who would take McC in the lottery? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

who would take McC in the lottery?

hes just a slightly taller, less strong, less effective (ie doesnt finish nearly as well) version of JGrant at this point in his career.

obviously i am mostly saying this because i selfishly want him to comeback next year but still...
why and tavern again

Averaging 12 and 7 in 6 games so far... wait for it... In the D-League

Somewhat related -- Bradley Heslip NBDL stats through 11 games:

31 minutes
28 PPG
14.5 3point attempts per game
2 rebounds
1 assist

Philly is an NBA team? They are more like the Washington Generals!

Ya I know, but the Washington Generals do play against the Harlem Globetrotters. Just like the Philadelphia 76ers play NBA teams. He actually had 11pt 7rebs 3blks tonight vs the Heat in 26 minutes.

If you just watch the games and didnt know the fact that McC was a big time recruit, you would think he's a project.

Recency bias.

this is only true if you only saw the three most recent games and not the first seven when he was terrific

Grant leaving early may turn out to have been a great move for him, in large part because he was selected by Philly where he will almost certainly get playing time begin working more seriously on his strength and devote 100% of his time to basketball without those pesky classes. If he returned and improved his draft position he might end up with a slightly higher salary, one year of lost earnings and playing on a better team that doesn't put him on the floor.

Remember also that he missed most of the preseason as you evaluate him ytd.

Since when have rookies outside of the elite players entering the league been great as rookies in the NBA? Jerami Grant's body is being sculpted into an NBA player and his NBA coach already sees a Kawhi Leonard potential in Jerami Grant. Leonard's rookie year he only averaged 7.9 ppg in 64 games.

Grant is going to be developed WAY MORE with Brent Brown than playing 2-3 zone and getting yelled at for not driving the ball and taking jump shots while not getting paid in Syracuse.

Sorry Grant is fine even if isn't the 2nd all time leading scorer in NBA history as a rookie.
Good post.

There is a general misconception about how rookies perform in the NBA, especially among those who don't follow the league closely. Few players, no matter how gifted, step in and make a huge immediate impact.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/stats/bycategory?cat=Fielding&sort=25&conference=NBA&qualified=2

For the last time, the nba draft drafts on potential. Chris is a lot more talented than JGrant (who I also wish was still here). Sadly, he will go and he will be picked high.

If the Lakers keep their top 5 pick I'd have no problem with him in purple and gold

Yeah, he's a great example of how it only takes one team lol. Wasn't a lottery pick (went 20th), but yeah... that was an interesting choice. It's a shame Toronto doesn't have a D-League team at the moment.
As a Raptors fan, I actually think that Bruno is going to be pretty good. Maybe rose-coloured glasses, but he's got a lot skills. Also, McCullough will go. NBA drafts on raw potential.

So Chris is having a rough stretch...every player has them...agreed? Last night was not his finest moment but he is a young man who is still learning the game...he just wrapped up final exams in his very first semester as a college student...maybe he is having girl problems or family problems back home. I am not trying to make excuses but there are SO many factors that contribute to playing well that I think we sometimes take for granted how hard it really is to play at the highest level game in and game out...Chris will be fine and before long we'll forget about this stretch.

Now, is he a lottery pick? Who knows...to much can happen between now and the draft...but it is hard to imagine him falling out of the 1st round and that will likely be enough motivation for him to leave.
Ref problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom