Who bought the can of green spray paint? | Syracusefan.com

Who bought the can of green spray paint?

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Niko Tamurian@NikoTamurian43m
What do you think about the new look for the @CuseFootball field? @CNYcentral pic.twitter.com/1LVsb8fNfO

BRE27-WCIAEpZWC.jpg:large

I hope this doesn't end up looking like the end zone in 2004 when Syracuse became the "Orange." That looked weird.
"

I hope this doesn't end up looking like the end zone in 2004 when Syracuse became the "Orange." That looked weird.
"
Oh my god. If it looks like that, we are in big trouble. So terrible. So cheap. Embarrassing.

Oh my god. If it looks like that, we are in big trouble. So terrible. So cheap. Embarrassing.

It's August 7th. Perhaps give them a day to scrape the old paint off?

Because we have tons of evidence that Gross will cheap out and have it look terrible?

Because we have tons of evidence that Gross will cheap out and have it look terrible?
Oh, Gross definitely gets the benefit of the doubt, but wasn't Gross here for the painted over ,men, in Orangmen?

Oh, Gross definitely gets the benefit of the doubt, but wasn't Gross here for the painted over ,men, in Orangmen?
No that was Jake C. with a Marlboro dangling and 98 cent cans of Big Lots Spray Paint in the end zone.

I heard the ACC Logo on the turf was going to be an issue. There was talk of replacing the whole turf. I'll wait until we see the finished product.

Hahaha! I can totally see Jake, PP, and Deleone out there with spray paint. "Looks pretty good...and you can't beat the price."

But I'm concerned that you heard that, Mark.

Hahaha! I can totally see Jake, PP, and Deleone out there with spray paint. "Looks pretty good...and you can't beat the price."

But I'm concerned that you heard that, Mark.

What I heard was they considered replacing the whole turf...I would've thought they could do someting less drastic as service life is still left on the turf. This appears to be it (less drastic). It might look fine from 40 yards away. I trust this gang in charge to make it right or at least not an embarrassment until funds get allocated for full replacement in a couple years.

Is it paint or do they cut in the whote ACC logo and replace big east with green turf? My sense is they actually replace turf.

What I heard was they considered replacing the whole turf...I would've thought they could do someting less drastic as service life is still left on the turf. This appears to be it (less drastic). It might look fine from 40 yards away. I trust this gang in charge to make it right or at least not an embarrassment until funds get allocated for full replacement in a couple years.

This is it.

Though I'm not sure what the exact service life of that model of turf is, we've had it for eight years already. Many NFL teams replace it more frequently; it's probably due, but the money isn't available for that kind of improvement right now.

And the logo does look a little large.

you would think the field turf dudes would have a way to fix sections of turf. what do they do if a part gets damaged? isnt it still just put down in pieces and then stiched together and filled with the filler?

one method is to remove the area by shaving then add a new turf on top and refill, perhaps that is what they did, they also can cut the new logo into the existing and resew it..

the avg estimated life is 8-10 years but being inside will help.. though who knows what the bball court work does to it ?

Hey guys--

Let me clear up some of the worries.

I too, was a little worried at first. But mind you, this is the Dome turf in the worst form you'd ever see it...under construction and not yet treated for the new season.

Pete Sala was gracious enough to take me through the whole process, so I'll paraphrase a bit here:

First, the ACC letters are field turf cutouts being seamed in. It's not spray painted over...and, it's not done yet.

This year, the ACC letters will be just white...but as Texan Mark eluded to, stay tuned for exciting future developments.

Second, As I mentioned above the turf is yet to be treated (even the green will look 100x better before the Wagner game...hang in there it will look great!)

There's some other changes you'll notice September 14 but I'll let you check them out for yourselves.

And, since I love you guys, I'll give you this nugget before I go on the air with it...A deal has been struck with Verizon to put a new "antenna" on the Dome...Basically the issues of trying to get a text out, let alone a tweet, will be a thing of the past by no later than the Clemson game if not sooner.

No that was Jake C. with a Marlboro dangling and 98 cent cans of Big Lots Spray Paint in the end zone.

I heard the ACC Logo on the turf was going to be an issue. There was talk of replacing the whole turf. I'll wait until we see the finished product.
Big Lots!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Hey guys--

I too, was a little worried at first. But mind you, this is the Dome turf in the worst form you'd ever see it...under construction and not yet treated for the new season.

Pete Sala was gracious enough to take me through the whole process, so I'll paraphrase a bit here:

First, the ACC letters are field turf cutouts being seamed in. It's not spray painted over...and, it's not done yet.

This year, the ACC letters will be just white...but as Texan Mark eluded to, stay tuned for exciting future developments.

Second, As I mentioned above the turf is yet to be treated (even the green will look 100x better before the Wagner game...hang in there it will look great!)

There's some other changes you'll notice September 14 but I'll let you check them out for yourselves.

And, since I love you guys, I'll give you this nugget before I go on the air with it...A deal has been struck with Verizon to put a new "antenna" on the Dome...Basically the issues of trying to get a text out, let alone a tweet, will be a thing of the past by no later than the Clemson game if not sooner.

great news

Hey guys--

Hopefully they treat the field with something that doesn't absorb all the light in the building.

Hey guys--

about that antenna, i hope its billy fuccillo HUGE and they can bolt 4 different company logos on it and charge em a million dollars a pop for a years worth of advertising.

Oh Lord

Forget the fake grass, we should go back to that old rug we used to play on, if they still make that crap. Opposing teams were always complaining about it. It was also awesome for when we had some serious team speed in the 90s.

Last edited:
Hopefully they treat the field with something that doesn't absorb all the light in the building.

This is the other thing about the new turf vs. the old. The entire building looks way darker than it used to, in person and especially on television.

not true...I had heard a whole new field is on the way because of the big east logo.

I posted this info about two weeks ago.

and take this field and use it in the new facility

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom