Wildhack Needs To...... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack Needs To......

So I just don't really see what JB would come back for...

We have no real impact recruit for 2023 and wont be getting one...

JG3 - Jesse - Mintz - Benny all more than likely leaving
Bell - Will probably leave now also

Returns getting minutes Taylor and Brown. So at worst he would have to find 3-4 starters via the portal that is bare minimum. Those 3-4 player have to be ACC caliber players. Not Ivy League transfers that started once. All that has to happen just for us to be a decent team. JB who already hates recruiting does he really want to do that and can he really do that just to maybe be a tournament team.
I see no path to relevancy unless there’s a new HC before the end of March. JB won’t put the work in and a new coach does need some time to hit the portal and maybe bring in a frosh or two, let alone convince anyone to stay.

If I’m a current SU player, I would have no desire to return to play for JB. A new coach, maybe, but they have to see what’s coming in terms of ability to compete.

Or else WHAT? Jimmy will hold his breath and count to ten?
He has used up his good will.
That went out the door when his sons graduated, and then he continued to act like a pampered, privileged jerk in the press for major parts of this season.
Lol yuck your defending the press, there most certainly the factor of moral high ground

Next year is going to be really bad regardless. Either it’s JB and a MAAC level roster or new HC in a transition period. If it’s JB coaching, I just can’t see how we win 10 games. Our 3 best players gone, a weak freshman class that may not even be returning in full, no impact recruits and the lack of desire to attack the portal. I’m not even sure how we avoid being Louisville barring some major shakeup.
No

There’s literally no point in running JB back out for another season with a depleted roster and watching him struggle to win 10 games. Non conference schedule is more difficult next year and the ACC will be better. It will be ugly to watch.

I can tolerate a rebuilding season under a new coach. At least we’d be building towards a better future.
There are some really good options should wildhack decide to go outside the program. I think all of these candidates are better than internal Cuse alums (Hop Red GMac Hart).

Sean Miller, Xavier
Matt Langel, Colgate
Ed Cooley, Providence
Shaka Smart, Marquette
John Becker, Vermont

Last edited:
I want to see Jimmy gone as much or more than anybody else here, but to deny him a window of opportunity to resign/retire with respect is just flat out wrong.
Hmm, I think he has missed about a half dozen opportunities to do that over the past few years. What do you do when a beloved HOF coach who everybody respects and acknowledges as iconic doesn't recognize it is time to step away. That is exactly what is making the past couple of years so extremely painful.

It would be classy if during this weekend's 20th Anniversary celebration of the 2003 Men's Basketball National Championship Jim finally accepts that no matter how much he loves coaching (or conquering whatever internal fears or doubts he has about stepping away) it is finally time and he announces he is retiring as head coach.

It is perhaps the last chance for him to step away with grace and dignity.

Come on Jimbo, dig deep for the courage. You know we all love you! Now do the right thing.

Last edited:
Does anyone know for sure that this is JW's or even the chancellor's call? Before making a move like this, I surmise that someone would need (or at the very minimum want to have the buy in) a blessing from the board.

It's like if you were to buy a new car, you wouldn't "need" your wife's approval to make the purchase from he dealership, but it is obviously in your interest to get her firm approval first.

Coaching search? Now? If he doesn’t already have a list, he shouid be fired already. If anything, it should just be a matter of making the first formal contacts.
A “coaching search” is just the formal process of choosing the next coach, it doesn’t mean they don’t have targets…

I want to see Jimmy gone as much or more than anybody else here, but to deny him a window of opportunity to resign/retire with respect is just flat out wrong.
Agree, but if he doesn't this offseason, you have to make the decision for him. Kind of a weird analogy, but my mom grew up in a small town in Wyoming and my grandpa owned the only gas station in town. When they wanted to go to the "big city" it was a bit over 2 hours to Salt Lake City. On the way home, my grandpa never wanted to pay the prices the other stations charged, so they inevitably ran out of gas and he had to take the gas can and walk to get some. After so many times, it was hard to feel sorry for him having to make that walk.

I guess my point is, JB has had some opportunities to go out on a high note, and I truly wanted to see him go out that way, But when he kept refusing to take them, it's hard to feel sorry for him now.

I truly believe Jim will coach next year.

No doubt. I’d rather give it a crack with a new coach going into the portal
But then JB and Julie would miss the Hawaii trip.

I truly believe Jim will coach next year.
I did until last night. I think last nights performance might finally bring JB to realize it’s over. From what I hear, the team is a complete mess. We have a bunch of entitled freshman who a couple feel are better than players who are playing. Constant phone calls from parents telling JB how to do things. JB brought this on himself when he said this was his best freshman class ever. He stoked their egos and now this. Judah is the only real player in this class. I wonder if Wildhack really knows what’s going on in practice? With what happened in the women‘s program, I doubt it. In some ways, our coaching staff doesn’t deserve this, especially what our assistants are having to put up with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom