Who will be at Georgetown? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who will be at Georgetown?

That is AWESOME!! Did you make any home football games this fall?
Oddly, no. I was in Italy for the first three home games. Then, my broken right ankle was in a cast until five days before leaving for Atlantis (which meant I couldn't drive 300 miles each way) .

If I was a better planner, I would have stayed a few extra days in Florida (instead of leaving here Tuesday) then fly to DC, watch the game, and fly home Sunday. Ughhhh

it, I'm gonna check out flights

If I was a better planner, I would have stayed a few extra days in Florida (instead of leaving here Tuesday) then fly to DC, watch the game, and fly home Sunday. Ughhhh

it, I'm gonna check out flights
Where are you in Florida?
You can usually find some great last-minute deals from Fort Lauderdale.. home to lower-cost JetBlue, Spirit, Southwest and Allegiant.

Zippy1808 said:
Where are you in Florida? You can usually find some great last-minute deals from Fort Lauderdale.. home to lower-cost JetBlue, Spirit, Southwest and Allegiant.

Orlando. I also need to check in to work tomorrow to make sure it hasent burnt down

Probably a few hundred Georgetown d'bags.

Why is Georgetown still allowed to pull that stuff with the five game minimum? They need us more than we need r them.

Orlando. I also need to check in to work tomorrow to make sure it hasent burnt down
Come south!
Less than a 3 hour drive.
Great beaches in and around Fort Lauderdale and weather is great.
Then if you look around, you can surely find a cheap flight up to DC or Baltimore. Spirit flies to BWI.. while its decidedly no-frills, I booked a spontaneous flight from FLL to LGA for the World Series on 7 hours notice for $50.

Where is a good area to stay while in DC that has restaurants, bars, etc to spend the weekend with the family? Last time I was in Historic Alexandria and had a good time, but I'm hoping there are other areas around where I can easily take the METRO to Verizon Center.

Where is a good area to stay while in DC that has restaurants, bars, etc to spend the weekend with the family? Last time I was in Historic Alexandria and had a good time, but I'm hoping there are other areas around where I can easily take the METRO to Verizon Center.
Georgetown. Yes, it is an area as well as a school.

Zippy1808 said:
Come south! Less than a 3 hour drive. Great beaches in and around Fort Lauderdale and weather is great. Then if you look around, you can surely find a cheap flight up to DC or Baltimore. Spirit flies to BWI.. while its decidedly no-frills, I booked a spontaneous flight from FLL to LGA for the World Series on 7 hours notice for $50.

I just made the mistake of looking at my bank account for the first time since getting back from the Bahamas. Yea, cusetroop is taking his butt back to Alaska with an extremely light wallet, but a million memories. Absolutely worth it.

I'd LOVE to be able to go (would be going alone), but I am having car problems here in Charlotte, NC. Can't really drive take the risk of driving my car 6 hours away with the risk of breaking down. Only way I'd be able to go is if I could carpool or find an alternate way to get there.

Georgetown. Yes, it is an area as well as a school.

No metro in Georgetown.

I am partial to Old Town, but Penn Quarter, Downtown, West End are fun. Not cheap dates but fun.

There's a Residence Inn a block west of Dupont Circle on P Street that is in a very convenient location. It's only a couple metro stops from the Verizon Center, and has an endless number of restaurants and bars within walking distance.

If anyone is looking for a restaurant that will blow your mind in DC while you're in town... 1789 in Georgetown. It's a little pricey, we only go once or twice per year for special occasions.

http://1789restaurant.com/

CTO, I've never met you, but I feel like this place is 110% right up your alley.

If anyone is looking for a restaurant that will blow your mind in DC while you're in town... 1789 in Georgetown. It's a little pricey, we only go once or twice per year for special occasions.

http://1789restaurant.com/

CTO, I've never met you, but I feel like this place is 110% right up your alley.

Jacket required for gentlemen - good for travelers to be aware of this

Jacket required for gentlemen - good for travelers to be aware of this

I personally have never worn a jacket there -- I just dress business casual like I'm going to work.

Just don't go dressed like Peyton Siva's dad with a sleeveless basketball jersey and you'll be fine.

I personally have never worn a jacket there -- I just dress business casual like I'm going to work.

Just don't go dressed like Peyton Siva's dad with a sleeveless basketball jersey and you'll be fine.

Interesting, the website doesn't mention it either. I haven't been to 1789 in three or four years but there was a long-standing dress code.

Anyway, great restaurant, nice rec, love the Papa Siva reference! Continue

There's a Residence Inn a block west of Dupont Circle on P Street that is in a very convenient location. It's only a couple metro stops from the Verizon Center, and has an endless number of restaurants and bars within walking distance.

Dupont Circle area is a good suggestion for convenience, variety and general safety.

I'd recommend Bistrot du Coin on Conn Ave. It's a reasonably-priced but good French joint. It's a slightly noisier, larger version of a real French bistro. Good for kids, too.

If you want to get away from the madding crowd, consider Friendship Heights (Wisconsin and Western). Metro will take you downtown in 15 minutes.

If DC has a tourist trap area, it's Georgetown ... essentially inconvenient and generally over-priced. Most locals, who don't live there, don't go there. That and Old Town Alexandria are all DC has in the "quaint" category. So there's that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom