Which Dome game has the higher attendance? | Syracusefan.com

Which Dome game has the higher attendance?

Duke

Everyone hates the Dook.

UNC isn't on our level.

Duke

Sent using my Commodore 64

Duke. The top two winningest coaches in men's college basketball history will be going up against each other. Plus, we hate Duke.

Of UNC/Duke, UNC has the better program, Duke has the better coach and plus the "everyone hates Duke" factor going for/against them...tough to say which game people will be more excited for. Duke has a lot of fans/alumni in New Jersey so I'm leaning towards Duke, since a 4 1/2 hour drive from New Jersey is a lot more doable for away fans than a 15 hour drive from NC.

A tie. Whatever the seating capacity will be.

Duke game will be hall of famer vs hall of famer. Also the press before that game will be huge, since the amount of wins between each other and also the work they did for team USA!! Also having MG on the team will be big news also if he lives up to the hype.

UNC game will be just another game like in 2009 where they will bring up how Kansas lost to SU in the championship game before Roy left for UNC. Just a good game not anything special.

Duke game will be hall of famer vs hall of famer. Also the press before that game will be huge, since the amount of wins between each other and also the work they did for team USA!! Also having MG on the team will be big news also if he lives up to the hype.

UNC game will be just another game like in 2009 where they will bring up how Kansas lost to SU in the championship game before Roy left for UNC. Just a good game not anything special.

Like I said, UNC has the better program, Duke has the better coach...I'd think either one coming to the Dome would be special, but we all know that opinions are like ***holes...everybody has one. ;)

Screw Duke and UNC. Better question is whether Cuse is as good a draw at ACC venues as Duke and UNC? First year, I expect yes. Long term, I think we do as long as we remain a top flight program post JB.

Screw Duke and UNC. Better question is whether Cuse is as good a draw at ACC venues as Duke and UNC? First year, I expect yes. Long term, I think we do as long as we remain a top flight program post JB.
Long term SU will be an elite program. Question is will we sell out arenas at UVA, VT, FSU, Wake, Clemson etc? Those programs HATE Duke and that is their Super Bowl. I think SU in town will be a great attraction for ACC teams but opposing fans won't circle us on their calendar like they circle Duke and UNC. Now, if SU tears through the ACC our first 3-5 years and recruiting picks up even more and we're a perennial top 5 team, then yeah ACC fans will hate us and we'll sell out all those arenas.

TL;DR we have a long way to go before teams hate us as much as Duke. If we get to that level, we're doing something right.

It sure seemed like a big deal to NC State last year when we played there. And we still took over the arena. Of course we were ranked #1 at the time and ESPN had convinced their fan base that we were ripe for the picking because it was our first true road game of the year and they forgot we have the best road record of any Big East team over 30+ years, but I digress.

Will Dicky V hope off of Duke's and UNC's and onto the Cuse wagon now that we're in the ACC?

Duke. No question. My guess is it will be a Gameday game ..... Saturday night. The UNC game will be a Big Monday or whatever the conference affiliation w/r/t ESPN programming is. If they were ever going to move the court, it would be the Duke game this (next) year.

Whichever game is on a weekend. If they both are, then Duke

DUKE. I hate them and their stupid upstate New York Fans who don't even know where DUKE is located. I can already see myself starting a fight with a DUKE fan at the Carrier Dome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom