Why did McDonald rub people the wrong way?? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Why did McDonald rub people the wrong way??

For what it's worth, I thought the guy gave a tremendous back rub.

Sorry, wrong board.

Any offensive coordinator who isn't getting results rubs people the wrong way. No matter what they do. He could say F*** it and be defensive on twitter. Or he could say I need to do a better job, I'm not getting it done. Neither one works. The only way to solve it is to score points, rack up yards, etc.

We've been swimming in this pond long enough to know by now.

Well let's see you put all the blame on Hunt, and stated on numerous occasions that McDonald was actually doing a good job. Obviously that wasn't the case since he got demoted after 5 games. Maybe that should tell you that the main problem was McDonald?

Interesting. We went 3-2 over that stretch after Wake, with a 1 pt loss to Pitt in a very close, winnable game and then the FSU blowout. Makes sense.

Too add to things Lester called plays vs Louisville from halftime on...I don't think we scored in the 2nd half.

Stephen Bailey‏@Stephen_Bailey1 4m4 minutes ago
George McDonald said he was "blindsided" by demotion. Didn't see it coming. Would've stayed at Arkansas if he knew this would happen.

Chris02M said:
Stephen Bailey‏@Stephen_Bailey1 4m4 minutes ago George McDonald said he was "blindsided" by demotion. Didn't see it coming. Would've stayed at Arkansas if he knew this would happen.

Just www that. Everyone. Is reporting it. Not good, not good at all! Think SU and McDonald need to part ways.

I still think Shafer was told to demote him otherwise what purpose did it serve to publically announce if they were not trying to make alumni and fans happy?

Chris02M said:
Stephen Bailey‏@Stephen_Bailey1 4m4 minutes ago George McDonald said he was "blindsided" by demotion. Didn't see it coming. Would've stayed at Arkansas if he knew this would happen.

If we're honest: that's exactly what you'd be thinking upon your demotion too.

Stephen Bailey‏@Stephen_Bailey1 4m4 minutes ago
McDonald will not be in the booth. Going down to field. GA likely taking his place.

TheCusian said:
If we're honest: that's exactly what you'd be thinking upon your demotion too.

Agreed, the company I work for wouldn't "demote" someone on that level and "reassign" them to work for a subordinate. Can't work IMO. Then add on the fact this person can get in front of a microphone...not good.

Brent Axe‏@BrentAxeMedia 49s50 seconds ago
McDonald said he got texts from around football affirming that he's "not as bad as Syracuse thinks I am."

Chris02M said:
Brent Axe‏@BrentAxeMedia 49s50 seconds ago McDonald said he got texts from around football affirming that he's "not as bad as Syracuse thinks I am."

Oh God today is his last day...what a bleep show

Brent Axe‏@BrentAxeMedia 49s50 seconds ago
McDonald said he got texts from around football affirming that he's "not as bad as Syracuse thinks I am."

BS little do they know he seized up in the coaching box Friday night and Lester had to step in for him. He can take a hike.

These McDonald comments are shocking...

...says no one who ever read his Twitter feed.

Guy is not particularly mature.
Too thin-skinned to be a coordinator for a program selling itself as hard-nosed.

Chris02M said:
This works better if you're imagining listening to what I'd say by Ray Charles

McDonald's true colors are showing.

He's not handling this with class.

Next man up.

Tried to give McDonald benefit of the doubt throughout these last couple of weeks but after his acts of immaturity and selfishness he needs to go and go now. He clearly is not about the team and is just holding us back at this point. Yeah he is a good recruiter but that doesn't even matter at this point. Get rid of him now re-establish the relationships with the recruits he recruited now so we don't have a complete class meltdown a week before signing day. Not to mention he said this affected his relationship with Shafer...get out of here, you were lucky he gave you that opportunity there's no place for people like him on this staff/program let alone any program. If things don't go his way he is the first to blame someone else and come up with an excuse, own up to it and get the hell out of Syracuse.

Well I think tonight's events are a good answer to the question in this thread.

Well the hard nosed stuff that has been spouted is utter BS too, to be honest.
Seriously.

And for a school that prides itself on being a leading school of communication...this is going from bad to worse quickly.

He needs to leave Syracuse ASAP.

We are about to become the jets...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom