Wildhack Presser | Streaming 11 AM Monday | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack Presser | Streaming 11 AM Monday

He's setting this up to hire a local guy who is a HC in the northeast right now. Or was a HC in the northeast.

It's going to be Marrone, O'Brien, Chesney IMO.
I’m fine with any of those

Do you still think it will be White?
If I was betting yes. I just think John is a relationship guy and he had a really good one with Tony and they hated that he left. I just think that swings the balance for me. Not that another candidate couldn’t be in the mix. But I’d guess they have their guy at this point

If I was betting yes. I just think John is a relationship guy and he had a really good one with Tony and they hated that he left. I just think that swings the balance for me. Not that another candidate couldn’t be in the mix. But I’d guess they have their guy at this point

After the press conference in my opinion it screams White or Chesney. I could be wrong but the answers he gave sort of led me to one of those two guys.

And might be of interest but the Holy Cross QB and LB just hit the portal. That is normal as I don't think Holy Cross offers a grad program but it is something to keep an eye on.

I think the 12/4 comment sort of rules out Bill O'Brien unless he is going to leave the Patriots mid-season.
The Patriots are two and eight so they're working hard to be a non-factor this year anyway

Also got the sense Wildhack's 'guy' has been in place and logistics are being worked on this week. Wouldn't imagine this drags close to that Dec. 4. date.

Unless a mystery candidate approached JW / the search committee that made them rethink everything, this shouldn't be a long wait...
JW did say he received a lot of phone calls yesterday, so that actually is a distinct possibility.

Could be a current coordinator who has HC experience at some level? I think he said P5 coordinator experience. Not P5 head coaching experience.
It was confusing, but I agree, I had to go and listen for a second time

This presser rules out the disastrous rumor I heard yesterday. That’s good.
Could you share after the choice is announced?

Edit: [Sorry for the redundancy.]

JW did say he received a lot of phone calls yesterday, so that actually is a distinct possibility.
the phone calls would make sense from a certain northeast NFL team that was on bye this past week. I'm sure guys lounging around on the couches trying to avoid housework made a call to the 315 to see what was up (Obrien cough cough)

Wildhack says to his wife..."Watch, I'll say special teams experience in my press conference and we'll go to SyracuseFan and see them run with it.".
Kenan Thompson Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Wasn't Wildhack a poster here at one time? I'm pretty sure I recall that he had a handle here and it wouldn't surprise me if he drops in from time to time to get a temperature read from the fanbase that posts here. Granted there is a lot of nonsense that gets posted but there are some really intelligent folks around these parts.

Wasn't Wildhack a poster here at one time? I'm pretty sure I recall that he had a handle here and it wouldn't surprise me if he drops in from time to time to get a temperature read from the fanbase that posts here. Granted there is a lot of nonsense that gets posted but there are some really intelligent folks around these parts.
Appreciate the kind words, sir

Based on what he’s saying I think the pick will be an established HC already.
I think it will be in order Doug, White, Al, Candle, Ches, Cig, Dan. Why he talked about keeping the nucleus together, talked about a great communicator. Spoke directly about OC or DC experience as well as head coaching experience didn't need to be from the 315 but had to have East coast connections. Doug is interesting as he spoke about having an eye for talent and developing talent. I also think Doug would keep Nunz and possibly coach Long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom