Which conference opponent are you most excited to see SU play? | Syracusefan.com

Which conference opponent are you most excited to see SU play?

nocoffee

Walk On
Not just this year, but looking at all the ACC teams.

Thanks! I'll hang up and listen to your answer off the air

Clemson for ACC Football. It would he awfully nice to beat them in the dome this year and start off the ACC the right way. PSU is up first though, so I'm not looking too much past that game right now as that is a HUGE game for us.

B.C., Pitt-- I love old Eastern rivalries--I would add Ped State to the top of the list, but you did specify ACC.

1. clemson
2. fsu
3. bc
4. unc
5. miami

honorable mention: vpi, virginia & pitt and maybe gatech

maryland wouldve been in the 1st group if they didnt get scared and leave.

Oh Lord

1. clemson
2. fsu
3. bc
4. unc
5. miami

honorable mention: vpi, virginia & pitt and maybe gatech

maryland wouldve been in the 1st group if they didnt get scared and leave.

Oh Lord

Yup, really was looking forward to Maryland developing into a rival, with trips there in easy reach. I would probably flop FSU and Clemson and jump Miami over UNC. Georgia tech would be knocking on the door. Other than that, that's the list.

Va tech
Fsu
Miami
Bc
Clemson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Virginia Tech, Miami, and Florida State are the main ones I'm excited for.

I look forward to resuming the VT and Miami rivalries. We haven't had a rival since they left the Big East.

Florida State is an elite program.

Clemson would probably be 4th mainly because they have a good fanbase which makes for good crowd atmospheres. As a program, I feel like someone just decided they were elite at some point, and everyone has just kind've gone along with it. Pretty good program overall, but they seem to be more highly regarded than they really deserve to be based on what they've done.

I'd round out my top 5 with Georgia Tech.

+1 - though not necessarily in that order.

Yea, order was tough. We had always been a rival of bc and disliked them, so they had to go on my list. Vt and Miami we had gotten to the point in the BE where those were big games against top teams that we didn't care for, so they're on it. Clemson and FSU are the new teams that have the most cred as bring top teams so I added them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FSU and Clemson as our new annual, big-time, football-centric program opponents. Measuring sticks. Replaces what we lost when Miami and VaTech left the Big East 10 years ago.

BC and Pitt as our new formalized, northeastern rivals. I've always felt a BC series had solid rivalry potential: very similar institutions with the whole Boston/NY thing going. It's never going to be Alabama-Auburn, but there's nothing wrong with a solid geographic rivalry with occasional heat when the programs are good. SU/Pitt has been such a strange series -- we've played forever, so there's loads of history, but there's almost never been heat because neither program has been very good at the same time, for almost ever. Now that we're linked it'd be cool if we can both be good and have the games mean something. If not then it's just nice to maintain another traditional opponent.

I am surprised no one has mentioned Louisville! Would be great for them to be our main rivals in football and basketball.

I am surprised no one has mentioned Louisville! Would be great for them to be our main rivals in football and basketball.

Disagree. We would always be the second fiddle rival compared to Louisville vs. Kentucky

Disagree. We would always be the second fiddle rival compared to Louisville vs. Kentucky

I was thinking along the lines of conference rivals, but I do agree with your statement.

Va Tech - Hate them
Miami - Hate them
Clemson - Respect them
FSU - Hate/respect them
BC/NC State - Annoying/whiney fans
UVA - Great road venue

Maryland wouldve been between FSU and BC/NC State for me.

Starting a new fresh rivalry:

CLEMSON.

Real men wear Syracuse Orange, not Tiger orange.

Name Diamond Ferri an honorary captain and have him lead the Orange out of the tunnel for the BC game. Orange sombreros and #22 serapes for the first 10K customers. Priceless.

If his current team keeps on track, Saskatchewan may have won the Gray Cup the weekend before the BC game (although Calgary is coming on strong of late).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom