Where MCW goes | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Where MCW goes

Yeah Wall has got to be one of the fastest players in the league

I went to the one where the Knicks lost...was ready to hate on wall but his speed was crazy. Dude got from the 3 point line to the tin faster than an eyeblink.

Yep. He has elite speed and athleticism. You can't compare him at all to MCW. They are two completely different players. Did you see the game at Verizon as well or at the garden? Pretty decent place to watch a game.

I got to meet Melo, Jason, Clyde and Tyson after the game at Verizon. I was one very happy camper!!

Yep. He has elite speed and athleticism. You can't compare him at all to MCW. They are two completely different players. Did you see the game at Verizon as well or at the garden? Pretty decent place to watch a game.

I got to meet Melo, Jason, Clyde and Tyson after the game at Verizon. I was one very happy camper!!

Just Verizon...it was the one where Magic Johnson was in attendance.

Ok, Wall is a better athlete than MCW. But, he doesn't couple the athleticism with basketball skill or IQ. Lebron and Rose are basketball players that have incredible athleticism. Wall is just a great athlete that doesn't know how to play. I think MCW is an NBA point guard. He is an NBA athlete with basketball skill and IQ. Another year probably would have helped him slow down just a bit and become more consistent, but I think he will get there within a few years in the NBA.

Disagree. Wall just can't shoot. He can play. I'll take his bball IQ over MCW's easily.

I'm more concerned with MCW's meltdowns where he spazzes out and throws the ball all over the place after things go wrong. He was too often rattled. That scares me more than his shot.

Wall can play, duh. His numbers prove it. He gets to the FT line as well. Always a good sign.

that was Chad Ford's last mock . . . in order for that to happen, he would have to slip past Utah, for whom PG is the position of greatest need.

Lottery teams with need at point guard:

Orlando
Phoenix
Toronto
Dallas
Utah
and possibly New Orleans and Sacramento

it's really hard to see MCW falling out of the lottery

Orlando
Phoenix
Toronto
Dallas
Utah

Especially since it wouldn't be surprising to see one of them go and the rest of the dominoes fall.

that was Chad Ford's last mock . . . in order for that to happen, he would have to slip past Utah, for whom PG is the position of greatest need.

I listened to a Chad Ford interview with the Utah radio guys the other days. Ford said that through his conversations with the Jazz front office folks he believes they are looking for a PG with a better jumpshot.

I listened to a Chad Ford interview with the Utah radio guys the other days. Ford said that through his conversations with the Jazz front office folks he believes they are looking for a PG with a better jumpshot.
yeah, I read that . . . but that if that particular set of skills is not available to them at 14, can they really afford to pass on MCW?

yeah, I read that . . . but that if that particular set of skills is not available to them at 14, can they really afford to pass on MCW?

I don't think they can but wouldn't be surprised if they reached for a Shane Larkin.

Disagree. Wall just can't shoot. He can play. I'll take his bball IQ over MCW's easily.

I'm more concerned with MCW's meltdowns where he spazzes out and throws the ball all over the place after things go wrong. He was too often rattled. That scares me more than his shot.
Then I stand corrected, I will have to watch Wall more closely.

That just screams smoke screen to me

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Then I stand corrected, I will have to watch Wall more closely.

I agree with that guy that Wall can definitely play, but people also seem to forget that Wall's biggest issues coming out was that he was a terrible shooter and he turned it over a lot. The one major difference is Wall's handle on the ball was much tighter, and while MCW is an elite athlete jumping wise, Wall is a freak athlete speed wise and is also an elite athlete jumping wise.

Could be. He seemed pretty confident in what the Jazz look for and said he knows their organization better than most. Jazz need scoring since Jefferson/Millsap will be free agents soon.

Sounds like we can probably take Dallas off the list. According to a tweet from Chad Ford, the Mavs are trying like crazy to trade the 13 pick for extra cap room to pursue Howard.

I think if the Jazz can't trade up then they "settle" for MCW with the 14th pick. Of course MCW might not be around by then.

Wall has a tremendous first step and a huge ability to finish.

MCW honestly should've spent another year in college. Needs to work on his shot and finishing, the NBA isn't kind about that sort of thing.
Not sure how you could say he should have stayed in school when st very worst he will he a top 15 pick? Work on your shot while getting paid millions of dollars. He wouldn't have increased his draft stock at all by coming back. He made the right decision.

Not sure how you could say he should have stayed in school when st very worst he will he a top 15 pick? Work on your shot while getting paid millions of dollars. He wouldn't have increased his draft stock at all by coming back. He made the right decision.

It's not the draft it's the second contract where these guys make their lifetime money. And frankly if he drops a bit so what, he would be on a better team with better players.

It's not the draft it's the second contract where these guys make their lifetime money. And frankly if he drops a bit so what, he would be on a better team with better players.

Yeah, but if you don't play we'll enough, you won't get a second contract. Going too early can still be a bad thing, I don't buy into this "get the money, learn to play while getting paid" thing that seems to be the general line of thinking now. The coach whose job is on the line isn't going to play somebody who isn't prepared to play.

Being picked high isn't a guarantee of anything beyond those first 3 years, as unfortunately Flynn found out.

Yeah, but if you don't play we'll enough, you won't get a second contract. Going too early can still be a bad thing, I don't buy into this "get the money, learn to play while getting paid" thing that seems to be the general line of thinking now. The coach whose job is on the line isn't going to play somebody who isn't prepared to play.

Being picked high isn't a guarantee of anything beyond those first 3 years, as unfortunately Flynn found out.

That's the case no matter where you go.

Orlando
Phoenix
Toronto
Dallas
Utah

Toronto does not have a lottery pick. The pick was traded last year for current starting point guard Kyle Lowry. It now belongs to Oklahoma City, who acquired it in the Harden deal.

Toronto does not have a lottery pick. The pick was traded last year for current starting point guard Kyle Lowry. It now belongs to Oklahoma City, who acquired it in the Harden deal.
Not sure that changes much. OKC could look for a good young backup point.

Worst case scenario for MCW is he gets drafted by Boston at 16. I don't think he will slip out of the lottery, but if he did I couldn't see him slipping by his hometown Boston Celtics who could package Rondo/Bradley this offseason. The rumor was Pierce expiring contract/Bradley for Eric Gordon in New Orleans if MCW was on the board maybe it would become Pierce/Bradley/MCW for Gordon/Austin Rivers.

In the lottery I would say he best bets are Sacramento, Detroit, Oklahoma City, or Dallas.
For MCW's sake I hope he doesn't go to Sacramento which is a dumpster fire right and he would struggle being out there with that roster.
Detroit- is appealing because they have a young front line in Drummond and Monroe to build around and MCW could be their PG and this team could be move into the 7th-8th range in the East.
Oklahoma City- after the injury suffered by Westbrook it showed the Thunder don't have any other PG options. MCW could develop behind Westbrook and if he came a stud move Westbrook to the 2 guard a la Jamal Crawford. Westbrook is more of a scorer than passer anyway.
Dallas- only has O.J. Mayo and Darren Collison one is a FA and the other isn't special. Cuban could use MCW as an asset in trades as well.

I don't think Cleveland, Orlando, Washington,Charlotte, Phoenix, New Orleans(right now), Minnesota, Portland, Philadelphia are going to take him. Out of those teams only Orlando, Phoenix or Charlotte make any sense with their PGs situations right now.

Considering all the eyewitness stories about Devo, it would be really good to stop talking about the U and it's kangaroo court. Based on those stories alone, I would argue he was allowed to stay a whole lot longer than he should have.
Yeah, he's really lucky he played his last season here at SU. A lot of people high up wanted his arse off campus a lot sooner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom