who will be the first college to sell this beer | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

who will be the first college to sell this beer

My brother in law brews this. Highly recommended along with any other Shipyard product if you can find them especially the Double Thumper (11.2 ABV)

View attachment 1301

Shipyard pumpkin is absolute delicious.

As for 'Gansett, apparently the family who owns it sends their kids to the school I work at, so now it's all 'Gansett all the time at our work events. It's not bad, but the faculty is absolutely sick of it.

Heady Topper is another great IPA. Can't seem to find it in the Rochester area though.

Double Jack by Firestone Walker is my favorite. Not a huge fan of Sierra Nevada stuff. Dales Pale Ale from Oskar Blues is also high on my list. Hell, I think Ithaca's Flower Power is fantastic. Ever had anything from Founders Brewing Company? Their Breakfast Stout is to die for.
Had Founder's IPA at lunch.

90 is fantastic, always happy to find it on tap. I also like Arrogant ******* but, like 120, the Double Arrogant is a bit much.

Too much of a great thing usually doesn't equal something better. You don't mess with perfection.

In agreement on 90 minute being great but I prefer double b@stard to the original by a wide margin.

Dead Guy Ale is definitely a good beer. I went down to Atlanta last year and we went to SweetWater Brewing Company. The 420 Extra Pale Ale is very good.

I was there 2 years ago. Pretty good stuff but not worth tracking down. I prefered their "Sweet Georgia Brown"

I don't think I've ever had their IPA. Good? All I've ever really had from Founders was the Breakfast stout and Canadian Breakfast Stout.

FWIW I haven't ever had a sub par or even average beer from Founders. It's all been top notch.

Here in the lovely Commonwealth of Pennsyltucky we can only buy mixed cases or go to a tap room for mixed 6 packs. My 4 favorite mixed cases are Founders, Clipper City Heavy Seas, Unibroue, and Flying Dog Canis Major. Gonzo Imperial Porter from Flying Dog is worth trying if you happen to see it on tap or a 4 pack.

FWIW I haven't ever had a sub par or even average beer from Founders. It's all been top notch.

Here in the lovely Commonwealth of Pennsyltucky we can only buy mixed cases or go to a tap room for mixed 6 packs. My 4 favorite mixed cases are Founders, Clipper City Heavy Seas, Unibroue, and Flying Dog Canis Major. Gonzo Imperial Porter from Flying Dog is worth trying if you happen to see it on tap or a 4 pack.

Flying Dog has some good beers. I like their Doggy Style Pale Ale, but that might be more because of the name :cool:

I remember back in high school the beer of choice was a case of OV Splits. I am not sure why but they were available at every party. (This was when the drinking age was 18 or was it 19)? I think it changed to 21 the year I turned 21. ;) I dn't remember, too much beer since then.

As for the OP, Armageddon seems like an apt name.

Double Jack by Firestone Walker is my favorite. Not a huge fan of Sierra Nevada stuff. Dales Pale Ale from Oskar Blues is also high on my list. Hell, I think Ithaca's Flower Power is fantastic. Ever had anything from Founders Brewing Company? Their Breakfast Stout is to die for.

Founders is spectacular. By far my best beer discovery in the past year. Have had the Scotch ale, rye, IPA, porter, and a couple of the stouts (J. Ryan's in Syracuse has a pretty good Founders selection). All are very good.

Founders is spectacular. By far my best beer discovery in the past year. Have had the Scotch ale, rye, IPA, porter, and a couple of the stouts (J. Ryan's in Syracuse has a pretty good Founders selection). All are very good.

Try the Founders Old Curmudgeon when it comes out (they only make it once a year). Bnoro, ljmilman and I had a few at Ginger man before the games against Va Tech and Stanford last bball season, we chose it for the name in dedication to Boeheim. One of the best beers I've had.

My personal favs:

Hop Devil
Syracuse Pale Ale
Arrogant Bastard Ale
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Saranac English Ale
Great Lakes Commodore Perry
Ommegang Abbey Ale

For whatever reason I've never tried the Dogfish 90 or 120, sounds like I need to.

I just thought. Can you imagine a boilermaker consisting of a pint of this Armageddon beer and a shot of Devil's Springs Vodka? Liquid death.

Another old stand by. I can drink this all night and it's very cheap in western and central NY. Can't find it in Dallas.

export.jpg

I remember back in high school the beer of choice was a case of OV Splits. I am not sure why but they were available at every party. (This was when the drinking age was 18 or was it 19)? I think it changed to 21 the year I turned 21. ;) I dn't remember, too much beer since then.

As for the OP, Armageddon seems like an apt name.

Ah yes the OV splits. They used to sell it by the case in Mulligans Brick Bar in Buffalo. By the end of the night the entire floor was covered in broken glass. Carling O'Keefe also sold Cinci Cream Lager in cases of splits. Very good stuff. Also used to love O'Keefe Ale but haven't seen it in years although a bartender in Montreal told me they still sell it in Quebec.

I had never heard of Founder's until I saw it popping up on taps in the area. They make some good brews. Anyone know where they are headquartered?

Oh and Avery Brewery in Colorado is very good as well. Good mid range mixed case (5% ish) and their big beers are great.

Man I'm thristy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom