Where MCW goes | Syracusefan.com

Where MCW goes

djdan

Walk On
I saw some draft board that had Mike going 16th and while that may have no validity whatsoever, it did make me think. At which pick would it be better (in obvious hindsight) if he had returned to school for another year. Is it out of the lottery? If he actually does go somewhere in the mid-first round, will he have legitimate cause to second guess his decision?

I saw some draft board that had Mike going 16th and while that may have no validity whatsoever, it did make me think. At which pick would it be better (in obvious hindsight) if he had returned to school for another year. Is it out of the lottery? If he actually does go somewhere in the mid-first round, will he have legitimate cause to second guess his decision?
2nd round. Non-guaranteed is all that makes it the wrong choice.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

I honestly believe he still goes top ten, with his measurables and elite level athleticism someone will take a chance on him developing into a star. Add that to the fact that high level point guards are extremely valuable in the nba and I think he will wind up going to Phoenix, Sacramento, or Detroit.

Impossible to have a feel where he might go until the lottery order gets set [which I think happens tonight].

Was John Wall taken number one? I honestly don't remember. I never liked him as a player. But, he seems like a point guard that couldn't shoot. Also isn't that great passer, in my opinion. Anyway, I think MCW is a better point guard than Wall, and he is proving to be an elite athlete, like Wall. So, I think someone takes him early, in the top ten.

I would like to see a detailed analysis of second contracts in the NBA. Picks 1-14, vs picks
15-30.

Off the top of my head, I would assume picks 1-14 would have a much higher second contract because they are supposedly the better players.

However, picks 15-30 are going to the better teams/organizations which gives them a greater chance for success.

That's a really good question. If you are a lottery pick, you should almost definitely go. If you are a probable second round pick, it usually makes sense to stay (although I guess Harris and Devo went because they didn't see themselves moving up in the draft). But if you are a probable first round pick, it is a grey area. On one hand you may move up your draft status if you go back to school. On the other hand, you get guaranteed money if selected. For MCW, I'd say it would make sense to return if he was projected outside the top 20.

That's a really good question. If you are a lottery pick, you should almost definitely go. If you are a probable second round pick, it usually makes sense to stay (although I guess Harris and Devo went because they didn't see themselves moving up in the draft). But if you are a probable first round pick, it is a grey area. On one hand you may move up your draft status if you go back to school. On the other hand, you get guaranteed money if selected. For MCW, I'd say it would make sense to return if he was projected outside the top 20.
Harris and Devi were uninvited back

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Was John Wall taken number one? I honestly don't remember. I never liked him as a player. But, he seems like a point guard that couldn't shoot. Also isn't that great passer, in my opinion. Anyway, I think MCW is a better point guard than Wall, and he is proving to be an elite athlete, like Wall. So, I think someone takes him early, in the top ten.

Yes, John Wall was number one. MCW may end up being better than him (I doubt it, imo). But Wall's athleticism is on a different level than MCW.

Wall is up there with Rose, LeBron, etc in terms of "extraterrestrial athleticism".

Wall has a tremendous first step and a huge ability to finish.

MCW honestly should've spent another year in college. Needs to work on his shot and finishing, the NBA isn't kind about that sort of thing.

Yes, John Wall was number one. MCW may end up being better than him (I doubt it, imo). But Wall's athleticism is on a different level than MCW.

Wall is up there with Rose, LeBron, etc in terms of "extraterrestrial athleticism".
Ok, Wall is a better athlete than MCW. But, he doesn't couple the athleticism with basketball skill or IQ. Lebron and Rose are basketball players that have incredible athleticism. Wall is just a great athlete that doesn't know how to play. I think MCW is an NBA point guard. He is an NBA athlete with basketball skill and IQ. Another year probably would have helped him slow down just a bit and become more consistent, but I think he will get there within a few years in the NBA.

Ok, Wall is a better athlete than MCW. But, he doesn't couple the athleticism with basketball skill or IQ. Lebron and Rose are basketball players that have incredible athleticism. Wall is just a great athlete that doesn't know how to play. I think MCW is an NBA point guard. He is an NBA athlete with basketball skill and IQ. Another year probably would have helped him slow down just a bit and become more consistent, but I think he will get there within a few years in the NBA.

Wall's got a blowby first step and is deadly around the rim. MCW, I really don't know. Length and hops, but handle is loose, shot is meh, and he made too many bad, bad turnovers - a la Melo in the 4th quarter against Indy on Saturday.

Wall's got a blowby first step and is deadly around the rim. MCW, I really don't know. Length and hops, but handle is loose, shot is meh, and he made too many bad, bad turnovers - a la Melo in the 4th quarter against Indy on Saturday.
I agree, he has got to focus more as an NBA player. I think he can, but he has to dedicate himself to tightening up his game, if he does, the sky is the limit.

I agree, he has got to focus more as an NBA player. I think he can, but he has to dedicate himself to tightening up his game, if he does, the sky is the limit.

I agree with that..the parts are there, just worry that he goes too high, bad team, gets exposed, etc...really wish he did another year like Hak did to develop the game some more.

Harris and Devo went because they were given a push. Harris was probably told that Wes was going to start over him, and Devo was probably warned that even if he came back, he was at risk of losing his season to the oversight of the University and its kangaroo court for just one slip up in behavior.

Harris and Devo went because they were given a push. Harris was probably told that Wes was going to start over him, and Devo was probably warned that even if he came back, he was at risk of losing his season to the oversight of the University and its kangaroo court for just one slip up in behavior.

Considering all the eyewitness stories about Devo, it would be really good to stop talking about the U and it's kangaroo court. Based on those stories alone, I would argue he was allowed to stay a whole lot longer than he should have.

Wall had a VERY good 2nd H of the season when he was healthy. Still not a good shooter but he is long, fast, and explosive. Wall averaged 19 pts, 8 ast, 4 reb, 1 stl, 3 TO.

Wall had a VERY good 2nd H of the season when he was healthy. Still not a good shooter but he is long, fast, and explosive. Wall averaged 19 pts, 8 ast, 4 reb, 1 stl, 3 TO.
I have to say, I am surprised by those numbers. Where do they come from, does he get alot from the free throw line? Is it all drives to the basket with dump off passes or kickout passes? Opposing guards must play him to drive every single play, I just don't see how he can produce like that.

I have to say, I am surprised by those numbers. Where do they come from, does he get alot from the free throw line? Is it all drives to the basket with dump off passes or kickout passes? Opposing guards must play him to drive every single play, I just don't see how he can produce like that.

I think he gets to the FT line a bunch. Not sure. I just remember seeing Sportscenter box scores the last few months and he had some huge games. I would think if you're a fantasy bball player then he's a guy you target as a stud on the cheaper side perhaps.

EDIT: He was 5/6 from the FT line this season per game.

It slipped under the radar, but Wall was a monster at the end of the year. Overall, he averaged 18-8 on 44% shooting. I'm picking endpoints, but from March 1 on, he went for 23/8 on 47% shooting.

Marcus Smart dropping out really helped MCW's draft stock IMO. Next years draft will be much better so even if MCW were to improve he probably gets drafted later.

I saw Wall play live this year versus the Knicks at Verizon. Knicks beat them. Wall gets his points off of a combination of drives to the hoop, foul shots and he is DEADLY on the fast break, much like Dion but faster. He probably gets close to half of his points off of a steal / fast break situation.

I saw Wall play live this year versus the Knicks at Verizon. Knicks beat them. Wall gets his points off of a combination of drives to the hoop, foul shots and he is DEADLY on the fast break, much like Dion but faster. He probably gets close to half of his points off of a steal / fast break situation.

I went to the one where the Knicks lost...was ready to hate on wall but his speed was crazy. Dude got from the 3 point line to the tin faster than an eyeblink.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom