Which team would you most like to see join the ACC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Which team would you most like to see join the ACC

Which would fit best/prosper in the ACC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SmilinBob said:
Texas and ND full time. Out of that list Cincy and I agree with NashvilleOrange, no more Florida schools and along with that...no more Carolina either.
While adding Texas and ND would raise the conf profile off the charts, you seriously do not want the drama associated with these programs and their football decisions. Them coming together in the same conf is like 1 in a trillion.

Vanderbuilt/Missouri/WVU/Baylor/TCU

While adding Texas and ND would raise the conf profile off the charts, you seriously do not want the drama associated with these programs and their football decisions. Them coming together in the same conf is like 1 in a trillion.

Drama and ego would be a problem no doubt. I want the best though and those two are by far the best out there and making a move otherwise just does not add enough value.

SmilinBob said:
Drama and ego would be a problem no doubt. I want the best though and those two are by far the best out there and making a move otherwise just does not add enough value.
I agree those other moves are garbage.

1. UConn to give Cuse another close rival, helps cement NYC to the ACC in hoops. We know their obvious downsides.

2. Cincy another thorn in the side to the B1G, helps fill area from Pitt to UL/ND

3/4. UCF/USF doubt FSU/Miami would support...but it would really help galvanize FL more into an ACC state. Great road trips.

Good Ol pod system
North ND, SYR, Pitt, BC
West Lille, cin, UVA, VT
East The Carolinas
South Fsu, Clem, miami, GT

For the 2nd or 3rd time, no this is not a serious thread. I realize none of these program will be in the ACC anytime soon, or ever.

UConn . . . a good rival for Cuse and adds another NE school.

I do not believe Cincy adds anything. Ohio State is not going to be losing control of the state anytime soon and having the second most popular team in the state does not excite me.

As for the Florida schools, with two teams in the state, they do not add market or recruiting ground.

UConn . . . a good rival for Cuse and adds another NE school.

I do not believe Cincy adds anything. Ohio State is not going to be losing control of the state anytime soon and having the second most popular team in the state does not excite me.

As for the Florida schools, with two teams in the state, they do not add market or recruiting ground.

I felt like Cincy was an interesting case. Sure, they won't dominate Ohio recruiting anytime soon, but with some shaping up and success...they could really do some damage recruiting Kentucky and grounds presently dominated by Kentucky and UL.

I felt like Cincy was an interesting case. Sure, they won't dominate Ohio recruiting anytime soon, but with some shaping up and success...they could really do some damage recruiting Kentucky and grounds presently dominated by Kentucky and UL.
They almost made the national championship a few years ago and that didn't help them at all.

Why would the conference want to add a team like Cincy that would infringe on another conference member's recruiting area. It will be interesting to see what happens if the ACC expands again. Once the ACC Network is launched, it might follow the B1G's blueprint and expand to include markets that just happen to have a schools located in them.

They almost made the national championship a few years ago and that didn't help them at all.

Consistency and better out of conference opponents would help them out. They gave themselves OSU and Miami this year out of conference. I'm interested to see what they do against OSU. Obviously OSU will be heavily favored, but you can't ever overlook an in state opponent with a chip on their shoulders. I think OSU was taught that lesson by Dayton in the tournament.

In order if the ACC has to expand
1.Navy football/ Georgetown hoops. Gets you back in MD/DC and the Navy Olympic sports stay in the Patriot league. Grown Lax gets the ACC back to 6 members.
2. West Virginia. Even though their internet fans are nuts if the ACC expands it's likely because the Big XII has been carved up and they make sense now.
3. Cincinnati. Solid hoops/football and open up So. Ohio and Kentucky more for the ACC footprint.
4. UConn. If their fan base wasn't a scorn ex-lover they are likely already in the ACC

The others have no chance
F Georgetown - they are now where they belong, as a second tier team in a mid-major conference. I'd take Towson State before I'd let Gtown ever even sniff big time athletics again.

In order if the ACC has to expand
1.Navy football/ Georgetown hoops. Gets you back in MD/DC and the Navy Olympic sports stay in the Patriot league. Grown Lax gets the ACC back to 6 members.
2. West Virginia. Even though their internet fans are nuts if the ACC expands it's likely because the Big XII has been carved up and they make sense now.
3. Cincinnati. Solid hoops/football and open up So. Ohio and Kentucky more for the ACC footprint.
4. UConn. If their fan base wasn't a scorn ex-lover they are likely already in the ACC

The others have no chance

So we learned nothing from the BE.

Temple. Their basketball program would be huge in the ACC , football could anchor recruiting for the conference from DC to NYC. Lots of upside potential with 25 million more in their athletic budget .

The teams that fit the ACC "profile" are Nova and Gtown. Too bad neither are D-1 football schools. They fit every other criteria.

Temple. Their basketball program would be huge in the ACC , football could anchor recruiting for the conference from DC to NYC. Lots of upside potential with 25 million more in their athletic budget .

Temple would re-establish the ACC in the DC to NYC corridor where the Big Ten thinks they have blocked the ACC. Temple would also help the ACC secure statewide presence in Pennsylvania by having both sides (Pittsburgh and Philadelphia) similar to how the ACC covers Florida with Miami and FSU. We would want to see Temple make a strong commitment to football. Something like building their own on campus stadium, which they have talked about, would go a long way. The basketball is there already, and there are no concerns about Temple's commitment to basketball.

Cincinnati would do something similar in Southern Ohio that Temple would do in South Eastern Pennsylvania and South Jersey. I view the two choices, Cincinnati and Temple, as similar. I personally would prefer Temple since we are the Atlantic seaboard conference and not the midwestern conference. Cincinnati seems to be in the casual conversation about this more than Temple among ACC fans. I don't quite know why people roll their eyes when I mention Temple. Being in Philly wouldn't be all that bad for the ACC IMO. Now that Temple is in the AAC maybe they can work to improve their football visibility.

Then there is UConn. UConn has the athletics department of sufficient size to hit the ground running in the ACC. They have 22 sports that would fit right into the 25 sports that the ACC sponsors, and they would be very competitive in basketball right away. UConn helps further make New York City ACC country by adding another tri-state school, and UConn would secure New England as ACC country.

None of these choices are football powers. They each offer market presence in their respective regions. I'd probably go for UConn first because they secure a State and New England. The other two though offer presence in good football recruiting areas. I'd go Temple first, then Cincinnati.

I still can't get over Temple from the 1990 with Cuse's 4,000 fans outnumbering Temple's 2,000 fans on the old Astroturf at the Vet. I'd have to be really sold on Temple for a full member. Rather bring in UConn and Cincy and add Nova with Notre Dame for a 16/18 conference.

The teams that fit the ACC "profile" are Nova and Gtown. Too bad neither are D-1 football schools. They fit every other criteria.

From the view of a University, yes they fit the ACC profile. From an athletics department, they don't fit. Neither has football, and we hardly see them in any of the NCAA tournaments for anything much outside of basketball. It looked like Villanova was going to upgrade football at some point, but I think that ended over issues with trying to have a stadium. Georgetown plays football in a stadium that only holds 2000 people. It is hard to imagine. That's like a high school.

None of them do squat for FB but I'm already missing the SU/UCONN BB games. It's the only reason to bring them in. When it looked like their BB program was imploding they pulled off a NC. Makes the ACC the #1 BB conference as well. I know FB drives the bus but none of those 4 FB programs are driving anything. UCONN for BB and it's an ACC civil war, North vs South, Pitt, SU, UCONN vs Tobacco road confederates. I think it would be awesome.