Who will be at Georgetown? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Who will be at Georgetown?

Dupont Circle area is a good suggestion for convenience, variety and general safety.

I'd recommend Bistrot du Coin on Conn Ave. It's a reasonably-priced but good French joint. It's a slightly noisier, larger version of a real French bistro. Good for kids, too.

If you want to get away from the madding crowd, consider Friendship Heights (Wisconsin and Western). Metro will take you downtown in 15 minutes.

If DC has a tourist trap area, it's Georgetown ... essentially inconvenient and generally over-priced. Most locals, who don't live there, don't go there. That and Old Town Alexandria are all DC has in the "quaint" category. So there's that.

As someone who lives a block away from Bistot du Coin I concur it's a solid spot, and there are others as well. Couple of good watering holes nearby too, should you not have little ones with you. I really like McClellens tavern, and Maddies is a Irish pub with lots of TV's. There are a number of hotels in the Dupont area that are convenient, safe, and walkable to the metro, which as others have said, is a few stops from Verizon. Should you want to be closer to the Verizon Center, there are hotels along Mass Ave as well as the new Marriot Marquis (sp?) that are very nice, and high end.

Got an email today "reminding" me "Georgetown vs. Syracuse Tickets Still Available"

They won't sell us tickets without strings yet their fans still won't fill the building for this game. God, Georgetown is just the worst. The absolute worst.

There's gonna be so much Orange there on Saturday!!

The Scottish Walk is in Old Town this Saturday, can see a little bit then Uber into DC if you want to take in local flavor (drunk affluent white people).

Anyone have a single ticket for the game on Saturday? I'm looking for something in the sub-400 levels (thus, don't want to go the Gtown/ticketmaster route). Going solo after my dad decided age is getting the better of him. PM me if you are willing to help a good fan out.

Anyone have a single ticket for the game on Saturday? I'm looking for something in the sub-400 levels (thus, don't want to go the Gtown/ticketmaster route). Going solo after my dad decided age is getting the better of him. PM me if you are willing to help a good fan out.

If I didn't already make plans for this Saturday night (which cancels all hope of me attending the game), I would most certainly help you out if you helped me! (see my last post). What part of the Carolina's are you in?

Sent you a private message. Not sure if that would work for you but I just bought a pair and came across that ad.

Got an email today "reminding" me "Georgetown vs. Syracuse Tickets Still Available"

They won't sell us tickets without strings yet their fans still won't fill the building for this game. God, Georgetown is just the worst. The absolute worst.

There's gonna be so much Orange there on Saturday!!

Huh, I got a single game ticket on Ticketmaster

I'd like to meet people as well. You can be as mean as you want to me, but please be nice to my wife.:)

Thank you for the responses to my message everyone. I ended up with a seat in the 400-level (but up front at least). Hope to meet some of you at Clyde's.
I will be at Clydes as well, now the carolina in your username is that North or South? We are coming up from South Carolina.

It has been 3 years since I have been able to actually go to a game and I already know that sleeping tonight will be hard. Is it sad that I feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve?

I will be at Clydes as well, now the carolina in your username is that North or South? We are coming up from South Carolina.

It has been 3 years since I have been able to actually go to a game and I already know that sleeping tonight will be hard. Is it sad that I feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve?

Not at all. I live in North Carolina (Charlotte) and I've been to maybe 2 games in the last two years? Each time that game comes I can't keep my mind off of watching our Orange take the court.

I was living in Charlotte when I first joined cuseFan years ago (thus, CarolinaCuse). I'm in NoVa now.

BTW - here's bulletin board fodder compliments of the Hoya Saxa student body...

upload_2015-12-4_11-49-38.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom