Wheres #8 Been? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wheres #8 Been?

Thank you! Dino has not worked the middle enough. I am talking between the hashes! We sling it side to side, but no matter the defensive physically, the middle is always open.

Thank you! Dino has not worked the middle enough. I am talking between the hashes! We sling it side to side, but no matter the defensive physically, the middle is always open.

And teams kill us in the middle.

Ish88888 said:

Watching BG last year - they really don't run stuff deep middle. Sometimes a slant or an interior type screen will attack there. But it's the run game that will focus between the hashes.

Watching BG last year - they really don't run stuff deep middle. Sometimes a slant or an interior type screen will attack there. But it's the run game that will focus between the hashes.
This. If there's space in the middle, they're going to run the ball. The point of throwing in this offense is to get behind the safeties with the deep ball or have enough blockers in front of a receiver to nullify defensive numbers. It's all about yards after catch, not getting hit as soon as the ball is caught.

I'd also add that Steve will get his numbers. I think we are in stage 1 of a 7-8 stage offensive progression. We're a work in progress. Strickland is probably frustrated too. They'll get theirs before too long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom