression training courses. You know these aggression training courses like EST, those type of things. Anyway, it cost 400 bucks! 400 bucks to join this thing? Well I didn't have the money and I thought to myself, "Join the army"! It's free. So I figured while I'm here I'll lose a few pounds. And you got what, a 6 to 8 week training program here? A real tough one. Which is perfect for me. I'm going to walk out of here a Lean, Mean, Fightin' Machine!

Bump...let's get some more stories out here as the season's fast approaching!

no its not.

the Orange are 4-4 and on a bye.

It is because we're on the Syracuse BASKETBALL BOARD. I didn't post this on the football board.

Chill out.

Nov 1 can't come soon enough.

I think I've posted this before but...new season...

I live in Wilmington NC now, but from Lockport NY.
Went to UB, but an Orange fan since freshman in HS. I had missed the Final Four game in '87 because we were at Disney World driving home. I remember being so happy during the day on Monday. Well we just spent a week in Disney and who doesn't love Disney AND the Orangemen were in the National Championship GAME!! How cool was that.

Then I cried the rest of the week...

Ok. Let's help this thread get going again.

Here's my story. I was born and raised in New York City(one of the 5 boroughs). I'm well past 30 now but have been a Syracuse fan since I was 7. Both of my older sisters attended Syracuse, as did their husbands whom they both met while attending. I remember taking many trips up to the campus every year for about seven years for parents day weekends and other random visits. I was just getting into sports at my young age and seeing both basketball and football games at the Dome was incredible. (Especially during the McNabb years in FB) I attended a division 3 school and am not a Cuse alum, but from all the time I spent there as a kid, I feel like part of the family.

I've bled orange for many years now and am probably a much bigger fan than my family members who attended the university. Before I got married, I even took a road trip in the dead of winter to see a Cuse bball game as part of my bachelor party festivities. I still visit every so often and attend some games, but make sure to get to most of the games at Barclays and MSG.

Born and raised in Baldwinsville, NY but currently live in Charlotte, NC. Been here about 2.5 years. My fandom started as a kid. Dad took me to the Tennessee game in 1998. From there, I was hooked. Eventually got season tickets in 2003. Went to the Final Four that year and again in 2013.

I have too many stories about Syracuse University Athletics, but they are a huge part of my life. I will soon be getting the old Syracuse logo tattooed across my collar bone or my bicep. I make as many trips to watch the Orange (going to the game at MSG vs. UConn, @UNC, @NCST, anything within driving distance).

I am from St. Louis, MO. Got into college basketball in the early 2000's. Didn't have a team because Mizzou sucked and SLU was irrelevant back then. Obviously, I jumped on the Melo bandwagon but I wouldn't say I was a Cuse fan...back then. A few years go by and I followed Cuse but I hate to admit I was also a JJ Redick fan but the same way with Melo I wouldn't say I was a Duke fan. I would watch their games when both teams were playing on TV. Then a fellow by the name of Johnny Flynn came and obviously I liked G-Mac but I loved Flynn for whatever reason. So there I am again watching Syracuse play because my favorite player is on that team. I would tell my friends if I had to choose I am a Syracuse fan but I wasn't that annoying friend who always talks/brags about their team...yet. Big East Tournament comes along and they play UCONN. At the time, my parents came into my room probably 4 times because I'm screaming at the TV during that 6 OT game. The buzzer shot, the missed lay ups, the sheer intensity of the game. We win and that's when I knew I am a die hard Cuse fan. I had the same nerves and enjoyment as I did in '06 when the Cardinals won the WS (not to bring up bad memories). That moment I anointed myself. By following them throughout the years I learned the rivalries, I learned the players, the history, what the fans do at the beginning of the games and half time. Today half of my closet is Cuse gear, all of my friends seem to be Duke or UNC fans which is great because we always go back and forth, my girlfriend from California is a Cuse fan, I read up on recruits in the summer time or anything I can to keep up, buying tickets off of Michigan St. fans last year after they lost was a great feeling. It was awesome seeing Cuse nation there in St. Louis for those 2 games. I was like a little kid on Christmas when 1st I heard we made it in the tournament but then that they were coming to the Lou. I've been to UVA for a game but haven't been to the Dome yet. That's on the bucket list before Boeheim retires. That's my story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom